AC Posting wrong miles to Aeroplan

Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC,BA,CA,SPG,ICHG, HERTZ
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
"Would you get more satisfaction if they tied the employee who made the error to a post and flogged him for it? "

YES!
Merciless scoundrel
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by loosegoose
Would you get more satisfaction if they tied the employee who made the error to a post and flogged him for it?
Absolutely, ideally starting with the VP. If they did that for all the IT screw ups, the department would be empty by month end and they could start the rebuilding process anew.

I don't say this blindly. I've audited airline IT systems. I know the complexity. I'm aware of the data processing requirements before things go over to AP. It's a huge undertaking and I feel for any programmer involved in it. But it's not that hard to test your work, and if you do screw up, it's not that hard to rerun the data using the fixed algorithm, and then to run a compare on the output files. Differences go into the adjustment file and you ship it over for the nightly batch processing.

As for timing: 4-6 weeks is ridiculous. Someone screwed up, and that someone should have had a .... next day producing the repair file. If he was planning on an early exit and quiet night, then that just sucks for him, try not screwing up next time. I've spent nights in the office fixing my mistakes and so have my staff, it's what you do when you're a customer facing business.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:28 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
As we approach the 4-week mark, has anyone seen any corrections yet? I still have my flights showing up as an S fare.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Absolute
As we approach the 4-week mark, has anyone seen any corrections yet? I still have my flights showing up as an S fare.
Relax, relax.

As the AC apologists have said many times, a wait of 4 to 6 weeks in this day and age is perfectly acceptable, in fact, you shouldn't expect anything quicker.

I can't help but notice that loosegoose has had his wings clipped somehow recently, but I am confident that someone will come along to say AC is still the Best Airline in North America for 5 Years running (according to Skytrax) and they can do no wrong.

Its even more puzzling that a VP in a major corporation would accept a 4 to 6 week timeline for a fix on something like this.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:07 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Its even more puzzling that a VP in a major corporation would accept a 4 to 6 week timeline for a fix on something like this.
Not puzzling when better IT = more $$$ = less bonus
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
I called last Friday and was told another 6 weeks more. I guess these miles will go in my 2015 bucket.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Just saw that my Z fare is now correctly posted for early July travel (previously only credited for S fare). Looks like they have overcredited me now but I am sure AE will claw that back soon!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I checked today for corrections to the July 8 problem (which customer service said would be a 4-6 week fix), and nothing yet. Glad to read I'm not alone!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:37 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Like mountaingrl, my July 8th/9th flights now properly show up as Z fares in Aeroplan.... whee!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: AC SE
Thanks Ben. Just went to check my statement and glad to see that flights were posted correctly now.

I was surprised to see my flights from July 9 on a Europe flex pass (V fare) posted as M on Altitude. I had to use 14 eupgrades, which is consistent with V fare and availability was definitely on V inventory. Is there some kind of change being implemented or is this a posting error too (without consequences)?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Add me here...my points were re-credited

Thank you
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:50 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mountaingrl
Just saw that my Z fare is now correctly posted for early July travel (previously only credited for S fare). Looks like they have overcredited me now but I am sure AE will claw that back soon!
Just had my original S fare credits removed, looks like they caught the error
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Absolute
Just had my original S fare credits removed, looks like they caught the error
I'm only wondering if this will now have an impact on altitude status... before the erroneous S credits were removed, I made SE status. Now it shows SE, but i'm 2 segments short and can't access anything anymore....

hope everything sorts itself out when my next 2 flights post on Monday!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Relax, relax.

As the AC apologists have said many times, a wait of 4 to 6 weeks in this day and age is perfectly acceptable, in fact, you shouldn't expect anything quicker...........
Have not flown in 3+ weeks ,so nothing to post to account or worry about.
My Europe flight pass purchase did give me 2500Q miles last week,took just over a week from purchase.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: 50K
I am now in the middle to the same issue! Just had my P fare tickets from GRU-YYZ-YYJ credited as an A Tango fare. A call to the SE # Aeroplan desk got me a sympathetic agent who's only advice was to send a fax! There is nothing on the Aeroplan site Request Millage Credit that allows you to explain the request is a COS mistake.

I am close to !00K this year and was looking forward to my additional 25 eupgrade credits..... argghh!!

If anyone from AC wants to PM me to help resolve this quickly I would very much appreciate that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.