Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC rouge to operate YYC-PHX route as of Dec.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC rouge to operate YYC-PHX route as of Dec.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by ProudEdmontonian
I wonder if the prices YYC-PHX-YYC might change as those months approach? Just askin'....
I'm sure they will rise as the dates approach. But the bottom line is they wouldn't be offering many $650 fares in F if they were able to sell them closer to departure for more money. Only 12 F seats in the 319, between award bookings and last minute fares they still need to offer $650 to fill up the small cabin.

With the same logic it is also why AC doesn't sell $650 return YYZ-YYC-YYZ regularly. They know they can get more for the seat later so why sell cheaply now.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Right, right. Odd that they only choose to offer rock-bottom First class prices on certain routes like YYC/YVR-PHX. A market you laughed at my notion will be wiped out in due time.
We'll see. In the meantime perhaps you ought to apply to run AA/US to save them from their ways.

And while you're at it, come run EIAA as they, too, apparently fail to appreciate your wisdom....
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Right, right. Odd that they only choose to offer rock-bottom First class prices on certain routes like YYC/YVR-PHX. A market you laughed at my notion will be wiped out in due time.

usairays.com
Matrix

Fare code A ......... Tons of availability. It's actually just the going non-refundable First class fare in a super low-yielding market.
I see U$911. Perhaps you're confusing the advance booking one-way fares in C$s and forgetting to double those? Flexible fares are still U$1000+ in each direction.

Seems AA is making a big move into YEG, having started with its DFW flight and soon launching an LAX nonstop along with the PHX flights.

Last edited by Shareholder; Jun 23, 2014 at 8:06 pm
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:25 pm

BTW, how many flights have you booked at this time for yourself for next Jan-Mar 2015? I wonder if the prices YYC-PHX-YYC might change as those months approach? Just askin'....
You're right PE! Front cabin prices on YYC-PHX-YYC do seem to change as the date draws near. They go down even further into trash territory!! LOL.
Any Albertans want to go to PHX next week for July 4? You'll have to reach deep in your pockets and come up with a whopping $300USD each way for non-stop First class. Next week. Also available any month I checked
Can anyone find another transborder flight, ex Canada, First class, Mainline, non-stop o/d flight for that kind of fare?? And I'm laughed at for speculating Alberta-PHX will be wiped of AA's map once they pull down Phoenix. Crazy idea I know. No way AA wants to let go of that kind of yield.
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I see U$911. Perhaps you're confusing the advance booking one-way fares in C$s and forgetting to double those? Flexible fares are still U$1000+ in each direction.
Did you check usairways.com?
Go to Expedia.ca (or any other search engine) YYC-PHX-YYC, First class, Jul 3-8
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
First class seat sales are not unusual for the July 4th weekend. Also, it was typical of US to offer non-refundable discounted first class fares in many markets - a trend that's now being mimicked by DL and UA. It's called "first class monetization", meaning fewer free upgrades are being given away. AA won't eliminate the PHX hub as long as it remains profitable and reliable.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by FlyerAl
First class seat sales are not unusual for the July 4th weekend.
What about the week after July 4th? YYC-PHX-YYC is even cheaper in First Class. As I said, that's a typical NR First class (A) fare on the route, available on dozens of dates through end of schedule
Also, it was typical of US to offer non-refundable discounted first class fares in many markets
Not unlike every airline on every route. What's not typical is the price point
AA won't eliminate the PHX hub as long as it remains profitable and reliable.
As long as it remains more profitable than all other options
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Rouge will get killed on this route soon enough. 3 daily Westjet flights and 2 daily AA/US with First Class seating vs one sardine can per day. Not a recipe for success in my books!
It's going to be hard for rouge to get "killed" anywhere w/ their cost structure. I'd suggest AA/US might soon be pulling down 1 of their 2*daily on this low yielding route
Ha-ha-ha!
I'd suggest you stick to Ontario.
Phoenix to Alberta is largely an O/D market so those flights may very well remain regardless of what they may do with Phoenix as a hub.
Well, well, well. US/AA is pulling down YYCPHX and YEGPHX to single daily rotations. I mean, Who'd a thunk it?? How can this be?!?

Missed this prognostication from our Alberta insiders with their fingers on the pulse of all things Alberta/YEG ...
Guess you were too busy laughing at dumb Ontarioans daring to suggest exactly this would happen a few months ago.

Must be some mistake.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Where is that info from? Just checked AA.com and there are 2 dailies ex-YEG on the dates I checked in January.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:08 am

Where is that info from? Just checked AA.com and there are 2 dailies ex-YEG on the dates I checked in January.
Eff 30Mar2015
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I think there is a lower frequency in the off season.

Oh and of course Rouge has ZERO frequencies from YYC after April is done with and ZERO from YEG period.

Last edited by Altaflyer; Nov 25, 2014 at 11:30 am
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
seems they start later every year--makes it more difficult to use a SW pass!
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:24 pm

Well, well, well. US/AA is pulling down YYCPHX and YEGPHX to single daily rotations. I mean, Who'd a thunk it?? How can this be?!?

Missed this prognostication from our Alberta insiders with their fingers on the pulse of all things Alberta/YEG ...
Guess you were too busy laughing at dumb Ontarioans daring to suggest exactly this would happen a few months ago.

Must be some mistake.
LOL. Reviving threads from June.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:40 pm

I think there is a lower frequency in the off season.
Are you saying this route is not being pulled down? Daily PHX frequencies to YEG and YYC are not being reduced in 2015 from previous years?
Having trouble understanding what you're trying to say
Originally Posted by TheGreatestX
LOL. Reviving threads from June.
Yeah, should have started a new thread to restate exactly what was discussed and predicted in this thread 5 months ago. Good thinking
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:49 pm

Eff 30Mar2015
Check a little closer, April, May 2015 etc , most days still 2 flights a day on AA. YEG-PHX

Saturday, yes 1 flight on AA
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by xLuther
Check a little closer, April, May 2015 etc , most days still 2 flights a day on AA. YEG-PHX

Saturday, yes 1 flight on AA
What days in April are are AA/US double daily on YEGPHX?
Are you, too, saying they're not pulling down the route next year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.