Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Official AC Representative Q&A Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jasper2009
Dear AC forum members,

We're sure most of you have been following New AC Presence on FT which has received a huge amount of responses.

In order to better manage the discussion and to ensure the AC representatives have a chance to read and reply to all the comments and questions, we've decided to slightly modify the format of the discussion:

(1) The core purpose of this thread is to allow a dialogue between FTers and AC management. As in the previous thread you may ask questions and provide feedback to AC management and the AC representatives will do their best to reply to the feedback/questions posted.
(2) FTers are welcome to reply to any of the AC representatives' posts.
(3) We kindly ask that FTers refrain from replying to other FTers' posts. The goal is to have a more streamlined Q&A thread.
(4) If you have any suggestions regarding this thread, kindly contact any of the moderators via PM or send a message using the RBP button.
(5) Should you not have received a reply to a question raised in the previous AC presence thread, you may re-post it in the new thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

And, by multiple requests from forum members, this thread is now a sticky!

Air Canada forum moderators
Print Wikipost

Official AC Representative Q&A Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Aircraft swaps are not seen as SKCH (as they are never guaranteed, ever) so no notice would be sent out.
Also this "they are never guaranteed, ever" business starts getting onto shaky ground given that AC is putting so much emphasis on ancillary fees, several of which are tied to seating. If you are introducing very marked differences in seating and charging for it in the form of preferred seating fees, you need to do better than hiding behind the small print. Telling people "here, pay for preferred seating that looks like domestic J, but exclusively at our own discretion we may lock you up in a pig pen for six hours (but do not worry - if you survive the flight you'll get your $90 back)" does not strike me as a rational value proposition or a defensible official stance. I am more than happy to pay preferred seating fees for domestic PY seating, but I do not want to ever get stuck in the back of any of your high density Y cabins, and especially in non-preferred seats. If the risk of that becomes too high, I will just not fly you. "Plus" on WestJet is guaranteed.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Aircraft swaps are not seen as SKCH (as they are never guaranteed, ever) so no notice would be sent out.
As long as you're marketing it on the purchase page, I think consumer protection laws would disagree.

Make it so that the only way anyone can tell the aircraft type is by looking at the seat map, and I'll agree with you that you're not selling a seat on a specific aircraft.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:25 pm

Location: either in Salishaan, or at an isolated colliery in the Canadian northland
Programs: AC P75: previously, quintuple secret pterodactyl wings, every year
Another lounge catering quickie for the Bens:

1) have you just changed housekeeping contractors? I asked because today at noon I found food-encrusted spoons in with the clean ones at YEG MLL. I plopped one down the opening of the big red flower-vase above the soup station, so that you might direct a responsible person to retrieve it and thus directly confront that tangible evidence. Basically, 'yuck'

2) are you generally tinkering with lounge food? Because, if so, a 'Bravo Zulu' is due to your chefs for coming up with a delightful set of salad choices. Again, as seen in YEG MLL today; I particularly enjoyed the olive/sundried-tomato/garlic tapenade dish. That's a flavourful keeper.

Thanks for listening to a minor kvetch followed by a hearty thank-you. ^_^

/Elane

['Bravo Zulu' being service-lingo for 'well done indeed!']
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC SE
Hi! I just took a flight yesterday that will push me over 100K (for the first time!) and also received my email today noting my 75K status for 2015...question: will my new status (i.e. SE) take effect as soon as the miles are posted? or do I need to wait for another 'status sweep'?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:38 pm

Just wondering when the lower requalification level select privileges will be activated for 2015 qualification.

I passed 45K in mid-October but just received the e-mail congratulating me for reaching 35K status for 2015 as of Nov. 17th.

Yes, I chose the lower 45K requal level as one of the 2014 program options. So, I should have received the Congrats, you have retained 50K for 2015 e-mail.

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 21, 2014 at 9:26 am
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AC E35/BA Bronze
Hello AC,

I will be flying DUB-LHR-YVR next month (booked J between LHR-YVR) with my girlfriend who has requested a gluten free meal and I just wanted to know if there was anyway of seeing a menu in advance? She isn't a picky eater (assuming it's gluten free) but if the meal is light she will just want to know what to pack in terms of additional snacks. She is in the gym 5 days a week so a 10hr flight is a slight concern for her when it comes to food! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael
Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
What is this on ac.com?

Sun Nov 23 4:50pm ET

What exactly is the meaning of what shows in second line of Return Dates?

Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
I understand that AC very recently ordered two additional 777-300ER.

Will these be delivered with the new seats in Business Class? Also, will they have the HD configuration in Economy?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Was at the domestic MLL this morning and there was a monster line to access the elevators. Why can't we have stair access like so many other MLL's???
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:47 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
I understand that AC very recently ordered two additional 777-300ER.

Will these be delivered with the new seats in Business Class? Also, will they have the HD configuration in Economy?
They will be in the HD configuration, but I don't recall off hand if they will be delivered with the new 787 J seat, or the current 777HD J seat (a la LX/OS/DL) and later retrofitted.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:48 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by 24left
Sun Nov 23 4:50pm ET

What exactly is the meaning of what shows in second line of Return Dates?

I imagine this is a glitch; let me find out.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:55 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by yxxmike
Hello AC,

I will be flying DUB-LHR-YVR next month (booked J between LHR-YVR) with my girlfriend who has requested a gluten free meal and I just wanted to know if there was anyway of seeing a menu in advance? She isn't a picky eater (assuming it's gluten free) but if the meal is light she will just want to know what to pack in terms of additional snacks. She is in the gym 5 days a week so a 10hr flight is a slight concern for her when it comes to food! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael
Hi Michael,

Unfortunately I don't have any sample menus for the gluten-free meals on that route. Generally speaking it should be something palatable to most, especially if she's not a picky eater, but should certainly be as substantial as any other "regular" meal served.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:56 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by clrinsgn
Just wondering when the lower requalification level select privileges will be activated for 2015 qualification.

I passed 45K in mid-October but just received the e-mail congratulating me for reaching 35K status for 2015 as of Nov. 17th.

Yes, I chose the lower 45K requal level as one of the 2014 program options. So, I should have received the Congrats, you have retained 50K for 2015 e-mail.
Let me find out.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Hi Michael,

Unfortunately I don't have any sample menus for the gluten-free meals on that route. Generally speaking it should be something palatable to most, especially if she's not a picky eater, but should certainly be as substantial as any other "regular" meal served.
Isn't the NLML and the Gluten free meal the same usually?

If so, I can attest, the meal is 1) substantial and 2) half decent. 3) usually chicken or salmon.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:57 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by t_rex
Hi! I just took a flight yesterday that will push me over 100K (for the first time!) and also received my email today noting my 75K status for 2015...question: will my new status (i.e. SE) take effect as soon as the miles are posted? or do I need to wait for another 'status sweep'?
Unfortunately I believe you'll need to wait for the next status sweep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.