Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Official AC Representative Q&A Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jasper2009
Dear AC forum members,

We're sure most of you have been following New AC Presence on FT which has received a huge amount of responses.

In order to better manage the discussion and to ensure the AC representatives have a chance to read and reply to all the comments and questions, we've decided to slightly modify the format of the discussion:

(1) The core purpose of this thread is to allow a dialogue between FTers and AC management. As in the previous thread you may ask questions and provide feedback to AC management and the AC representatives will do their best to reply to the feedback/questions posted.
(2) FTers are welcome to reply to any of the AC representatives' posts.
(3) We kindly ask that FTers refrain from replying to other FTers' posts. The goal is to have a more streamlined Q&A thread.
(4) If you have any suggestions regarding this thread, kindly contact any of the moderators via PM or send a message using the RBP button.
(5) Should you not have received a reply to a question raised in the previous AC presence thread, you may re-post it in the new thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

And, by multiple requests from forum members, this thread is now a sticky!

Air Canada forum moderators
Print Wikipost

Official AC Representative Q&A Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Hi Ben L and Ben S. This comment isn't made as feedback to the specific changes for the upcoming Altitude 2015 program, but as to when this notice is provided.

I know that you make changes for the upcoming year based on an analysis of the current year, but this simply isn't fair to us. We've been giving you our loyalty all year for what we think the program will be the following year. Then 11 months into the qualification year you announce changes.

If you're making major changes that impact your Altitude members negatively, they should be announced at the beginning of the year (e.g. like the E35K elite tier was).
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:22 pm
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Hey Ben

I stayed at a Delta hotel and should have gotten a 10% discount code for AC. It's been two weeks and I haven't gotten it. Who should I contact?

Thanks!
Delta, I think.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Any thought given to offering SE a permanent 25% discount on certain fares (PE, LAT, BIZ)? I mean, we are supposed to be your best customers (in the aggregate anyways), and companies are given discounts, why not entice us top tiers with something which would actually make it worthwhile looking at these fares?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Any request made after March 1. All requests made before March 1, irrespective of the date of flight, will be calculated using the this year's credit requirements.
If I make a change to an upgraded Latitude booking after March 1, will the e-ups required be recalculated?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:08 pm
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by BlueMilk
If I make a change to an upgraded Latitude booking after March 1, will the e-ups required be recalculated?
As long as you don't have to submit a new request, I don't think so - i.e. if you don't change the flight in question and don't have to re-request, it should be fine.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
As long as you don't have to submit a new request, I don't think so - i.e. if you don't change the flight in question and don't have to re-request, it should be fine.
No, I was hoping you could thow me a bone and give me a reason to make bookings early and maintain the flexibility to change dates.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:26 pm

Hi there

I just want to express my complete dissatisfaction on the changes to the Altitude program. There is zero satisfaction in me right now.

I've never felt so much anger towards an airline before.

Thanks,
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
To whom it may concern,

I was reading the changes (not going to vent here) and I just wanted to point out that the removal of the 500 mile minimum could hurt more than it gains on short routes. I look at YYJ - YVR because I am YVR based, paying the $100 extra for flex to get an extra 29 miles just isn't going to happen. I suspect you will see a lot more people go tango in these places now.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:55 am
Suspended

Can AC explain why I should or would want to keep flying after reaching 100K miles? Without eUPs earned after that threshold, it's totally pointless.

Really and truly, I have not redeemed AP for tickets over 100K because I value the eUPs for travel in the spring (and occasionally they post for next year's expiration). But that incentive is completely gone now.

I might as well enrol in another program and split my business. Using up the eUPs as much as I can on the lowest possible AC fares, and buying J/Z/D/P/A/F fares on other carriers, maybe CX/Oneworld where the Centurion benefit allows me to achieve Diamond at 60K Q Miles.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Anger is a good emotion--if you turn it into positive energy to fix the situation (like walk away).

I am just disinterested and I think AC has underestimated both the disinterest and the anger over this one. Not since the Errorplan days have I seen such an outpouring of disinterest and anger. Disinterest is likely the bigger risk to AC although anger might mean a lot more negativity on social media . . .

I would sure like to hear some of those positive news items Bens--first you give us the bad news, then we get the good news -- right?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:06 am

OK Ben

Flight to Europe on Flex needs 21 eupgrades... each way....
For you and a travel companion....... you will need 84 eupgrade credits to be upgraded on a full, return trip in Flex. Superelites only get 70 EUPGRADE CREDITS!!!!!!!!!

Please explain what the rationale is behind that?!!?!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:56 pm

AQM vs AQS for 2015 Altitude Minimum

Hi Ben,

I had a question for you with regards to 2015 altitude qualification.

If I am qualifying based on a total of 50K AQM does that mean I must meet the minimum AC requirement using AQM as well?

Am I able to earn 50K AQM globally and 5 AQS on AC to satisfy the minimum requirements?

Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:27 pm
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by Deathray
Hi Ben,

I had a question for you with regards to 2015 altitude qualification.

If I am qualifying based on a total of 50K AQM does that mean I must meet the minimum AC requirement using AQM as well?

Am I able to earn 50K AQM globally and 5 AQS on AC to satisfy the minimum requirements?

Thanks.
For 2015 Altitude qualification (i.e. program starting March 1, 2015) you need only 10k AQMs or 5 AQS on AC metal (operated flights). For 2016 (i.e. the flying you'll be doing next year to achieve status for the year following), you need 50% of the mileage required for that tier. In other words, if you are going for Super Elite, you need 100k AQM or 95 AQS, 50k AQMs or 47 AQS of which must be on AC metal.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:18 pm

I have an idea to help improve / enhance the AC metal requirement rule for the Altitude program, and that is to add an alternative criteria to bonus those who fly exclusively on Air Canada or fly them more often.

For example: to earn SE status, they can fly:
1. at least 100K miles (of which 50K will be AC metal)
- OR -
2. at least 80K miles, all of which must be on AC metal

So the idea is that the person who flies more Air Canada and gives Air Canada more direct revenue would be relieved the requirement to fly even more to earn superelite status.

This would probably help with flying habits.

Andrew / Ben -what do you think?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: AC*E50 1MM
Dear Ben: Do you ever consult with AC top tier flyers BEFORE coming up with all those changes to the AC Altitude program which are obviously getting mostly negative feedback?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.