Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Official AC Representative Q&A Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jasper2009
Dear AC forum members,

We're sure most of you have been following New AC Presence on FT which has received a huge amount of responses.

In order to better manage the discussion and to ensure the AC representatives have a chance to read and reply to all the comments and questions, we've decided to slightly modify the format of the discussion:

(1) The core purpose of this thread is to allow a dialogue between FTers and AC management. As in the previous thread you may ask questions and provide feedback to AC management and the AC representatives will do their best to reply to the feedback/questions posted.
(2) FTers are welcome to reply to any of the AC representatives' posts.
(3) We kindly ask that FTers refrain from replying to other FTers' posts. The goal is to have a more streamlined Q&A thread.
(4) If you have any suggestions regarding this thread, kindly contact any of the moderators via PM or send a message using the RBP button.
(5) Should you not have received a reply to a question raised in the previous AC presence thread, you may re-post it in the new thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

And, by multiple requests from forum members, this thread is now a sticky!

Air Canada forum moderators
Print Wikipost

Official AC Representative Q&A Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:54 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by Simon
Ben, I'm going to re-ask what I posted above.

What is with YYZ-YOW always going out of D26/D28 (furthest away gates) when purportedly RapidAir? One of the original premises here was that RapidAir was fast on/off near security. These are super-far-away gates.
The spec I provided our local YYZ team for Rapidair gating is to use 120/122/131/133 for YUL/YOW flights and they do their best to make it work. As Ben pointed out this is not always possible. Given the nature of our operations at YYZ, flights from YUL and YOW don't always turn back to YUL and YOW (not always efficient use of aircraft, for example a 7am YUL-YYZ arrives at 824am can't turn to a 9am departure). So if we want to gate YUL & YOW arrivals at 120/122/131/133 and they turn to another destination, it takes up one of those gates so we go to the next closest ones which are 126/128.

You'll notice in YUL we use the closest gates for YYZ/YTZ flights as the turns of the aircraft are different and we can usually turn YYZ back to YYZ because of the shorter block time of the YYZ-YUL flight.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Hey Ben,

What's the rule for serving alcohol? Is it similar/the same as smart serve in restaurants? Is there an intentional (seemingly) discrepancy between mainline/express when it comes to serving booze? I have had good success getting 4 g + t's at one shot on mainline but never can get served more than 2 at a time on express.

Not sure if you can chime in on this..

Thank you!
Crew judgement call - keep in mind Express flights are often shorter than Mainline flights so I think getting 2 G and T for an 1 hour flight might not be reasonable to the crew (I'm not accusing you of getting intoxicated) but keep in mind that the crew doesn't know you and they have the responsibility of not giving excessive alcohol.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
Crew judgement call - keep in mind Express flights are often shorter than Mainline flights so I think getting 2 G and T for an 1 hour flight might not be reasonable to the crew (I'm not accusing you of getting intoxicated) but keep in mind that the crew doesn't know you and they have the responsibility of not giving excessive alcohol.
Thanks Andrew! Perfectly fair comment. What about the discrepancies between a 4 hour Rouge flight and a 4 hour mainline flight? Rouge = still much more...conservative to dispensing alcohol vs mainline. Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Bear in mind also that there is a finite amount of stowage space on board both within the bar trolleys and in supplemental units. Bar assembly is standard worldwide and adding one item would come at the expense of another. Over the years we've tweaked the beverage offerings, and while Iced Tea is my personal (and only) soft drink of choice, I don't think I've been asked for it 3 times in the last year - much to my surprise. We carried Diet Sprite and Diet Ginger Ale for years which were removed because of negligible consumption. Ginger Ale and Club Soda have increased in popularity and as a result Sprite was reduced by a couple of cans/units
accordingly. We used to board Gin & Tonic units on flights to the UK, but over time, drinking habits have changed and they are no longer required. It's never a perfect science, but the current offering and ratios are pretty close to meet demand. Still...I'd love to see Arizona or Snapple
Thank you as well!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
1) Not sure it's intentional, but I believe the contract is with Coke so get a selection of their beverages. I'm sure Andrew will take note of the requests for iced tea!

2) No, they are different meals. The J ones are (should be) more elaborate and fitting for a J cabin.
Thanks and understood. Appreciate the response AC reps!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Thank you as well!
Freshly brewed tea, plus ice plus lemon = iced tea. voila!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite 75K
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Can you send me a PM with details? Thanks.
Hey Ben, just following up on this. Want to make sure my PMs have gone through. Thanks so much for all of your help in this forum! ^
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:36 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by viola628
Hey Ben, just following up on this. Want to make sure my PMs have gone through. Thanks so much for all of your help in this forum! ^
Sorry, yes, just been a bit backed up. I should have an answer shortly.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Altitude/Aeroplan not posted 2 weeks after Corporate Rewards flight.

Hey Folks,

I flew my first Corporate Rewards booking on October 9th and neither my Altitude nor Aeroplan points have posted. I contacted Aeroplan, but have heard nothing.

What is the best way to resolve this? And yes, my Aeroplan number was on my ticket.

C
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:27 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by catgirl
Ben & Ben, could you point us in the direction of additional information about the promotional offer that is currently available (until October 31) on the purchase of a Southwestern Rouge flight pass? The "Details" section on the website gives the following information:

Where can we find additional specific information about pricing on this special Hawaii flight pass? It looks like this special pass will only apply to Flex fares -- is there an opportunity to get a similar discount on J (or Premium rouge) fares? If so how much? If not, will it map into M fares and therefore be available for upgrade using e-upgrades? The details of this special promo will help me decide whether or not the Southwestern pass is right for us, so any additional information greatly appreciated.
The Hawaii promo pass is only available in Flex and is booked in H class.
$1,244.00 plus tax for YYC YVR YEG
$1,520.00 plus tax for all of western Canada. (MB SK AB BC YK NT)
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:28 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by catarina
Hey Folks,

I flew my first Corporate Rewards booking on October 9th and neither my Altitude nor Aeroplan points have posted. I contacted Aeroplan, but have heard nothing.

What is the best way to resolve this? And yes, my Aeroplan number was on my ticket.

C
Can you PM me? I will follow up with AC CR team.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:58 am

Thanks Andrew! Perfectly fair comment. What about the discrepancies between a 4 hour Rouge flight and a 4 hour mainline flight? Rouge = still much more...conservative to dispensing alcohol vs mainline. Thanks!
Different crew will have different interpretation of serving the right amount but all with the same goal in mind which is to not to give out excessive alcohol. I'm sure if someone is not intoxicated then the crew will have no reason to not give them more. Keep in mind most mainline crew have more experience than rouge crew in terms of flying hours so probably have seen more different scenarios in the air!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:40 pm
Suspended

"the number of eUpgrade Credits required for eUpgrade requests made as of March 1, 2015:"

Does this mean for any flight after March 1, or for any eUP request made after March 1, 2015?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:08 pm
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by Allvest
"the number of eUpgrade Credits required for eUpgrade requests made as of March 1, 2015:"

Does this mean for any flight after March 1, or for any eUP request made after March 1, 2015?
Any request made after March 1. All requests made before March 1, irrespective of the date of flight, will be calculated using the this year's credit requirements.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Hey Ben

I stayed at a Delta hotel and should have gotten a 10% discount code for AC. It's been two weeks and I haven't gotten it. Who should I contact?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.