Wiki Posts
Search

MCO Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*S100k
MCO Lounge Access

Travelling from Orlando with Family, however my parents are on a reward ticket departing with US Airways. Since the travel will be after March 31st FF merge to Oneworld...Can they get into the United lounge with a US Airways ticket as AP is still honoring the US Airways itinerary?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
No. The itinerary is still valid, but no Star Alliance benefits are.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
AC has moved their gates to a different area, and the United lounge is now airside of a DIFFERENT security checkpoint so they would need to clear security TWICE to use the UA lounge anyway. It seems out of reach for many reasons!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by flyquiet
AC has moved their gates to a different area, and the United lounge is now airside of a DIFFERENT security checkpoint so they would need to clear security TWICE to use the UA lounge anyway. It seems out of reach for many reasons!
I just flew out of MCO last night.

There is a starbucks which closes at 8.30pm

I would do that rather than double security
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Except it's a US flight, not AC, so AC's gate location doesn't really make a difference
Old Mar 4, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Is that actually right? From the MCO map it seems like AC and United are now both in Terminal B.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Except it's a US flight, not AC, so AC's gate location doesn't really make a difference
Speaking for myself, my point was even if the US flight squeaked under the wire, the lounge location makes it really moot. OP did not give the date, and perhaps it could have been 06:00 on April 1 or something.

Originally Posted by yhzflyer
Is that actually right? From the MCO map it seems like AC and United are now both in Terminal B.
It was just recently changed. When I returned in late January, it was in the usual location gate 1-29 pier, and UA lounge is near, like, gate 43 or something. Although AC was in "A" and UA was in "B" they are both airside of the same security to 1-59. They were on separate trains, but it was like 4 minutes out and 4 minutes back and another 4 minutes out, and airside of the same security. UA club closed at 8 and the last AC to YYZ left at 8:30 or 9, so no problem.

When I returned Feb 20 or so, AC had moved to the international pier 60-99, which although it is B, is airside of the other security. It is the stupidest of stupidness. There is a Delta lounge in the international pier which looks lovely, which LH contracts but AC's name is not on the door and the dragons said no. @Altitude is "looking into it". Please tweet up a storm. The UC is not a realistic option for us now.

Airport map:
http://www.orlandoairports.net/ops/i...nding_maps.pdf
Old Mar 4, 2014, 6:16 pm

People are confusing the A vs B gates which are north and south respectively with the East and West security entrances. Each security entrance contain an A and a B gate so it gets confusing.

What matters is that AC used to be at the west security entrance (away from the hyatt end...... and all though not in the united wing you could take that pier train and still stay inside security). Now they are at the east security end (close to the Hyatt). United and the RCC (or whatever they call it now) is in B gates but west security. AC is now in B gates but east security.

Make sense?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by bizorbetter
People are confusing the A vs B gates which are north and south respectively with the East and West security entrances. Each security entrance contain an A and a B gate so it gets confusing.

What matters is that AC used to be at the west security entrance (away from the hyatt end...... and all though not in the united wing you could take that pier train and still stay inside security). Now they are at the east security end (close to the Hyatt). United and the RCC (or whatever they call it now) is in B gates but west security. AC is now in B gates but east security.

Make sense?
Well that's a stupid move. I thought the trend was to have * alliance services and gates as close as possible. MCO is usu my airport of choice in Fla. Now AC effectively has removed any lounge option at MCO.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:33 pm

Well that's a stupid move. I thought the trend was to have * alliance services and gates as close as possible. MCO is usu my airport of choice in Fla. Now AC effectively has removed any lounge option at MCO.
It is not irredeemable. They just need a stroke of a pen to contract the Delta lounge. They do it elsewhere. It would be the sort of reassurance AC's MCO business travellers need after the rouging of the in-flight experience.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
A quick postscript for this thread...

Just got into the United Club at MCO.

I wanted to note that although it's still not an ideal situation and still requires double security, it's a lot more feasible for Nexus holders now that AC is participating in PreCheck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.