Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Promotion: Say “ciao!” to 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles - Fail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2014, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!

In today's The Altitude Report email, May Edition, the top feature is "Say “ciao!” to 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles." It states:
Travel round-trip between Canada and Milan, Rome or Venice and you won’t just be coming home with a pair of designer shoes, you’ll return with 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan® Miles. This one-time exclusive bonus applies when you register and book in any fare by June 18, 2014 for all travel ending December 10, 2014.
I followed the link to register, agreed to the T&Cs, and received "SORRY! The Aeroplan Number you have entered was not valid or you are not eligible for this promotion. Please try again."

Why send me the link, if my Aeroplan number is not eligible? Is this just another in the litany of AC/AP IT failures?

Sigh...
Old May 26, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Same for me.
Old May 26, 2014, 6:05 pm

Anche per me. Ciao!
Old May 26, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Technically it isn't an error, as "ciao" means both "hello" and "goodbye".

It happened that your number was only eligible for the "goodbye" version of the promotion.
Old May 26, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Lol, failed for me as well. I wonder if they want it to kick in Tuesday night/Wednesday around midnight since that's when their weekly promotions begin? I know it's supposed to start on May 26th, but maybe it's a left-hand/right-hand thing.

Last edited by yqtyyz; May 26, 2014 at 6:38 pm Reason: Additional sentence added.
Old May 26, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Count me on the fail list. Haha.
Old May 26, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
"Say “ciao!” to 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles."
It's not a fail. You say ciao to 5,000 points. Check a couple of months later, to confirm you say goodbye to 5,000 point.
Old May 26, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Anyone actually successfully registerred?
Old May 26, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Failed for me also. Why waste my time and invite me.

What a farce with a program that has so many IT issues.
Old May 27, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
This failed for me too. Has anyone contacted AC about this issue?
Old May 27, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Worked for me now after failing earlier.
Old May 27, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Now I'm getting: "SORRY! The Aeroplan Number you have entered has already been registered for that promotion. Thank you!"

So, I'm registered now. Probably.
Old May 27, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by zorn
Technically it isn't an error, as "ciao" means both "hello" and "goodbye".

It happened that your number was only eligible for the "goodbye" version of the promotion.
That's exactly what I thought when the email came in -- that they were taking 5,000 points from me if I clicked the link -- so I didn't click!
Old May 27, 2014, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Fail turned to fixed...

From an Altitude email this evening:
Thank you for registering for the Say “Ciao!” to 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan® Miles offer.
We experienced some issues during the registration process. You may have received an error message while trying to register, however, we can confirm that you have been successfully registered for the offer and can start earning Bonus Aeroplan Miles for travel to Milan, Rome or Venice.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you,
Air Canada
I had not tried to re-enter the contest since last evening, when every attempt was met by... Sorry!
Old May 28, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Same issues are everyone else when I tried to register my husband. But last night he was suddenly registered and received the "sorry" e-mail. Of course the sad part is that he has already booked his ticket to Rome and we will be travelling during the bonus period - but he will not get the bonus points. I remember the days when all you had to do was register at some time during the promotion to get the bonus points if you were flying during the period. Last year this change cost him bonus points on 6 flights. I guess the good news though is that we are on the direct Toronto to Rome flight and have not been Rouged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.