Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

ACVAC/AE Points Resolution Wait Time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2014, 7:02 am
Original Poster

So, booked a holiday with ACVAC and it came with 10k bonus AE points. Took the trip, waited almost two months and no points. ACVAC said speak to AE. AE said Speak to ACVAC. Sent an email to ACVAC and no response after several weeks. Finally spoke to someone at ACVAC who said that it would be looked into and the points 'should' be deposited by end of June as someone has to look into this.

1 - IT fail. It shouldn't be that complicated to pass along the info that the trip was taken and the bonus points should be deposited.

2 - How bad of a company is AC/ACVAC/AE that it will take 6 weeks to look into this? How big of a back log of complaints does that equal?
Old May 24, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
Why don't you DM one of the Bens on the forum? I'm sure they can sent your info over to the correct department and get things resolved quickly.
Old May 24, 2014, 9:55 am
Formerly known as tireman77

The Bens have been kind enough to answer hundreds of questions here, on what appears to be their own time. And yes, on occasion they've offered to solve quick problems for people via PM. But do we really want to start sending them PMs every time there is an issue with a seat selection or points redemption? I wouldn't want to turn them into personal concierges for FT members...
Old May 24, 2014, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Always nice to know there are a few resources to turn to when issues arise. ACVAC has taken the details and I will have to be patient...
Old May 24, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Whenever I have an issue with the Aeroplan miles (points) not posting, I go to the AC web site and fill out the electronic customer services form; I usually then get an acknowledgement automated email from AC that my electronic form has been received; a few days later (usually with 2 to 3 working days) I get an email response from the AC agent that the issue with the points has been looked into, and that the points will post in the next one to two working days.

One can also go to the Aeroplan web site, and fill out the missing Aeroplan miles form; but I find that the response there is very slow.

I suspect that I get this relatively fast response because of my SE status; perhaps customers with lower Aeroplan (or Altitude) status, and especially those passengers with no status, will get a much slower response.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:04 am
Original Poster

As FlyerGoldIII has said, and I can verify, SE's get the deluxe treatment as this issue has yet to be resolved...and I have yet to hear back from anyone. It is pretty sad that all employees can see the details, yet the points have not posted.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Whenever I have an issue with the Aeroplan miles (points) not posting, I go to the AC web site and fill out the electronic customer services form; I usually then get an acknowledgement automated email from AC that my electronic form has been received; a few days later (usually with 2 to 3 working days) I get an email response from the AC agent that the issue with the points has been looked into, and that the points will post in the next one to two working days.

One can also go to the Aeroplan web site, and fill out the missing Aeroplan miles form; but I find that the response there is very slow.

I suspect that I get this relatively fast response because of my SE status; perhaps customers with lower Aeroplan (or Altitude) status, and especially those passengers with no status, will get a much slower response.
Bear in mind, that the online submission 'mandatory' requirement does NOT work for all Star Alliance partners nor flight numbers. While the Aeroplan management team believes their website is flawless, it is far from that.

As a lowly Elite, they have yet to action my email to [email protected] from March 2014 for missing flight AV/TA segments from February 2014.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Another round of contacting ACVAC and we have been told that it will be 10 more days. Lets see what the chances of that are....
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

I am left to summarize that ACVAC has brutal customer service. On our 6th round of communication with them and still no resolution to this. I would love to hear and explanation as to how this is acceptable....maybe the 11th time will be a charm.

All I can say is who ever is in charge of their Customer Service - they truly suck.

Now, whom ever is in charge of their Lack of Customer Service - they are brilliant.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
As FlyerGoldIII has said, and I can verify, SE's get the deluxe treatment as this issue has yet to be resolved...and I have yet to hear back from anyone. It is pretty sad that all employees can see the details, yet the points have not posted.
I'm not sure I would say it's a deluxe treatment, but it is probably better than the treatment afforded to non-status customers. Each year I have 1 - 4 issues with the bonus miles from flight pass purchases not posting. Resolution (posting of missing bonus miles) takes anywhere from a few weeks and a single call to AC up to requiring several calls/e-mail to/from AC and over 6 months to have the missing miles posted.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Still waiting....

Just to keep you up to date on my plight - still waiting for these points to be deposited.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Gotta give credit where it is due...

So, I had enough waiting and sent a tweet to ACVAC asking if they could help. I received a message back saying that they would have someone contact me. I am pleased to say that someone did contact me. Ten minutes ago. The end result of the conversation was to wait another month. I questioned that citing the current time frame and she was going to do her best.

I logged on to Flyertalk to essentially voice my displeasure about the time frame and had a private message waiting. Many thanks to Adam from the AC team for finding this thread and offering to have a look into the situation. When things go wrong, it is extremely difficult and frustrating when dealing with a faceless company.

If anything Adam, you have proven to me that there is a virtual face to the AC umbrella. I want to personally, and publicly, thank you for reaching out to me and offering assistance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.