AC Presence on FT

Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by RCyyz
If I worked for an airline or a hotel or a car rental company or a travel agency, I would view FT as a way to get completely free and brutally honest feedback from a bunch of peeps who actually know and understand not only my product but those of my competitors. As such, I would try to cultivate a relationship of sorts to encourage a continuous flow of feedback and suggestions which I could then use to improve my product offerings.

But I guess that's just me.
I agree 100%. ^^

Some company would pay for this kind of information/feedback sharing. Well actually quite a few do via market surveys and the like.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
SWISS Lurker is a very helpful contributor and I have personally used their guidance.
--
13F
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
Just voted. Great idea. And very creative with 1 option
Hey thanks! LOL
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mendy7511
so 87% so far prefer unfiltered communication.
From the poll respondents, it is obvious FT is quite a higher percentage than 0.0000001%
For the record I voted with the majority. Unfiltered and unedited it should be. Clumsy it should not be.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 3, 2015 at 6:28 pm Reason: content
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest
For the record I voted with the majority. Unfiltered and unedited it should be. Clumsy it should not be.
+1: clumsy is absolutely the right word
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by ACB777
+1: clumsy is absolutely the right word
Honestly it is the way of many AC implementations, amateur.

Look at zoned boarding, the various carry-on restriction attempts, e-upgrade give back to SE's.... Wow, how long could this list be?!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Dorian
Wow, how long could this list be?!
Obviously it should be a short list but sadly in AC's case it's much longer than it needs to be. And I do find this odd. I posted earlier, somewhat in jest, that FT is a great place for free, brutally honest feedback. And some companies leverage FT quite effectively - the SPG Champions are, I think, a perfect example of how to have an effective online presence that both maintains the corporate line and still draws customers into a healthy conversation.

AC on the other hand, only grudgingly seems to maintain an online presence here and even on Facebook / Twitter etc. But engaging your customers is not something to be feared; there is much to be gained by reaching out to customers especially those who are as crazy passionate about the products as we are.

But ... we'll just add this to the list of things that AC chooses not to do.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G
Originally Posted by RCyyz
Obviously it should be a short list but sadly in AC's case it's much longer than it needs to be. And I do find this odd. I posted earlier, somewhat in jest, that FT is a great place for free, brutally honest feedback. And some companies leverage FT quite effectively - the SPG Champions are, I think, a perfect example of how to have an effective online presence that both maintains the corporate line and still draws customers into a healthy conversation.

AC on the other hand, only grudgingly seems to maintain an online presence here and even on Facebook / Twitter etc. But engaging your customers is not something to be feared; there is much to be gained by reaching out to customers especially those who are as crazy passionate about the products as we are.

But ... we'll just add this to the list of things that AC chooses not to do.
The *wood lurkers seldom have their posts dissected to the point that they are on this board. I've never seen Mr. Lipsey mention that he begrudgingly maintains a presence here.

To be honest though, I would have quit long ago based on what I had thought which was the majority of people not wanting him here. Thankfully Sparseflyer's poll dispelled of that incorrect thought!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Voted!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
...and what will this "unofficial" "referendum*" get us?

(*not to diminish the Canada, Scotland, Greek, etc. ones)
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyznomad

The surprising realization (to me, at least) that some of our fellow posters prefer to have no official AC representation on this forum.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by allbrosca
Voted!

+ 1
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by yyznomad

We do this for the same reason you do anything else:

For the lolz

But me too am surprised some would rather not have AC here at all.

Actually, I wonder what Ben voted...

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 3, 2015 at 11:13 pm Reason: merge separate posts
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan AA
I voted for Ben. Yes, he's made a few missteps, but it seems to me like he's a dedicated employee who's making an honest effort to engage a segment of his company's customer base.
I'm not a fan of Air Canada, nor its management, but I sincerely appreciate his efforts and viewpoints on this forum, and I'd hate to see it end.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Glad you've finally accepted this.
It's amazing to me to see that Air Canada actually pays employees to come out and fight with customers on the board, including making sarcastic and aggressive comments to them.

Ben, you make this kind of comment then you do the, "Oh my, it's so hard to be here, what with the difficulty of having to parse my comments for all you so sensitive people. I'm just here to be honest and so sorry IF that offends some of you."

You can't play this both ways. You cannot be hostile and aggressive in engaging with customers even if you don't like what the customer has to say, AND then claim that it's just the oh so sensitive customers overreacting out of their inability to deal with plain talk.

This is hypocritical and painting yourself as the victim. If you are a company rep you can't use personal comments and personal attacks like the one above to work your own personal feelings off against individual posters and then also claim that you're just giving straight talk on behalf of the company.

When I see stuff like this, it turns me so far off the brand. There are other companies out there who actually fight for business. AC at best comes off like it doesn't give a damn, and at other times, like they really do prefer to shed all this inconvenient business.

I can't wait until the economic pendulum swings the other way and AC comes groveling back to the customers that it flipped off when it felt times were good.

No company has ever worked out well that has taken this arrogant approach to dealing with customers. Even a pissed off, unreasonable customer needs to be treated with respect. You can bang your head against your desk, you can go to the bar and ..... about the idiot you dealt with at work today, but you don't go on public forums and engage in petty, flippant personal comments when wearing your company badge.

So many AC people do work hard to give the brand a good name and stupid comments like this will seem justified and applauded by fanboys but it leaves a sour taste in a lot of other people's mouths.

So disappointed.

Last edited by Braindrain; Jul 4, 2015 at 11:04 pm Reason: Removed personal attack

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.