Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: dDiamond, A50K*G, AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, AMEX Plat, SPG Gold, Avis First

From Financial Post:

Air Canada targets new leisure destinations with low-cost carrier Rouge

Air Canada will unveil its new low-cost carrier and leisure group Tuesday under a new brand, Rouge, targeting several new leisure destinations in Europe and the Caribbean starting in July, sources familiar with the plan have said.

The initial details about Rouge were the first to emerge in what is a key part of Air Canada’s strategy to lower its costs and expand in the years ahead. The low-cost carrier, coupled with the airline’s new 787 Dreamliners, is expected to have a dramatic impact on the competitiveness of the airline’s fleet.

While not all the details were known ahead of the launch of the new brand Tuesday at an event in Toronto, Air Canada is said to be targeting several new destinations in Italy, Scotland, Greece, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica and Jamaica.

It is believed the carrier will launch in the East, flying from Toronto and Montreal, and that only one of the destinations in those countries will be an existing one, sources said.

Last edited by tcook052; Dec 18, 2012 at 7:59 am Reason: against TOS to repost copyrighted article in entirety
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Rosens222
Air Canada is said to be targeting several new destinations in Italy, Scotland, Greece, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica and Jamaica...

...only one of the destinations in those countries will be an existing one, sources said.
So where exactly is Rouge going to fly in Italy, Greece, Cuba, the DR, Costa Rica and Jamaica that is not already served by AC?

If they're thinking of adding VCE it would be interesting.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Rouge is such a dumb name. And with 50 more seats on a 767 I wonder what that will do to the pitch?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Rogue Air is that the English version?

Last edited by djjaguar64; Dec 18, 2012 at 7:06 am
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Sounds like the color of their financial statements...

Seriously, it will be interesting to see how that wireless IFE will be implemented.

Last edited by gabdusch; Dec 18, 2012 at 7:01 am
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rouge......name ok in French

Rouge...... name ??????? in English
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by airbus320

+1

Seems like the most stupid choice for an airline name.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
+1

Seems like the most stupid choice for an airline name.
^^^

They should have selected SCOOT OFF
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rosens222
Walter Spracklin, an RBC Capital Markets analyst, said he expects the new LCC might be able to contribute a modest profit of roughly $952,000 in its first year to Air Canada’s operations and potentially as much as $12-million annually by 2018 as it matures. By then, he said he expects it will be serving other destinations across the Pacific as well.
All this effort / annoying pax / annoying staff just to generate an estimated profit of a few million dollars - and thatīs if everything works out well?!? Guess I should forget everything I thought I knew about business and economics.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
When is someone going to ask about status miles.... oh wait... I just did....

How can I get status miles on this new Rouge? Will they count for MM?

Could it be a new T+++ fare category?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
Pitch?

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Rouge is such a dumb name. And with 50 more seats on a 767 I wonder what that will do to the pitch?
Pitch...?can you say PINCH!!
Forget "Buy on Board"...you'll be eating your knees for hours...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Do you think they will handle this through pitch changes or the dreaded 2-4-2 in a 767?

I would assume they will keep some Comfort Plus seating in order to glean a little incremental revenue, so it is either squish the remaining seats laterally or longitudinally to create the extra capacity.

Here's hoping I never fly Rouge, I'm sure multiple parts of my body would end up that colour after a TATL flight.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur
Do you think they will handle this through pitch changes or the dreaded 2-4-2 in a 767?
Does any airline have a 2-4-2 config? I donīt think thatīs even possible, is it?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by airbus320

It is an acceptable English word, used to describe a shade of red, normally used in cosmetics. They needed a name that worked in both languages. I agree that it is not the best choice, though.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Does any airline have a 2-4-2 config? I donīt think thatīs even possible, is it?
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Thoma...ba30faee365738

And it is from Thomas Cook... So the leadership is quite familiar with it.

Last edited by Lights_a_blur; Dec 18, 2012 at 7:44 am Reason: Picture link didn't work

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.