Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Best lounge at YVR? MLL vs Plaza Premium?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best lounge at YVR? MLL vs Plaza Premium?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I tried both today and - with respect - this view is nonsense.
To begin with, the PPL closes at 22:00. The MLL at 23:45. Slam dunk, IMO, for those of use on the red eye.
The computers in the PPL are garbage. 4 in total, only 3 working, and none of the software has been updated. & no printer. (That's why I am logged on in the MLL, where they have 12 computers and two printers. Case closed.
The PPL has the NP for your reading pleasure. The MLL? The G&M, NP, Vancouver Sun. Oh, I forgot..........you can also read the WS in flight mag in the PPL. Need I say more?
The food looks similar (comes from the same place, after all).
Definitely more seating in the MLL.
No contest, IMO.
Where were you flying from Vancouver?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
To begin with, the PPL closes at 22:00. The MLL at 23:45. Slam dunk, IMO, for those of use on the red eye.
The computers in the PPL are garbage. 4 in total, only 3 working, and none of the software has been updated. & no printer. (That's why I am logged on in the MLL, where they have 12 computers and two printers. Case closed.
The PPL has the NP for your reading pleasure. The MLL? The G&M, NP, Vancouver Sun. Oh, I forgot..........you can also read the WS in flight mag in the PPL. Need I say more?
No contest, IMO.

While I agree with the hours.. I would say the food is definitely not the same at all.

And people.. still use newspapers in lounges? Or newspapers period?

Maybe it's just me but most of my reading is on my phone these days.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by keitherson

While I agree with the hours.. I would say the food is definitely not the same at all.

And people.. still use newspapers in lounges? Or newspapers period?

Maybe it's just me but most of my reading is on my phone these days.
Your confusion is one that is shared by me, on all fronts here.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Your confusion is one that is shared by me, on all fronts here.
I'm another confused one.

The PPL has much better food selection than the MLL.

Liquor is comparable

PPL is less crowded most of the time.

+1 on the cellphone reading.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
No contest, IMO.
Unless I'm flying AC and only have a few minutes (ie not enough time to detour to the PPL) I will use the PPL no matter who I am flying for the following reasons:
- never had a problem finding a seat, the MLL always seems to be crowded
- food offering is usually better in the PPL
- Other than the INTL PPL at YVR, I've never seen even a remotely crowded PPL

The MLL's have become so crowded that I don't really see the point in using them.
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by shore9
Unless I'm flying AC and only have a few minutes (ie not enough time to detour to the PPL) I will use the PPL no matter who I am flying for the following reasons:
- never had a problem finding a seat, the MLL always seems to be crowded
- food offering is usually better in the PPL
- Other than the INTL PPL at YVR, I've never seen even a remotely crowded PPL

The MLL's have become so crowded that I don't really see the point in using them.
Showers at the priority pass lounge are also much cleaner and easier to get access to (never a queue). Also nice private nap rooms in the back for an additional cost.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Reading material can be useful in a lounge, but I generally only care abroad when it may be local papers I'm not familiar with. I do enjoy the novelty of picking up a local newspaper in Hong Kong or Sydney, but if I want to read Canadian news I can do it on my phone.

Showers are also big, but I rarely need to shower at my home airport.

Lounge computers - rarely if ever use them.

At YVR, seating, power outlets, food and drink in that order are what I value, and both domestic and TB PPLs are way ahead in all of those. International I would say is a tie as it can get very crowded in PPL and it can be hard to find a seat with power since most of the power outlets are those terrible hotel lamps that don't actually work.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by eigenvector
At YVR, seating, power outlets, food and drink in that order are what I value, and both domestic and TB PPLs are way ahead in all of those. International I would say is a tie as it can get very crowded in PPL and it can be hard to find a seat with power since most of the power outlets are those terrible hotel lamps that don't actually work.
I find the PPL TB location to be dark, loud and generally too crowded for the small footprint. Last two times the tables were not cleaned regularly. Just adds to the blah experience in YVR TB for connecting passengers.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by canolakid
I find the PPL TB location to be dark, loud and generally too crowded for the small footprint. Last two times the tables were not cleaned regularly. Just adds to the blah experience in YVR TB for connecting passengers.
Agreed, it is a cramped lounge and the customs hall view leaves much to be desired (unless you delight in the misery of people arriving in the wave of Asian flights). MLL is bright and spacious, but with zilch for food I'd rather have a snack in the PPL.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Sorry to bump an old thread... currently with I would rate the best domestic lounge at YVR to be the Plaza Premium open air lounge. Keep in mind that I am posting this during the covid-19 pandemic.

This morning I was able to enjoy a hot breakfast, cappuccino, and a orange juice. All served for me.

The max occupancy is 25 people, and it is the only domestic lounge open in YVR (larger PPL is closed). The hours are 7am-3pm daily.

The MLL was closed so there was no comparison between the two in terms of service and amenities.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Sorry to bump an old thread... currently with I would rate the best domestic lounge at YVR to be the Plaza Premium open air lounge. Keep in mind that I am posting this during the covid-19 pandemic.

This morning I was able to enjoy a hot breakfast, cappuccino, and a orange juice. All served for me.

The max occupancy is 25 people, and it is the only domestic lounge open in YVR (larger PPL is closed). The hours are 7am-3pm daily.

The MLL was closed so there was no comparison between the two in terms of service and amenities.
Let's just hope I don't take the red-eye...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.