TATL E U/G plus $500

Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by rankourabu
And some people choose to pay $10 for a carton of eggs where the same eggs cost $5 around the corner. The world is full of illogical behaviour
I love people who spend $20.00 on a tank of gas to save 50 cents on a dozen eggs cause Loblaws have them on sale.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by SEMM
Some of us are choosing to fly AC.
Hi Calin, thanks for stopping by. Must be a slow day at the office today.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by kwflyer
Hi Calin, thanks for stopping by. Must be a slow day at the office today.
Yeah don't know what to do with myself after recounting my 7.8 million compensation package last week 5 times....(sigh)
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I would consider requesting a refund as they changed the terms/benefits of your original purchase.

Find a decent agent to have an honest and frank debate over their change and you may get to cancel the ticket and then not give them any money.
Unfortunately AC has not changed the conditions of carriage on the original ticket, only the terms of the Altitude program, which per their T&C say they are free to do so any time.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I would consider requesting a refund as they changed the terms/benefits of your original purchase.

Find a decent agent to have an honest and frank debate over their change and you may get to cancel the ticket and then not give them any money.
Before I get flamed, let me say that I am not supportive of the changes AC made.

That being said, AC did not change the terms and conditions of the ticket. The amended a frequent flyer benefit, but the ticket is the same. You can call AC and try to get a refund, but I honestly don't believe that one is due.

As for forking over the cash for the upgrade, it is totally based on your opinion of the dollar to value ratio. Yes, it might have been cheaper to book a Z fare with the sale on now, but my personal believe is that there is still good value to purchase a flex and pay the co-pay.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canopus27
You're not understanding how important it is for the egglines to make a profit; the market will clearly bear the price of $10 eggs - so that's what they will charge. There are some new options that are being introduced to enhance your eggjoyment, though.

First, Egg Canada have just introduced new, preferred cartons. For a slight surcharge, you can now choose which eggs you want to put in a slightly larger slot. Sadly that does compress the space available for the remaining eggs, but it is in alignment with the new High Density cartons that are coming out.

Secondly, Egg Canada have introduced a new Low Cost carrier, Reggs. It's low cost for them of course, not you ... so you still pay the enhanced $10/carton fee, but the new carrier is actually just a plastic bag, not an actual carton - think how much more convenient that is for you!

Finally, there is an exciting new "add on" option. If you want your eggs to be carefully handled and not actually broken in transit, then for the low cost of $500 per carton you'll get entered you into the new egg-loto ... and if you win, then you get to use the pod carton and you might actually get home with your eggs intact.

It's all very eggsciting.
Eggtastic ^
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Love it! Well done canopus27!
Absolutely! Well done! ^
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
And some people choose to pay $10 for a carton of eggs where the same eggs cost $5 around the corner. The world is full of illogical behaviour
I tried to get a $5 egg on my last United flight, but apparently they don't serve meals on 2.5 hour flights.

You might want to actually examine the differences before calling people illogical.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I tried to get a $5 egg on my last United flight, but apparently they don't serve meals on 2.5 hour flights.

You might want to actually examine the differences before calling people illogical.

who even mentioned UA here???

The point was brought up in earlier posts as a response to the OP, was that a confirmed Z seat on other airlines is cheaper than paying AC + playing the eupgrade lottery. Explain how the latter choice is not illogical?

You may wanna read the whole thread before immediately putting on your shining knight armour and start defending AC.

Not to mention, the OP bought a ticket with the purpose of upgrading before AC changed it on him, and is now asking for $1000 more, which was not the case at the time of purchase.

Last edited by rankourabu; Apr 15, 2014 at 11:36 am
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
You're not understanding how important it is for the egglines to make a profit; the market will clearly bear the price of $10 eggs - so that's what they will charge. There are some new options that are being introduced to enhance your eggjoyment, though.

First, Egg Canada have just introduced new, preferred cartons. For a slight surcharge, you can now choose which eggs you want to put in a slightly larger slot. Sadly that does compress the space available for the remaining eggs, but it is in alignment with the new High Density cartons that are coming out.

Secondly, Egg Canada have introduced a new Low Cost carrier, Reggs. It's low cost for them of course, not you ... so you still pay the enhanced $10/carton fee, but the new carrier is actually just a plastic bag, not an actual carton - think how much more convenient that is for you!

Finally, there is an exciting new "add on" option. If you want your eggs to be carefully handled and not actually broken in transit, then for the low cost of $500 per carton you'll get entered you into the new egg-loto ... and if you win, then you get to use the pod carton and you might actually get home with your eggs intact.

^^
Can't make omlettude without breaking a few eggs.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
A lot of people have been looking at other *A partners for flying TATL & TPAC and buying discount business fares. Which is often cheaper than AC Flex + co-pay, and also guarantees the J seat.
Find an example of this which does not also involve cream-skimming.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yvr76
Unfortunately AC has not changed the conditions of carriage on the original ticket, only the terms of the Altitude program, which per their T&C say they are free to do so any time.
Buying into their BS? Yes, they can say what they want.

However none of this has been tested in court. Surely one can make a case that this is them unilaterally changing the terms of a contract after they entered into it.

Repeat after me: a contract that's not a contract is not a contract. One party cannot unilaterally change the terms after they entered into the contract. Any clause to such an effect has to be void. Just BS meant to intimidate naive folks.

So, please don't help corporations that use fine print to scare folks by propagating and giving credence to the crap.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
The point was brought up in earlier posts as a response to the OP, was that a confirmed Z seat on other airlines is cheaper than paying AC + playing the eupgrade lottery.
People have their own reasons for choosing the latter. Doesn't make their behaviour illogical.

Not to mention, the OP bought a ticket with the purpose of upgrading before AC changed it on him, and is now asking for $1000 more, which was not the case at the time of purchase.
This IMO is exactly the real problem.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffsim
This IMO is exactly the real problem.
Exactly, but not a problem to some here, they are happy about defending AC no matter what
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS

^ Post of the week, and it's only Tuesday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.