Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

UA up fares to front cabin - how much Aeroplan miles earned?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA up fares to front cabin - how much Aeroplan miles earned?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Actually, it was a 757! And it was on Easter weekend (March 2013), to boot.

I was the only one in the UA club; well, the bar attendant, and the lounge custodian, notwithstanding.

Add-on comment: I had my MP number at time of booking; I had no status, but was offered the up-sell after the initial checkout. Paid up, and then during the succeeding weeks, changed the FF# back to AP.

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Done this a few times few times myself with the same result

Lie-flat!?? You got a very lucky sub. Done this countless times on 739/320 ... Just regular 38" domestic F. Assume you got a 767 sweep swap ... Very nice

Last edited by yqtyyz; Apr 17, 2014 at 7:19 pm Reason: Additional comment about MP and AP.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Actually, it was a 757! And it was on Easter weekend (March 2013), to boot.
I was the only one in the UA club; well, the bar attendant, and the lounge custodian, notwithstanding.
You got very lucky. I'm doing this next week and already dreading east-bound redeye ...... I'd estimate the chances of flat J on the return are about the same as a snowball fight breaking out on the Strip
I've been alone in the UA LAS Club as well ... Strange to walk into an airport club and see empty chairs ..... Downright eerie when you realize you're alone. No lining up for yogurt covered raisins and gross OJ ..... maybe that explains why it's so empty!?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I dread the westbound, though. The LAS party-goers from the NYC/NJ area can really whoop it up. Last time out (on a 739), one of the passengers 2 rows ahead sat down/leaned back with such force it scare the bajeesus out of the guy in front of me.

Add to that, they kept blocking the aisle, throwing food back and forth, but the FAs were not forceful enough when instructing them to not congregate.

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
You got very lucky. I'm doing this next week and already dreading east-bound redeye ...... I'd estimate the chances of flat J on the return are about the same as a snowball fight breaking out on the Strip
I've been alone in the UA LAS Club as well ... Strange to walk into an airport club and see empty chairs ..... Downright eerie when you realize you're alone. No lining up for yogurt covered raisins and gross OJ ..... maybe that explains why it's so empty!?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
My fare upgrade was at time of booking for $139 per person DEN-YYC
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
My fare upgrade was at time of booking for $139 per person DEN-YYC
Hmmm. i wonder if that was the main difference? time of booking vs check-in LMU. Both P class.
Time of booking: 150% P
Check-in LMU: Original fare code

I'll have to try it next time if there is a decent deal for a time of booking upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.