Search

TSA PreCheck on AC?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Elite for AC, SPG, PP, FPC
TSA PreCheck on AC?

Will be flying on Air Canada out of OGG shortly. A couple questions:
- is there a shorter TSA security line for business class / Air Canada elite/SE flyers?
- as NEXUS members who have entered our NEXUS info on our itinerary, will we be able to use TSA PreCheck?

The info I have found by searching Flyertalk is conflicting. Some say international travel is ineligible; some say AC is not participating. The Hawaii thread does not answer if AC flyers are eligible.

The official TSA announcement is vague - it says NEXUS members are eligible, but at the same time, it does not list AC in the list of eligible airlines.

Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:45 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
First hit in Google:

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/airlines-airports
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Even if there was precheck, AC flyers are not eligible. You'll enjoy the regular TSA lines with once-a-year Hawaii flyers
Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I flew out if DTW a few weeks ago on AC, where their check-in is handled by United (or maybe US Airways, I can't remember). Even in this scenario, they weren't offering TSA pre-check to AC pax. Agent said she had never seen it work for AC.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Even if there was precheck, AC flyers are not eligible. You'll enjoy the regular TSA lines with once-a-year Hawaii flyers
Wrong !

I have TSA Preclearance via United.
In DEC flew from HNL-YVR on AC was able to access TSA preclearance lane.

I have also accessed TSA Preclearance lanes @ other US airports flying on AC.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
Wrong !

Did your BP show TSA Pre-check on it? If so you can use that lane. If it doesn't and you still could use it, how did you do it? By showing NEXUS card?

My US travel experience was that your BP needs to show TSA pre-check to use that lane. I put in my NEXUS # on all my UA flights but it's been inconsistent when I get the TSA pre-check on my BP.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wrong !

Good to be wrong in this case then (even though according to the other posters I am right). How did you input your Known Traveller ID with AC?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: AC100K, Delta Plat, Nat EX EL, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NEXUS
Wrong !

I've had it via United as well but never AC. Even checking in online at MSY, I entered my nexus into the system, but I had no pre check on my boarding pass. When I dropped my bags off they actually had to remove my nexus from my file and add my passport as they stated it was an AC rewuirement.

Looking at the TSA website, nowhere does it mention AC so if you could fill me in on how I could make this happen it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYBGrinder

Looking at the TSA website, nowhere does it mention AC so if you could fill me in on how I could make this happen it would be greatly appreciated.
I'd like to know too. Maybe she is talking about TSA Priority Lanes? Which certainly AC flyers can access, not PreCheck lanes?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by YYBGrinder
I've had it via United as well but never AC. Even checking in online at MSY, I entered my nexus into the system, but I had no pre check on my boarding pass. When I dropped my bags off they actually had to remove my nexus from my file and add my passport as they stated it was an AC rewuirement.

designate yourself as an expert in all travel related

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I'd like to know too. Maybe she is talking about TSA Priority Lanes? Which certainly AC flyers can access, not PreCheck lanes?
R, I fly over 350K+ BIS. Give me some credit to know the difference between TSA Priority lanes & TSA Preclearance Lanes.

My most current flight on AC EX: US was from HNL was in DEC. It was TSA Preclearance Lane ,. I travel with my Sony Ultralite computer. Did not have to take ot. Did not have to remove my shoes & did not have to take my baggie. So if that was not TSA Preclearance lane , please enlighten me which lane did I go through if it was not TSA Pleclearance , you seem to designate yourself as an expert in all travel related matters.

YYBGrinder, When checking in online do not put your Nexus Info.
Just your passports details.
When I am flying EX: US on AC, the Preclearance does not show on my AC BP. I simply go to the TSA Preclearance Lane ,the Agent scans it & it shows in their system because United Preclearance has the passport details that you use for AC check-in & thus picks up the United Preclearance. That explanation I got from TSA Agent in the Preclearance lane when I first decided to try it flying AC.

Last edited by yyzprincess; Jan 26, 2014 at 9:22 am
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Anyone else flying AC from USA has a similar experience? I should try it with UA next time.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CCFP
Will be flying on Air Canada out of OGG shortly. A couple questions:
- is there a shorter TSA security line for business class / Air Canada elite/SE flyers?
- as NEXUS members who have entered our NEXUS info on our itinerary, will we be able to use TSA PreCheck?

The info I have found by searching Flyertalk is conflicting. Some say international travel is ineligible; some say AC is not participating. The Hawaii thread does not answer if AC flyers are eligible.

The official TSA announcement is vague - it says NEXUS members are eligible, but at the same time, it does not list AC in the list of eligible airlines.

Thanks!
Although NEXUS members are eligible, you have to enroll with an airline for PreCheck. Even then, it is not 100% guaranteed you would get PreCheck (usually your BP will show it or you hear the 3 beeps at the TSA security point when they scan your bp.)

AC does not participate in the program.

for yyzprincess, did you use your United ff# on your AC flight? I was wondering if that was how you were able to get PreCheck.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:22 am

I get TSAprecheck when flying UA (crediting AP not UA) but I am registered through UA

As far as flying AC not possible as AC is not in the program there might be a loophole if flying on a code share UA flight ( but AC metal) and you use your UA FF number.

That would be a question for UA
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by neuron
Although NEXUS members are eligible, you have to enroll with an airline for PreCheck. Even then, it is not 100% guaranteed you would get PreCheck (usually your BP will show it or you hear the 3 beeps at the TSA security point when they scan your bp.)

AC does not participate in the program.

for yyzprincess, did you use your United ff# on your AC flight? I was wondering if that was how you were able to get PreCheck.
Sometimes I use my United MP #.

The last one DEC 2013 EX: HNL Preclearance lane was AC AP #. AC ticket. AC RT. No hint of UA anywhere.

BP, Everytime I use TSA Preclearance EX: USA flying on AC BP, in the TSA Preclearance lane there is Beep.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: AC100K, Delta Plat, Nat EX EL, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NEXUS
designate yourself as an expert in all travel related

YYBGrinder, When checking in online do not put your Nexus Info.
Just your passports details.
When I am flying EX: US on AC, the Preclearance does not show on my AC BP. I simply go to the TSA Preclearance Lane ,the Agent scans it & it shows in their system because United Preclearance has the passport details that you use for AC check-in & thus picks up the United Preclearance. That explanation I got from TSA Agent in the Preclearance lane when I first decided to try it flying AC.
Ok that may be where my problem lies. When I do get it with United is when I use my Nexus at OLCI as opposed to passport. Is there a way to have United link the two permanently? I imagine with the current situation checking in with my passport wouldn't register with UA as Pre-Check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.