Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Guest Pass to Maple Leaf Lounge with reward redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Hey,

I received letters from TD regarding my CIBC Aeroplan Gold card transition. Although there was no reference to them in the enclosed letter, I also received a Guest Pass to the Maple Leaf Lounge that can be redeemed with an Aeroplan Flight Reward... Expires February 28, 2015. We've got three of them....

I was saving my Aeroplan miles for a long haul first or business class flight. Too bad I can't use it for a regular Air Canada ticket.

Last edited by NotJustDreaming; Feb 13, 2014 at 7:50 am
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
You want to give them away?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:56 pm

Are you referring to the infinite card? I only have the aerogold visa and received a letter from TD today. Basically just said business as usual for now. I did not receive any kind of pass.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:14 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I have a CIBC Aero Infinite, got the letter a few weeks ago that I was transitioning to TD. Got the TD letter today with the reward guest pass, which is consistent with their infinite offering.

If any one wants a (1) pass (good until 28/02/2015), PM me. EDIT:*** PASS HAS BEEN CLAIMED***

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Jan 14, 2014 at 7:43 am
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
We received a letter for my wife from CIBC. No mention the switch to TD so she'll remain with CIBC. She was recently approved in November.

The program changes were laid out and identical to TD so we'll be receiving the inclusions soon I'm sure.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Yeah I got the same package from CIBC. One free MLL pass for use with an Aeroplan Award ticket. I also get, with the CIBC Infinite card, priority check-in and boarding, and complimentary first checked bag on Aeroplan award flights (on AC, AC Express, and Rouge flights only).

The benefits are essentially useless to me because I only redeem for J awards which come with all the aforementioned perks anyway.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:45 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Yes, I actually find this transfer annoying since I cannot cancel with CIBC, even if I do, I will get the TD card and have to call them to cancel. Don't see anything compelling with their offering and have stopped collecting AE.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: *void
Just to add my data points...I have one CIBC Aerogold and one CIBC AeroInfinite. Got 2 letters today, one for each card. The Aerogold just came with a letter, but the AeroInfinite envelop included the MLL pass.

I'm not sure I'll ever use it either, with it only being practical for a redemption flight booked into Y and on AC metal.

FYI, each letter mentions which card it is at the top "IMPORTANT INFORMATION about your CIBC Aerogold credit card account ending in nnnn". This is how I know the MLL pass came in the package related to the AeroInfinite.

I was contemplating whether I should cancel the CIBC Aero cards before Dec 31st, but now due to my procrastination and failure to act, it turns out to be an advantage that I did nothing.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:06 pm

Just got the letter too for my Aerogold. No passes though. And I've actually got an upcoming reward booking. Oh well.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by splicer100
Are you referring to the infinite card? I only have the aerogold visa and received a letter from TD today. Basically just said business as usual for now. I did not receive any kind of pass.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I have just the Aerogold. I'll have to check my wallet.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by NotJustDreaming
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I have just the Aerogold. I'll have to check my wallet.
It's easy...the regular Aerogold is GOLD. The AeroInfinite is the BLACK card.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:37 am

I was actually able to use this pass last friday even though i was traveling on a normal paid flight. I think I snuck through the cracks since the extra benefits just came out.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by leafsfan33
I was actually able to use this pass last friday even though i was traveling on a normal paid flight. I think I snuck through the cracks since the extra benefits just came out.
Sorry if this question has been asked, but can you pay for guest(s) to come in when in possession of a guest pass? How bout kids? Are kids free when accompanied by a guest pass, or is there a charge.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Sorry if this question has been asked, but can you pay for guest(s) to come in when in possession of a guest pass? How bout kids? Are kids free when accompanied by a guest pass, or is there a charge.
I was travelling alone so i cant really answer your question. I think it said only children under 2 are free somewhere in the fine print, not sure though. I would imagine they would let you bring in a guest if you are paying for them though.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I have a the infinite card, got the letter, but no MLL pass

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.