Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Guest Pass to Maple Leaf Lounge with reward redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Guest Pass to Maple Leaf Lounge with reward redemption

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
off topic a little but me and the missus had AeroPlat cards. She also had a J award. The MLL attendant let us use my wife's Aeroplat to let my son in gratis.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I have a the infinite card, got the letter, but no MLL pass
Same with my wife's CIBC Infinite card.. Letter, but no MLL pass.

Perhaps they'll be sending the MLL pass at a later date?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Sorry if this question has been asked, but can you pay for guest(s) to come in when in possession of a guest pass? How bout kids? Are kids free when accompanied by a guest pass, or is there a charge.
Guest pass states that it is good for only one person for one visit and invitation of addditional guests is not permitted

Unlikely to be used
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC Elite,Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premier
Two letters here. They had different PS: content at the bottom of each. The one addressed to someone without status included a pass, the one addressed to someone with status did not. Since these can only be used on reward flights I think there is little chance of using it, but we'll see I suppose.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:32 pm

if anyone wants to unload one I would be happy to take it off there hands lol...
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CorSter
Just got the letter too for my Aerogold. No passes though. .
Same situation here.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by annehamnitz
Guest pass states that it is good for only one person for one visit and invitation of addditional guests is not permitted

Unlikely to be used
So I guess I can't really stretch my 8 guest passes. I'll receive 2 more from my wife's and my new Infinite Card.

Hopefully, I can sweet talk the attendants to stretch a few of these passes for my 4 and 8 year old sons.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:09 pm

Got 2 passes.

1 for Gold
1 for Infinite

Yeah, no guests in the fine print.

You could always do this:
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2014/0...eals-for-year/

We all know this trick, but to see someone take it to the extreme is pretty funny and sad.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:04 pm

I have two of these passes. I only fly J or F redemptions, so they're up for grabs.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:09 pm

No pass yet here either. So far, not very impressed with the switch over from CIBC to TD. I applied online for the Infinite with TD (same as I have with CIBC) and they have cut my limit by almost half. If they do this with our business card, there is going to be some big trouble.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 7:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by QueBall
Got 2 passes.

1 for Gold
1 for Infinite

Yeah, no guests in the fine print.

You could always do this:
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2014/0...eals-for-year/

We all know this trick, but to see someone take it to the extreme is pretty funny and sad.
LOL!

That's definitely working the system to the T. 300 times use of the lounge and getting a full refund on the J/F ticket is sweet.

My wife's CIBC card will remain at CIBC. Anyone receive the CIBC lounge pass yet, who has carried the card over?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:58 pm

The fiancee got the lounge pass (staying with CIBC) and I got the TD lounge pass a week later
Old Jan 31, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
So I guess I can't really stretch my 8 guest passes. I'll receive 2 more from my wife's and my new Infinite Card.

Hopefully, I can sweet talk the attendants to stretch a few of these passes for my 4 and 8 year old sons.
Carry the 4 yr old. Have your wife hold the hand of the 8yr old. It'll be difficult for them to say the 2 kids have to wait outside the lounge.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I have two CIBC cards - a personal Aerogold VISA infinite card, and a business Aerogold card. For both, I received a TD letter, about transitioning to a TD card. For both, I received (in the envelope with the letter talking about transitioning between CIBC to TD cards) this type of Guest Pass to MLL, if flying on an Aeroplan award. I do not understand why this MLL pass had to be restricted to an Aeroplan award.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: AC, CX Gold, SPG Gold
Got one from the TD letter. Up for grabs if anyone wants it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.