Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Cannot re-select E50Elite status for SE friend selection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Cannot re-select E50Elite status for SE friend selection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former AC SE, AC50KMM lifetime, IC Plat Ambassador, Fairmont Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Cannot re-select E50Elite status for SE friend selection

Trying to select E50K status for same friend as last year. Process does not allow this with a message that "member already has achieved this tier status". As this friend was selected for 2013, and certainly does have E50K status and I wish to select this same person again for 2014. Selection process continually gives same error message. This must be a bug in the system. Anyone else having the same problem? Or should I just call into the SE phone line and have it done manually? Thanks
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:41 pm

1. If you selected this friend last year (March 2013), s/he has E50K until February 28, 2014. You can't select E50K renewal now as s/he still is E50K until that date.
2. Benefits selection hasn't started yet. It'll be sometime next year. Early qualification is for those who move up status levels. You haven't qualified early because you can't go higher than SE. You've just requalified for SE.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by hydrogen
2. Benefits selection hasn't started yet. It'll be sometime next year. Early qualification is for those who move up status levels. You haven't qualified early because you can't go higher than SE. You've just requalified for SE.
Benefits selection is available as of today for those that made the first SE sweep.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Benefits selection is available as of today for those that made the first SE sweep.
Isn't the first sweep considered "early qualification"? As in, I get upgraded today and receive a package for 2013-2014 and pick benefits for the 2013-2014 year. Since OP is already SE for 2013-2013, there's no point picking benefits now. S/he did already back in March.

Come January/February/March 2014, I pick new benefits for the 2014-2015 year.

Isn't that how it works?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:50 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Early qualification was over in November. Officially October 15th. This now the sweep for 2014.

From my Altitude site "Don't be shy. Choose the Select Privileges that will take your travel experience to new heights. Be sure to make your selection by December 29. Please note that no changes will be permitted once Select Privileges have been chosen or awarded by default."
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Early qualification was over in November. Officially October 15th. This now the sweep for 2014.
Ah I see. Regardless, point 1 still stands, and OP's nominee already has E50K, so s/he can't really be re-nominated until s/he loses it come 02.28.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:55 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
For those who requalified for SE 2014, can choose their 2014 benefits now.

To the op, suggest calling SE line. I think it's an i.t. bug that they didnt think about when they offered 50k for a friend as an SE benefit....and as stated, choose your select benefits by dec. 29.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former AC SE, AC50KMM lifetime, IC Plat Ambassador, Fairmont Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Yes, I have re-qualified for SE and I am in the first sweep for selections as of very late today. I could check box to select Elite50K at later date, but with the delays in getting cards and tags last year, it would be nice to make an early selection. Delays in getting the Elite50K card created frustrating problems internationally with nonAC SA flights this year when agents at check-in would demand the card in order to recognize increased baggage allowances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.