Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:09 am

$100 Air Canada Rebate

Although some of us received the rebate reasonably quickly, it appears that TD is now taking the position to wait out the full 10 weeks before crediting the account.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Geoflying
My March 10th statement just appeared in my EasyWeb and my AP number is still showing as 0. This despite my having input it correctly in the application and having phoned twice to get this corrected and having been assured it was all fixed. What is with these people?
The latest reason (excuse) I was given is that the system between Aeroplan and TD which validates the Aeroplan numbers was not functioning. Not sure what that means.

I only give it a 50/50 chance of my Aeroplan number being something other than 0 come April 10.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
He had the same experience I had FWIW. They even asked me to go to a branch to confirm. I mean wth? (not directed to you, but to TD)

Maybe it's because it's Friday the 13th
IME, I had called about other things too, such as the billing cycle date, confirmation of the application source code, etc. So, it may be that I had already passed the security questions to verify my identity, thus they were able to read the Aero number back to me? Dunno.

SAP, you post so much, it's at the pace of half a dozen of you...no great surprise that they asked you to go in-branch to ID the REAL you. The ONE.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:32 am

Sigh..... can't believe TD is so incompetent

My 2nd statement came, still with #0 for Aeroplan #
but the bonus 10K after spending $1000 is there

so, where is my 25K miles going then, gee...... have to call TD today then
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Sigh..... can't believe TD is so incompetent

My 2nd statement came, still with #0 for Aeroplan #
but the bonus 10K after spending $1000 is there

so, where is my 25K miles going then, gee...... have to call TD today then
My statement shows the same for my aeroplan number. Contacted TD to see why my aeroplan number is not on the statement. I told the agent the aeroplan number was entered on my application and should be on my file. She insisted I call aeroplan to confirm my aeroplan number. After spending some time explaining to her I know my aeroplan number and calling aeroplan will not solve anything, she just did not get it. I asked her if I will get my bonus points, she stated yes. I asked her how will I get my points, she stated they will be transferred to my aeroplan account. I then asked what account number will it be transferred to and got "Sir, you will have to call aeroplan".
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by 1011TriStar
... I then asked what account number will it be transferred to and got "Sir, you will have to call aeroplan".
I think this demands either HUCA or bump to supervisor
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Geoflying
I think this demands either HUCA or bump to supervisor
I'd use the secured message function at the TD web site so that one would have an audit trail of enquiries.

Personally, I am just as fed up with TD. When one compares TD to CIBC, one would ask why those transactions entitled to 1.5 accrual are not highlighted to make reconciliation easier, why points are rounded down instead of up, statement cut off date changes frequently by a day or two, payments take 3~4 days to post, ...... sigh

I have cancelled my TD AVI when they told me to go ahead to apply for a CIBC AVI if I could get 15,000 points there for the same money and similar card features. They had no interest whatsoever to see why would make me interested to keep my TD card.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Clipper801
I'd use the secured message function at the TD web site so that one would have an audit trail of enquiries.

Thank you for that suggestion - I had not realised that facility existed. I have now done as you suggest
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
I recently switched my TD Inf. to a basic gold card. When talking to the agent he saw that I had a supp. card to my wife's Inf. Privilege card. Would this count as preexisting account if I tried to apply for a new TD Inf. card?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:51 am

Hmm, didn't know about Secure message in EasyWeb (found under LEFT sidebar, Communications >> Send Messages)

I've sent one now, although I have low hopes, seeing how TD CC system sucks overall

Hi
I applied the TD Aeroplan Infinite card on Jan 23, spent the $1000+ in the first 3 months, got my 1st statement (2/17) AND 2nd statement (3/17) already but they both listed Aeroplan # as 0, instead of my correct # XXX XXX XXX

As such, I have yet to see my Welcome/Earned Aeroplan miles in my account
Statement 1: 16,563 miles
Statement 2: 10,406 miles (total of 26969 miles)

Can you please verify my Aeroplan # is on my card? and let me know when my miles will get transferred?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: FT
Supposed application issue fix by April 9th,

http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2015/03...h-sale-td.html
this was very helpful and allowed the agent to do it manually. thanks.

did not get the cash back but my wife did. i burned a whole bunch of BA miles before the devaluation and need to churn some cards to build the balance back up.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Hmm, didn't know about Secure message in EasyWeb (found under LEFT sidebar, Communications >> Send Messages)

I've sent one now, although I have low hopes, seeing how TD CC system sucks overall
Always got the results (i.e. $ ) I wanted with secure message. It's actually better than going to the branch and complain. But it depends on your relationship with the bank I suppose.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by tryinginvain
I had the "save my application" option yesterday but I wanted it to go through without glitches so I aborted every time. This time I saved it and got an email right away: (most relevant paragraph)

"Your TD Canada Trust application has been saved. We apologize for not being able to complete your application at this time. Our systems are currently not available. We will notify you via email as soon as the system is available for you to return and complete your application."

I'll check the site later/tomorrow and see what happens. I really don't want to call unless I have to. I'll update when I get results. I don't think there should be a problem, unless they don't like that I had this card last year - but I cancelled in late Nov.

Thanks again!
My application stayed "pending" for 4 days. I then tried the online chat....all they could do was tell me to call. When I called that agent couldn't see my application at all - even though I could still see it. I had to start over with a new application over the phone making sure the correct code was attached to the file. At the end she told me it would go to whatever dept reviews the applications. That kind of annoyed me since I was expecting an answer immediately. That was yesterday and today the new account shows online so it was approved. I also made sure to give her my aeroplan number so hopefully that doesn't get screwed up as well. I also hope this gets reported back to GCR correctly, though I have my doubts. Glad it's done - at least for now!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:13 pm

Got a reply already, still have to call though, sigh...

I have reviewed your account and can confirm that your Aeroplan membership number is not attached to your Aeroplan Visa account.

Please give us a call at 1-800-983-8472, 7am to 12am ET and a representative will be happy to assist you with having it linked. Please have your Aeroplan membership number with you when you call.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:32 pm

Got a reply already, still have to call though, sigh...
This is pathetic customer service!

The agent should forward the request to TD Visa to have the Aeroplan no. added with instructions on how you can follow up if necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.