Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Also, Chase certainly does paperless statements. I get one every month.
In Canada they don't. Alerts yes, online statement details yes but only paper form for the actual statement. Unless I don't know how to get it listed or/and get it printed.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I don't know what "second phantom debit card" you're talking about. I have one. It works everywhere.
I think he's referring to the TD Access Card. It seems redundant to me as well.

I don't have any bank accounts with CIBC, but I have a CIBC Visa, and I log into online banking using my CIBC Visa number. With TD, I also don't have any bank accounts, but still need that additional card to access online services for the Visa. So you have to carry the 2nd card (or the number) to access online services, whereas with other banks you only need your one card. If you have bank accounts with TD, then I guess it's not redundant, since it would also serve as your debit card attached to your bank accounts.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH

I don't have any bank accounts with CIBC, but I have a CIBC Visa, and I log into online banking using my CIBC Visa number. With TD, I also don't have any bank accounts, but still need that additional card to access online services for the Visa. So you have to carry the 2nd card (or the number) to access online services, whereas with other banks you only need your one card. If you have bank accounts with TD, then I guess it's not redundant, since it would also serve as your debit card attached to your bank accounts.
Yes, that is exactly how it works.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:42 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
I don't know what "second phantom debit card" you're talking about. I have one. It works everywhere.

Also, Chase certainly does paperless statements. I get one every month.
if you are a non td bank client and you get a td visa as a brand new td client: you are initially issued the said td visa. then if you want to use easy web you're issued some sort of debit card from td, i forget what the branding people in td call it. the numbers on this debit card are then used to enroll and log you into easy web. like a normal millennial whose used to dealing with banks in the 21st century when i received this card i shredded it.

it created a very inconvenient situation very unnecessarily, and it's a process that's also a security vulnerability. yet when i try doing any purchase abroad my card is denied in the name of security. apparently you have to call ahead to tell them you're going somewhere, and i'm somewhere 90% of the year. meanwhile my dinky southern alberta credit union allows me to do withdrawals anywhere in the world without drama, recently at some credit union in nevada with no fees on both ends.

td sucks.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by joeags
It ended up being the fourth statement for me, even though 90 days passed before the third statement. I didn't make $500 spend (it wasn't required with the promo I used).
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
How do you get 90 days before the 3rd statement? Are your cycles bimonthly?
Oops!! I received on the FIFTH statement, although 90 days passed before the FOURTH statement. My bad, sorry about that.

I registered March 10th, March 16th was my first statement. April, May, June nothing, then July I received the points.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by cur

it created a very inconvenient situation very unnecessarily, and it's a process that's also a security vulnerability. yet when i try doing any purchase abroad my card is denied in the name of security. apparently you have to call ahead to tell them you're going somewhere,...

td sucks.
Never called any bank (including TD) before my trips and my cards were never declined due to travel, even some cards I used once every few years and only when I travel.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by beep88
Never called any bank (including TD) before my trips and my cards were never declined due to travel, even some cards I used once every few years and only when I travel.
Haven't done that in years, but with my PC Mastercard, I was advised to fill in the on-line form to tell them I was about to travel! But I consider them a fake bank.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by CanadaDH

I'm glad that I'm not the only person who thinks this extra access card is ridiculous. You would think that one of the largest banks in Canada, and probably one of the largest in the world, could figure out how customers could use their actual CC # for on-line banking!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC 25K
How I love TD.

I'm churning my TD AE Infinite Privilege card and cancelled it two days ago.
I looked around for a regular AE Infinite FYF card with bonus...
and all I could find was greedyrates.ca with FYF and 15000+5000 miles after 90 days active. (Offer valid until September 2, 2016)

I applied through greedyrates.ca for the regular AE Infinite card, (for 1/2 my previous credit limit) and the screen froze (nothing new, huh?)
I tried again and got the "we're reviewing your application and will get back to you" screen. They called me the next day and confirmed everything that I had put in my application.... and they'd get back to me.

email: DECLINED.

I called TD to ask why?... and they stated, no, I had been Approved!
We went over all of the exact same application information again... and the card is being sent to my nearest TD bank for pick-up in 7-10 days.
That's new to me... I've always had them mailed before. *shrug*

TD's confusion, confuses me.

Last edited by bual; Jul 29, 2016 at 5:51 pm
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Low Roller
I'm glad that I'm not the only person who thinks this extra access card is ridiculous. You would think that one of the largest banks in Canada, and probably one of the largest in the world, could figure out how customers could use their actual CC # for on-line banking!
Totally agree. I wasn't a TD customer when I applied for the TD Aeroplan VISA. I had to go in person to a TD branch to obtain my 'access card" number and temporary password. I didn't get one in the mail. I didn't have any problem setting up the TD Aeroplan for online access. However, when it came to do this for my husband's card a few months later, I went to the TD branch TWICE but couldn't set up his online account successfully because the account information they gave me didn't work. I gave up and decided to just depend on the paper statements.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:45 am

Anyone have any recent data points regarding their experience using this card (in combination with an Aeroplan award) for getting first bag free and MLL access? Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by prmetime
Anyone have any recent data points regarding their experience using this card (in combination with an Aeroplan award) for getting first bag free and MLL access? Thanks.
I used it in March to gain MLL access in YYZ. Mine was free with the TD Aeroplan Visa card and I paid $35 to bring my spouse in with me. I'm not sure I would have bothered except that our connecting flight was delayed for several hours, so it was well worth it. It took quite a while to process but that was apparently because my boarding pass had the wrong code on it for an Aeroplan reward, but they managed to sort it all out and we had a relaxing stay.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Low Roller
I used it in March to gain MLL access in YYZ. Mine was free with the TD Aeroplan Visa card and I paid $35 to bring my spouse in with me. I'm not sure I would have bothered except that our connecting flight was delayed for several hours, so it was well worth it. It took quite a while to process but that was apparently because my boarding pass had the wrong code on it for an Aeroplan reward, but they managed to sort it all out and we had a relaxing stay.
Thanks! Unfortunately I booked both Mr prmetime and my flights using my AP points. He has the CIBC Aerogold Biz and then we both could have utilized these benefits!
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:33 am

I generally book J tickets forgoing these benefits with CCs, and also try to travel with carry-on only.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I generally book J tickets forgoing these benefits with CCs, and also try to travel with carry-on only.
I do as well, but for a four hour flight during the day we're fine in Y. You've inspired me with the carry-on only though. I done carry-on only with shorter trips or when in one location. This will be our first multi-city 2 week trip. Looking forward to the freedom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.