Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: AP, SPG Gold, CX Gold
I think that TD will offer a perpetual waiver to those customers with a Select Service account. They already offer this for existing customers who carry one of their 'premium' travel/rewards cards that carry the typical $120 fee.

If they were to offer a card to compete with the American Express Aeroplan Plat, like a Visa Signature or Visa Black with a $499ish AF and 50-60k APs I can see a lot of people ditching their AeroPlats and CIBC AeroGolds.

The front line infantry at the bank know nothing of what will come from the Aimia deal, every time I ask they try and get me to switch to a First Class Infinite Visa. I guess we will all have to wait until Jan 1 when they will announce something... Hopefully.

FWIW TD hasn't really done much with MBNA since acquiring them.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by seanman571
I think that TD will offer a perpetual waiver to those customers with a Select Service account. They already offer this for existing customers who carry one of their 'premium' travel/rewards cards that carry the typical $120 fee.

If they were to offer a card to compete with the American Express Aeroplan Plat, like a Visa Signature or Visa Black with a $499ish AF and 50-60k APs I can see a lot of people ditching their AeroPlats and CIBC AeroGolds.

The front line infantry at the bank know nothing of what will come from the Aimia deal, every time I ask they try and get me to switch to a First Class Infinite Visa. I guess we will all have to wait until Jan 1 when they will announce something... Hopefully.

FWIW TD hasn't really done much with MBNA since acquiring them.

I don't think the Aeroplan cards will be offered as part of Select Service. When they had the AA card they specifically excluded it from the list. TD needs to make back thier money, so I don't see them allowing a permanent fee-waiver for Aeroplan cards.

Furthermore, I suspect the fee will be $150 or higher, to bring them up to the same fee as the BMO card and the Amex Gold Rewards. They'll call it a "Visa Infinte Plus" or a "Visa Infinite Elite" or some other such nonsense to justify it.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by tryinginvain
Can the B or M points be transferred to aeroplan? If not, are they enough to redeem for something decent or do you have to commit to spending on the card to get some value out of it?
No, not convertible. But it's an essentially free $300 travel credit.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Vasco
I don't think the Aeroplan cards will be offered as part of Select Service. When they had the AA card they specifically excluded it from the list. TD needs to make back thier money, so I don't see them allowing a permanent fee-waiver for Aeroplan cards.

Furthermore, I suspect the fee will be $150 or higher, to bring them up to the same fee as the BMO card and the Amex Gold Rewards. They'll call it a "Visa Infinte Plus" or a "Visa Infinite Elite" or some other such nonsense to justify it.
So $120 is okay, but $150 isn't?

That would make the difference between me getting the card, and me not getting it.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

I closed my CIBC card as it was coming up for renewal and I wasn't willing to pay $120 for an unknown card being released on Jan 1 without any details available. If TD has a good offer, I'll take them up on it.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: aeroplan, delta, aa
TD Aeroplan cards?

Any word on when TD will be offering a promo on aeroplan credit cards? I need an infusion of points!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
January 2014, just like it says on both their homepage and every press release since the announcement was made...

The first hit on Google from "TD Visa Aeroplan":
http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/product...nouncement.jsp

What does this mean right now for TD customers?

It’s business as usual for TD – while we will have a suite of co-branded Aeroplan credit cards to offer our customers beginning in January 2014 to complement our strong line-up of existing cards, we don’t have any Aeroplan products to offer customers at this time.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Everybody is curious about how good the TD offers will be for their new Aeroplan credit cards. From their credit card offering history, it seems TD rarely waive annual fees for the public. In the past, they only waived fees for their premium checking account customers. Hope they try to compete against Amex this time with fee-waive offers.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:19 am

TD can't legally say ANYTHING until their agreement with Aeroplan is active; we all must wait until January.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Nobody knows, yo!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
I'm hoping they'll have a no fee deal AND a premium card (with higher bonuses) that will have the fee waived for select service account holders. But that might just be wishful thinking!

I cancelled my travel infinite visa a while ago so I could possibly qualify for a better deal on an aeroplan card.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Wish there was a bit of leak.. Would like to analyze the new products up and down for a month, before the cards hit the shelf.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:12 am

The image of the new TD card is up, they have also have noted Priority Check-in, Boarding and MLL Access on Aeroplan flight awards.
Starting January 16, 2014, Air Canada benefits are only applicable to the primary cardholder when travelling on Aeroplan ClassicFlight or Market Fare flight rewards booked from the primary cardholder’s Aeroplan account, and operated by Air Canada, Air Canada ExpressTM or Air Canada rougeTM. Other restrictions apply. Full terms and conditions will be available on January 1st 2014.
No mention of annual fees.

Last edited by seanman571; Dec 5, 2013 at 8:16 am Reason: added info
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:22 am

Found some info, not really much of a leak, but something:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21907906-post21.html
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I like that the priority benefits are ONLY when on a points ticket. That makes perfect sense!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.