Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan, KLM Flying Blue, Lifemiles
Called today to see when the FYF free ends for my card and to ask whether they could extend it. Was declined and when I requested cancellation transferred to the credit department and asked why I wanted to cancel. After I explained that they wanted to charge me even though its offered for free this was the answer: "our website does not offer it for free. Maybe other websites for bargain hunters but not us" Thought that was a fairly cynical answer. When she started calling me silly for wanting to cancel for such a reason I was done. She did offer me 10000 Aeroplan points, however, more so than anything that is "silly" on TD's part! Good bye TD! Maybe I'll just reapply through GCR!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by jerryhung

- BUT......... the big kicker, there is NO 25K offer right now, it expired in Dec

Clearly they are talking nonsense to you. Here is the second email I received from TD after applying earlier this week through GCR for the card (it was actually sent twice - TD IT at its best!!). Evidently one just has to use the card once for the "Welcome Bonus Miles" to be credited. (I also received confirmation from GCR that the $50 rebate will be posted to my PayPal account after 45 days)

Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: SPG, Nexus, Aeroplan, AMEX MR, BA Avios
Originally Posted by pych
Called today to see when the FYF free ends for my card and to ask whether they could extend it. Was declined and when I requested cancellation transferred to the credit department and asked why I wanted to cancel. After I explained that they wanted to charge me even though its offered for free this was the answer: "our website does not offer it for free. Maybe other websites for bargain hunters but not us" Thought that was a fairly cynical answer. When she started calling me silly for wanting to cancel for such a reason I was done. She did offer me 10000 Aeroplan points, however, more so than anything that is "silly" on TD's part! Good bye TD! Maybe I'll just reapply through GCR!
My SO also called to cancel her TD AP Infinite today. They offered her 10k AP to retain her card for another year as well. Declined. She noticed the annual fee being posted and proceeded to cancel and got her refund pro-rated.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:06 pm

After call #3 to TD finally I got myself a TD Aeroplan Infinite card and 15K + 10K after $1000 spending, FYF. I had to move my existing limit to this new card

I did ask TD to put in the source code NTRSD (from GCR), with tracking ID XXXXXX, let's hope it works for GCR's $50 cashback
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: *void
Jerry, congrats on your persistent efforts to turn your initial *DECLINE* into a new APPROVED TD Aero Visa card! ^

On my front, I still haven't got the $70 after applying for this card via RFD's affliated cashback program (squeezed it in on the expiration day of the last promo, Dec 19th)!

Would appreciate to hear from anyone else who signed up via RFD during mid-Dec, as to whether or not you have seen the $70 cashback at your RFD account.

On a positive note, TD came through with the $120 AF rebate, and just tonight, with a 22nd closing date, I saw the online Visa statement finally posting at TD EasyWeb at around 10pm, and within it's showing the 15K + 10K after $1,000 spending.

Over at Aeroplan.com, I see that the points from TD posted during this evening's sweep. And now I can share one more datapoint, confirming that for 2015, the 15K welcome points are NOT Distinction eligible, but the 10,000 bonus points are.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Anyone know when the lounge pass is sent for the upcoming year given the current passes expire Feb 28? I trust soon thereafter as it is hard enough to use these as is - it's not like people are travelling on awards on a weekly basis!
I suspect that the 2015 MLL pass will come with the Feb. or Mar. statement.

The MLL pass does not have a start date, just an expiry date. I suspect cheapo TD does not want those with renewal coming up in January and February (as the card was launch last January) not to get it if they decide not to get the pass either to try to use it themselves or gift it!

I just received the new cardholder agreement a few days ago. TD could have enclosed the MLL pass with it.

Originally Posted by JJonahJ

On my front, I still haven't got the $70 after applying for this card via RFD's affliated cashback program (squeezed it in on the expiration day of the last promo, Dec 19th)!

Would appreciate to hear from anyone else who signed up via RFD during mid-Dec, as to whether or not you have seen the $70 cashback at your RFD account.

On a positive note, TD came through with the $120 AF rebate, and just tonight, with a 22nd closing date, I saw the online Visa statement finally posting at TD EasyWeb at around 10pm, and within it's showing the 15K + 10K after $1,000 spending.

Over at Aeroplan.com, I see that the points from TD posted during this evening's sweep. And now I can share one more datapoint, confirming that for 2015, the 15K welcome points are NOT Distinction eligible, but the 10,000 bonus points are.
Same here. Applied and approved Dec. 12. Rebate still not showing up in my RFD account but the $120 AF was refunded in the 2nd statement.

Were your 15,000 + 10,000 bonus points Distinction eligible?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Clipper801
I suspect that the 2015 MLL pass will come with the Feb. or Mar. statement.

The MLL pass does not have a start date, just an expiry date. I suspect cheapo TD does not want those with renewal coming up in January and February (as the card was launch last January) not to get it if they decide not to get the pass either to try to use it themselves or gift it!

I just received the new cardholder agreement a few days ago. TD could have enclosed the MLL pass with it.

Same here. Applied and approved Dec. 12. Rebate still not showing up in my RFD account but the $120 AF was refunded in the 2nd statement.

Were your 15,000 + 10,000 bonus points Distinction eligible?
Our new cards arrived in Nov and Dec, and in the welcome page we saw the soon-expiring Feb 28th, 2015 Aero-MLL passes. My understanding is that they will send out new passes with 2016 expiry soon, probably closer to the end of Jan, or beginning of Feb. Someone posted about this earlier.

In your RFD cashback account, do you see a "Pending" amount for the $70? I don't even see that, though I see my click-through Tracking ID, dated Dec 19th, when I applied online.

During my application, I ensured I didn't have any ad-blockers ON in my browser, and I had no hiccups or issues with my application, went all the way through until it said to Save Application, and to wait for a decision. Knowing that they don't send emails, I opened the Saved Application about 6 hours later and saw that I was approved, and I completed the 3 T&C agreement-clicks, and it was 'finalized' by noon of Dec 19th. So, it obviously went through fine, since I've got the $0 FYF and 15K + 10K points posted to Aeroplan already.

Clipper, wipe away those morning cobwebs! I already did mention in my post (that you quoted), that ONLY the 10,000 bonus points were Distinction eligible, but NOT the 15,000 standard welcome/signup points.

So, same experience as you had reported earlier. Verifying that the 15,000 welcome points, posting after Dec 2014, are NOT d-Eligible. Our 15,000 welcome points which posted in Nov/Dec WERE dPoints.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: SPG, Nexus, Aeroplan, AMEX MR, BA Avios
Originally Posted by jerryhung
After call #3 to TD finally I got myself a TD Aeroplan Infinite card and 15K + 10K after $1000 spending, FYF. I had to move my existing limit to this new card

I did ask TD to put in the source code NTRSD (from GCR), with tracking ID XXXXXX, let's hope it works for GCR's $50 cashback
I also called in today and mentioned the GCR promo. He recognized that the offer I mentioned for 25k (15k welcome + 10k after 1k spend) was valid, but the FYF portion is for targetted customers only.

I did a product transfer from my existing non-AP credit card, but I closed my old TD AP infinite in Dec 2014. He didn't seem to be able to see my cancelled card information and say I am not eligible or anything. I even asked about "opened the account in 6 months" legal and he said yeah, its from date of open, not from date of close.

I mentioned source code NTRSD, he inputted it, and said I should bring a copy of the TD website promo page I was directed to into the branch so they can put a notation to ensure I receive the FYF and promo, when I receive the card in the mail.

He never mentioned anything about different channels for different promotions like it was mentioned in earlier posts, however I don't think i'll pay the annual fee either way. (Either cancel and get refund on AF, or escalate and quote agent)
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by jwongathon
I mentioned source code NTRSD, he inputted it, and said I should bring a copy of the TD website promo page I was directed to into the branch so they can put a notation to ensure I receive the FYF and promo, when I receive the card in the mail.
lel, good luck with the branch
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
No retention offer. Closed my card today.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by jwongathon
I also called in today and mentioned the GCR promo. He recognized that the offer I mentioned for 25k (15k welcome + 10k after 1k spend) was valid, but the FYF portion is for targetted customers only.

I did a product transfer from my existing non-AP credit card, but I closed my old TD AP infinite in Dec 2014. He didn't seem to be able to see my cancelled card information and say I am not eligible or anything. I even asked about "opened the account in 6 months" legal and he said yeah, its from date of open, not from date of close.

He never mentioned anything about different channels for different promotions like it was mentioned in earlier posts, however I don't think i'll pay the annual fee either way. (Either cancel and get refund on AF, or escalate and quote agent)
Not sure why TD's Credit Card application has always been tricky from the get-go in Jan 2014, especially when it involves cashback via RFD/GCR, one simply cannot "complete" the application easily vs. other CC issuers

I'll make sure I get FYF also and 25K points
Thank god TD's other accounts/systems (Banking/TDW) aren't this messy
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
No retention offer. Closed my card today.
Be more specific, which card the old one or one of the 2 you applied at the same time a month ago or so? And did did you get all the goodies on these new cards?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: Horrorplan/Priceline Junkie
For the record, I applied via the RFD link on December 19th. The cash back situation is still pending... On January 22nd, I had received my first TD Visa bill. I paid the $120 fee, but it was credited/waived on my statement right away. The Aeroplan bonus points (15,000 and 10,000) have already been posted to my account, however only the 10,000 segment is counting towards Distinction.

I wish I could hug you all.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Be more specific, which card the old one or one of the 2 you applied at the same time a month ago or so? And did did you get all the goodies on these new cards?
Had two cards.

Cancelled one card a few days after I got it (got my annual fee waived due to the TD glitch - a manager did this).

Second card...the $120 refund posted on the second statement. Once that did, closed that card.

HTH
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Oscar Goldman
For the record, I applied via the RFD link on December 19th. The cash back situation is still pending... On January 22nd, I had received my first TD Visa bill. I paid the $120 fee, but it was credited/waived on my statement right away. The Aeroplan bonus points (15,000 and 10,000) have already been posted to my account, however only the 10,000 segment is counting towards Distinction.

I wish I could hug you all.
Thanks for your info. Your datapoints mirror mine almost exactly. Only thing I'm missing is the "Pending" RFD cashback.

Save your hugs for the Angels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.