Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

50k vs 75k - is it worth a mileage run?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50k vs 75k - is it worth a mileage run?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Symmetre
I would never pay for a MR to achieve 75k, but as others have noted 2,000 miles isn't much. Just re-route your remaining flights over the course of the year to include extra segments and you can likely get the 2,000 miles for free.
It's achow who has re-opened this thread and s/he needs 15k. I wouldn't do a MR just to get 75k status. IMO, as many others have pointed out, SE is the only status worth making a major effort to get.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC E50K,Delta Gold,Fairmont Plat,HHonor Diamond, PriorityClub Platinum,SPG Gold
Thank you TaxDude for clarifying. doing MR to reach 100K requires too much $$ and time and I guess I will be happy to stay at E50K for now
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
Let me add my voiced to the majority here. Not worth it. IMHO,staying with AC is useless unless you are SE and that is the way they want it.
*G still has many benefits but there are much cheaper ways to achieve lifetime gold or as close to is as you can get with A3 or achieve gold at reduced rates with other * programs.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by lesliep
I'll be about 2000 miles short of Altitude 75k this year - have been 50k for a few years, and I'm wondering if it is 'worth' trying to push it to achieve 75k?

I've never been able to use my upgrades (always fully booked), and I don't see much difference otherwise.

Any thoughts?
If I were in your shoes, I would do the MR no question. Period.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
If I were in your shoes, I would do the MR no question. Period.
You have replied to a 13 Oct post. More recent question was on page 4
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
as alluded to here, if you are on routes that at heavy frequent travlers and you are missing upgrades, 75 over 50 will help you quite a bit (YYZ - YVR comes to mind for me).

However, that's really the only thing worth it (in my mind) between 50 and 75.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by vernonc
You have replied to a 13 Oct post. More recent question was on page 4
My comment still applies.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
as alluded to here, if you are on routes that at heavy frequent travlers and you are missing upgrades, 75 over 50 will help you quite a bit (YYZ - YVR comes to mind for me).

So it doesn't help much say, YYZ-FRA?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever

agreed for those who can only afford to fly in J by playing aerolotto and paying with eUpgrade credits instead of real $$.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.