CIBC Aventura VISA Promo - 30K Sign-Up Bonus

Subscribe
Just rec'd this email.. and still no mentioned with the discontinuing Aventura to Aeroplan with the new program.

Quote:
DEAR ALC,

We've listened to your feedback on what you want in a travel rewards card, and have further enhanced your CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card to bring you even more! There is nothing you need to do.

Enjoy enhanced Insurance Coverage with your card right now.
Your card now features Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance and added protection on your purchases with Purchase Security and Extended Protection Insurance.1 Also, we've enhanced the Out-of-Province Emergency Travel Medical Insurance to now cover the first 3 days of a trip if the traveller is 65 or older.

Easier Flight Redemptions.
Continue to use your card and collect Aventura Points as usual and you will be able to enjoy new flight redemption values on your card starting January 1, 2014. Fly for as low as 10,000 Aventura Points, and to destinations across North America starting at 25,000 Aventura Points. Check out the new Aventura Airline Rewards Chart below! Plus, watch for our new and improved website for redemption of your Aventura Points towards a wide selection of flights, hotels, vacation packages, merchandise, gift cards, and lifestyle rewards.

A reminder of our Amazing Aventura Advantages.
Don't forget, you continue to get these great benefits with your card:
Fly any airline with no blackout periods or restrictions and enjoy points that don't expire
Redeem with Aventura Points for full airfare, including taxes and fees
Earn Double Aventura Points on travel purchased through the CIBC Rewards Centre
NO booking fees when you book through the CIBC Rewards Centre and online
And much more...

Aventura Terms and Conditions.
We are updating the Aventura Program Terms and Conditions as of January 1, 2014 to reflect the updated rewards program and to make other changes, including how we will notify you of future changes to Aventura Rewards. To view the complete Terms and Conditions, please visit cibcaventura.com.

We hope you make the most of your travel rewards by taking advantage of the enhancements that are automatically being made to your card. Call us at 1 855 813-9803 with any questions you may have or to learn more.

Sincerely,

Steve Tyers
Vice President, Card Product Management
CIBC Retail Markets
Seeing more full page ads in newspaper for the old av card. Just because they spend more money for more ads, doesn't make this card any more attractive, especially when there are so many other fee-waivers and bonuses with other cards.
Agree.. the redemption thresholds don't look very attractive. For example Europe in economy.. median points is 60,000 @ $1,300, only just north of 2.1 cents per point possible.

After December 31st, 2013, no conversion to AE points possible, which makes it even less attractive.
add a fee of $120.
Quote: Agree.. the redemption thresholds don't look very attractive. For example Europe in economy.. median points is 60,000 @ $1,300, only just north of 2.1 cents per point possible.

After December 31st, 2013, no conversion to AE points possible, which makes it even less attractive.
AE points aren't worth 2.1 CPM.
800/35000 is 2.3 CPM which may be useful for longer/more expensive transcons.
Quote: Seeing more full page ads in newspaper for the old av card. Just because they spend more money for more ads, doesn't make this card any more attractive, especially when there are so many other fee-waivers and bonuses with other cards.
And on FT when using my Canadian VPN on a computer without adblocker (my personal computer and my rooted mobile both have it.)
Quote: AE points aren't worth 2.1 CPM.
Depends on what the points are used for; J trips are expensive and if one chooses routes with minimal fuel fees, even economy would be more than that.
Quote: AE points aren't worth 2.1 CPM.
The potential value is what I'm addressing. Conversion to AE points allows for Business and First bookings, whose potential value could be 5 cents per point and up. Granted, AE bookings can be as low as 1 cent per point depending on the market value of the flight booked.

I'm just saying the top end value of Aventura Points based on the $1,300 fare, and 60,000 median redemption are 2.1 cents. The probable redemption value is lower than 2.1 cents.
Quote: add a fee of $120.
If they waive the fee for first year, people will sign up for sure.
Quote: If they waive the fee for first year, people will sign up for sure.
people will sign up anyways, people are people spenders...
normal people will probably be reeled in hook line and sinker. too bad.
Quote: normal people will probably be reeled in hook line and sinker. too bad.
I guess its CIBC's version of the popular RBC Avion. Maybe the flexibility of booking anytime appeals.

When I had the Avion, I actually got a pretty nice trash can through points. It was cylindrical shaped oval Umbra. Pretty nice.^
Quote: I guess its CIBC's version of the popular RBC Avion. Maybe the flexibility of booking anytime appeals.

When I had the Avion, I actually got a pretty nice trash can through points. It was cylindrical shaped oval Umbra. Pretty nice.^
You should have transferred to ba... since you keep on saying how you haev cx gold!
Quote: When I had the Avion, I actually got a pretty nice trash can through points. It was cylindrical shaped oval Umbra. Pretty nice.^
So is this trash can better than the trash can through the aeropeso redemption?
Quote: So is this trash can better than the trash can through the aeropeso redemption?
The whole point about the trash can, was basically what Avion was good for based on my needs for travel 17 years ago.. About equal to the trash thrown into the can. But, in fairness since, I've heard good things about the Avion and sounds there are benefits worthwhile.

Quote: You should have transferred to ba... since you keep on saying how you haev cx gold!
I've decided on the next Amex MR promo to transfer to BA to get started. Still waiting on the CX gold though. I'll be applying for Amex Plat shortly.. The Business Plat request I haven't heard back yet, but did fill out the form that was sent to me by Amex. So we'll see