Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Choosing seats on Aeroplan booked flights with EVA and ANA

Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Scandic 2nd Floor, FoundersCard

Is it possible to choose seats in advance on an Aeroplan booked flight with EVA and/or ANA? I called Aeroplan and the rep said he could not help and to call the other airlines direct (ie ANA, EVA). When you try to look online on they of course do not recognize the booking reference #.

Any one had any experience with this?

(Tried to find a similar post... if there is one let me know!)
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: AC, CX Gold, SPG Gold
Call Aeroplan and ask them to give you the EVA and ANA booking references. They should have them available. You can then log into the respective airline website and choose your seats from there.

I am actually doing this for my BR flight right now (Aeroplan gave me the booking number).
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: AC 75K
As the Aeroplan rep correctly said, you need to call the airlines.

Each airline will have their own booking reference #, which is why the Aeroplan confirmation doesn't work. When you call the airlines, make sure to get their booking reference #s.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Homerclees
Call Aeroplan and ask them to give you the EVA and ANA booking references. They should have them available. You can then log into the respective airline website and choose your seats from there.

I am actually doing this for my BR flight right now (Aeroplan gave me the booking number).
I find it's hit or miss whether AE actually has the other airlines reference #s...they don't always have it.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:52 am

You don't really need the booking reference. Just call the airlines, they will ask your name and which flight you are on, and you will be able to select seats by phone. Then you can ask them for their booking reference, in case you need it in the future.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by hitsmith
Is it possible to choose seats in advance on an Aeroplan booked flight with EVA and/or ANA? I called Aeroplan and the rep said he could not help and to call the other airlines direct (ie ANA, EVA). When you try to look online on they of course do not recognize the booking reference #.

Any one had any experience with this?

(Tried to find a similar post... if there is one let me know!)
For ANA, you can do the seat selection directly on their website, as long as you have the ANA's PNR.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by echino
You don't really need the booking reference. Just call the airlines, they will ask your name and which flight you are on...
You can also provide them with your ticket number (begins with 014) and the other airlines reps have a much easier time finding your booking.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:20 pm

On EVA, you can choose your seat, meal with a eTicket # and name

On ANA, I've just called it in before with date, flight, name

It's not hard
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Scandic 2nd Floor, FoundersCard
Thanks all for the info/tips!
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:12 am

EVA: Please be reminded that we can only accept the online seat request within 100 days but no later than 24 hours prior to the flight departure.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Quick update.

I have 2 x flights with ANA and 2 x flights with EVA. I was able to call and choose seats for 1 out of 2 for both. The long haul flights I have (ORD - NRT with ANA) and (TPE - YYZ) with EVA... but not for the shorter NRT-HKG and HKG-TPE.

Process was quick and painless. Agents nice and did provide me with their own Booking Ref. numbers to use on web after as well.

Re: Meals
With EVA you can select your meal it seems 10 days in advance.

I am in First with ANA... looks like a great product. Good review here if interested:
http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...chicago-tokyo/

And, I am in Royal Laurel with EVA, very excited about this one too.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Homerclees

Aeroplan is tied into AC's RES system, and as such will generate only an AC alpha-numeric PNR number. Depending on the airline, they may generate a supplemental services request to AC advising of their internal PNR number. Your best bet as previously mentioned is simply calling the airline directly, providing the appropriate info, and documenting the PNR number. Once you're in possession of that, you should be able to manage your reservation via their respective website(s).
Old Sep 6, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Aeroplan is tied into AC's RES system, and as such will generate only an AC alpha-numeric PNR number. Depending on the airline, they may generate a supplemental services request to AC advising of their internal PNR number. Your best bet as previously mentioned is simply calling the airline directly, providing the appropriate info, and documenting the PNR number. Once you're in possession of that, you should be able to manage your reservation via their respective website(s).
I always wonder why airline's website doesn't simply show the PNRs on partner airlines - they already have that in their system somewhere. Then I was pleasantly surprised that UA's website does this. On UA's website it shows: "This reservation contains partner flights. (click here) View additional confirmation numbers."

UA seems to have better IT then most others.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by hitsmith
Quick update.

I have 2 x flights with ANA and 2 x flights with EVA. I was able to call and choose seats for 1 out of 2 for both. The long haul flights I have (ORD - NRT with ANA) and (TPE - YYZ) with EVA... but not for the shorter NRT-HKG and HKG-TPE.
I just booked an award that includes some of those flights. The ANA flight (in my case KIX-HKG) already had the seats selected when I booked the award, 3A and 3B. I think you can also select them on ANA's website.

As for Eva, I have to wait until 100 days before departure. I am not too fussy about seats on a short haul flight, but I suppose on long haul I should choose something in advance.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by g46r
I always wonder why airline's website doesn't simply show the PNRs on partner airlines - they already have that in their system somewhere. Then I was pleasantly surprised that UA's website does this. On UA's website it shows: "This reservation contains partner flights. (click here) View additional confirmation numbers."

UA seems to have better IT then most others.
I'm just wondering if it has to do with Canadian law and privacy issues. I as the SD can no longer access the briefing information on a particular flight unless I'm operating it, and only within 24 hours of its scheduled departure. This changed a while back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.