Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

First time procedure for upgrade UA flight on AC metal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS

This is old-hat for the rest of you, but I have not done this before ... I will be on UA flight number on AC metal. The TA that booked the flight could not book the AC seats, just the seats on the AC leg, and told me to OLCI for a seat. I imply contacted AC twitter and they assigned me to preferred seats no problem, when I gave them the AC PNR from the UA booking.
I would like to burn some eUps and I know I can't use them on the UA metal legs, but can I use them on the AC leg, and what is the procedure to request it. I understand I can't login to the eupgrade website and do it because it's not an AC booking. I imagine I can ask at the gate. Is there any way to do it within my window (now 5 days!) via contacting AC (which I would do via Twitter DM) or at OLCI (I don't even know if I can OLCI for this...) Any AC/UA-ambidextrous people able to direct the first-timer? Thanks
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
From memory of previous reports on here, you can do it at the airport, but not at the previous windows.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I think you can also do it during OLCI.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, I did it via OLCI for a r/t to LGA (was half the price of AC.com) this week... worked fine (cleared on both legs)
Old Sep 25, 2013, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I want to use AC eUps, not cash, though, so probably at the airport. I'll watch for an invitation to do by eUps in the OLCI. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.