And they wonder why people are confused about aeroplan vs altitude

Subscribe
My wife just passed a 60k AQM threshold and got the email from Altitude notifying her to make a choice for her threshold gift on the Altitude website. As others have noted, there is no place to do so on the Altitude site, just a spot to monitor the delivery of your choice. So logically, she called Altitude to select her 1500AQM bonus. No luck, as she was then told that Altitude cannot do it, the Altitude website cannot do it, and she must call Aeroplan (for crossing an Altitude threshold!).

FWIW Aeroplan did actually process it (though with much hand holding).

Clear as mud.
Yeah it's a stupid system, especially with this Distinction nonsense being added.

But then again, AP/AC are not exactly renowned for their technological expertise.

The only thing I like about AC is the matrix display of their fares. Everything else is gibberish. I still cannot understand why it takes up to a week for trip segments + miles to be credited.
Quote: I still cannot understand why it takes up to a week for trip segments + miles to be credited.
It's crazy. When I was flying Delta a lot, 18 years ago, my segments were credited before I even deplaned. 18 years later and Air Canada has been unable to do this.
So Altitude is separate from Aeroplan but is administered by Aeroplan which has Distinction but is not to be confused with Altitude.
Quote: So Altitude is separate from Aeroplan but is administered by Aeroplan which has Distinction but is not to be confused with Altitude.
You have the chops to be a good Altitude marketing manager!
Quote: I still cannot understand why it takes up to a week for trip segments + miles to be credited.
For AC flights, it almost always happens in 3 days (never less), which I gather is related to all transactions going through a Star clearing house to guard against doubling up in programs.
Quote: My wife just passed a 60k AQM threshold and got the email from Altitude notifying her to make a choice for her threshold gift on the Altitude website. As others have noted, there is no place to do so on the Altitude site, just a spot to monitor the delivery of your choice. So logically, she called Altitude to select her 1500AQM bonus. No luck, as she was then told that Altitude cannot do it, the Altitude website cannot do it, and she must call Aeroplan (for crossing an Altitude threshold!).

FWIW Aeroplan did actually process it (though with much hand holding).

Clear as mud.
At risk of sounding like an apologist, you can absolutely 100% select your 60K threshold on the altitude.aircanada.com website dashboard. I crossed this week and selected 1500AQM as the bonus and it was credited to my account two days later.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Quote:
For AC flights, it almost always happens in 3 days (never less), which I gather is related to all transactions going through a Star clearing house to guard against doubling up in programs.
As part of their 50$ million cost savings program they now ship the points from your destination to Montreal by ground instead of by air.
Quote: At risk of sounding like an apologist, you can absolutely 100% select your 60K threshold on the altitude.aircanada.com website dashboard. I crossed this week and selected 1500AQM as the bonus and it was credited to my account two days later.
Nice to know some things get fixed. Three weeks ago it was not possible. Confirmed with both the altitude and ap people.
Quote: So Altitude is separate from Aeroplan but is administered by Aeroplan which has Distinction but is not to be confused with Altitude.
No. You have it wrong. Aeroplan is distinctly separate from Altitude, and it is not administered by Altitude staff, but rather by Altitude staff who distinctly have the mission of ensuring that is should not be confused with Aeroplan.

Jeesh. Get it right.
Just received my Aerotude card, but it still has a very distinct AltiPlan logo on it.
This sounds like Gertrude Stein - and she has been gone since 1946!
Well, good thing Air Canada sent out a broadcast email to everyone on Monday to "clarifiy" the difference between Altitude & Distinction huh?