Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

DISTINCTION LAUNCH PROMOTION - Get 15K Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:58 am
alc
Original Poster

http://www3.aeroplan.com/promotions/...up3646_AE_TK47

DISTINCTION LAUNCH PROMOTION

Get up to 15,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles
From June 28, 2013 to March 31, 2014

dBlack and dDiamond members with an Aeroplan-affiliated financial card on March 31, 2014, can receive up to 15,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles.

--- Detail ---

Celebrate the launch of Distinction with this amazing offer!

• dDiamond members will receive 15,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles
  • dBlack members will receive 10,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles

Here is what you need to do:
  1. Register from June 28 to December 31, 2013
  2. Reach 2014 dBlack or dDiamond Status by March 31, 2014
  3. Make sure you have an active Aeroplan-affiliated financial card on March 31, 2014

The bonus miles that you’ll receive with this promotion will count towards your 2015 Distinction status.

See Terms and Conditions for more details.

--- T&C ---
  1. The Distinction launch bonus promotion is open to all Aeroplan Members.
  2. The applicable bonus mile level will be awarded to members who:
    • reach a 2014 Aeroplan Distinction dDiamond or dBlack level based on the qualifying criteria for the 2014 qualification period by March 31, 2014,
    • register at aeroplan.com from June 28 to December 31, 2013, 11:59 p.m. (EST),
    • hold or acquire an active, Aeroplan-affiliated mileage accumulating financial card between June 28, 2013 and March 31, 2014, and
    • are the primary cardholders of an active, Aeroplan-affiliated mileage accumulating financial card in good standing on March 31, 2014.
  3. These bonus miles will count towards 2015 Distinction status.
  4. Aeroplan Bonus Miles will be credited to member’s account 12 weeks following the end of the promotion. Maximum of 15,000 bonus miles per member.
  5. Offer is subject to change at Aeroplan’s sole discretion, without notice; other conditions and restrictions may apply.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by alc
http://www3.aeroplan.com/promotions/...up3646_AE_TK47

DISTINCTION LAUNCH PROMOTION

Get up to 15,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles
From June 28, 2013 to March 31, 2014

dBlack and dDiamond members with an Aeroplan-affiliated financial card on March 31, 2014, can receive up to 15,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles.

--- Detail ---

Celebrate the launch of Distinction with this amazing offer!

• dDiamond members will receive 15,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles
  • dBlack members will receive 10,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles

Here is what you need to do:
  1. Register from June 28 to December 31, 2013
  2. Reach 2014 dBlack or dDiamond Status by March 31, 2014
  3. Make sure you have an active Aeroplan-affiliated financial card on March 31, 2014

The bonus miles that you’ll receive with this promotion will count towards your 2015 Distinction status.

See Terms and Conditions for more details.

--- T&C ---
  1. The Distinction launch bonus promotion is open to all Aeroplan Members.
  2. The applicable bonus mile level will be awarded to members who:
    • reach a 2014 Aeroplan Distinction dDiamond or dBlack level based on the qualifying criteria for the 2014 qualification period by March 31, 2014,
    • register at aeroplan.com from June 28 to December 31, 2013, 11:59 p.m. (EST),
    • hold or acquire an active, Aeroplan-affiliated mileage accumulating financial card between June 28, 2013 and March 31, 2014, and
    • are the primary cardholders of an active, Aeroplan-affiliated mileage accumulating financial card in good standing on March 31, 2014.
  3. These bonus miles will count towards 2015 Distinction status.
  4. Aeroplan Bonus Miles will be credited to member’s account 12 weeks following the end of the promotion. Maximum of 15,000 bonus miles per member.
  5. Offer is subject to change at Aeroplan’s sole discretion, without notice; other conditions and restrictions may apply.
How does on register for this - I do not see how on the Aeroplan web site - unless all Aeroplan/Distinction members are self-registered, if they fit the criteria as described above?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: AC *G, A3 *G
Looks like a rewards program within a rewards program.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:25 am
alc
Original Poster

And also that Aerogold or AeroplanPlus sign-up bonus just get 15K more. Especially the CIBC first year fee wavied promo going on now. You get the bonus next year, and it will be a reminder to cancel the card as one year is almost up.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:28 am
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
How does on register for this - I do not see how on the Aeroplan web site - unless all Aeroplan/Distinction members are self-registered, if they fit the criteria as described above?
Was going to register after I post, but I can't find it either. Another great IT work in action :-)
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: Free Agent
this mess is yet another reason to just say no to airline-affiliated CC.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: A3 *G; AC
Are we sure that this isn't a joke?

OK so maybe it is real. Just registered using the link in the first post. But will I be with Aeroplan until 2015?

Last edited by hastuk; Jun 28, 2013 at 6:40 am Reason: Add a sentence.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:06 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
The real question is, what bank is going to be carrying the aeroplan visa card on march 31, 2014??

You knew there was going to be an incentive buried in there to lure people away from CIBC.

At this rate they are giving miles away.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
As of this morning, after reading the AE, TD and CIBC press releases from yesterday, I can't decide if TD was stealth and crafty in reaching this new agreement or if CIBC was either incompentent or resigned to the end. Very odd development indeed.

So to keep things simple:

aircanada.com
aircanada.com/eupgrades
altitude.aircanada.com
aeroplan.com

All require sign-on and do not make for a seamless experience.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by alc
Was going to register after I post, but I can't find it either. Another great IT work in action :-)
Worked for me.

Thank you. You have successfully registered for this promotion.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:05 am
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mapleg
Worked for me.

Thank you. You have successfully registered for this promotion.
Yes, it work for me also after hastuk post above.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan

Thanks for sharing
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AC*E, CX Silver, TK Elite, IHG Gold, HH Gold, SPG
What a joke of a promotion. According to the terms, the bonus miles will post 12 weeks after the end of the promotion which is March 31st, 2014. So we'll see the bonus miles around this time next year...
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
As of this morning, after reading the AE, TD and CIBC press releases from yesterday, I can't decide if TD was stealth and crafty in reaching this new agreement or if CIBC was either incompentent or resigned to the end.
Or maybe uber shrewd by entrapping CIBC into matching the deal and thus forcing its competitor into a financially irresponsible cost spiral for a poor awards product. If I read the newspapers correctly, TD gets $80million if CIBC decides to match the deal and stay with AE, and AIMIA has to kill the deal.

I still think this is a bad move on the part of CIBC, but then The Market thinks its a great deal and still loves AE despite all the problems we know exist with the program. Distinction may improve matters somewhat but the hefty surcharges on awards remains, and the huge increase (20% after 40% hikes two years ago) to premium awards only makes it of less value year by year.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by highfly3r
What a joke of a promotion. According to the terms, the bonus miles will post 12 weeks after the end of the promotion which is March 31st, 2014. So we'll see the bonus miles around this time next year...
Sure but the status part of these bonus miles will be a good addition to your 2014 spend to keep or move you up a tier for 2015. The real value of the bonus would be tier status, not redeemable miles (unless you're trying to off-set the increase for premium awards).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.