Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

DISTINCTION LAUNCH PROMOTION - Get 15K Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISTINCTION LAUNCH PROMOTION - Get 15K Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:18 pm

Called back today, after agent told me last week that it should take care of itself. Apparently there's no sign of my registration and there's nothing they can (or will?) do about it. They offered to transfer me to the supervisor, but there was no sense in wasting more of my time to hear the same answer. A half hour on hold was more than enough for me.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:40 pm
alc
Original Poster

Called in on the weekend as well and was also stated no record of my registration. They said they will "look into it" and but it look like it will be a 15K lost for me
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: AC E35, Marriott, National
Got my 15k July 7.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:26 am

Called in, went over my statement again, confirmed registration date, will be sent off to crediting department for manual verification

My delayed upgrade to d black on April second is probably the cause even though I achieved 50k by March 23
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Very annoyed - same issue here - no miles posted, called AE (on the line for 36 min total) and told they have no record of my sign up. Said that the "Executive office" would call me back within 72 hours, but we will see.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
After a couple 'no registration' issues 2 years back, I've gotten into the habit of registering twice for every promo. I haven't had an issue since. Would be nice if this weren't the case, but might help some of you avoid these hassles in the future.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:51 am
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yvr76
After a couple 'no registration' issues 2 years back, I've gotten into the habit of registering twice for every promo. I haven't had an issue since. Would be nice if this weren't the case, but might help some of you avoid these hassles in the future.
I registered like 5 times and still this issue. I do not have much hope getting my 15K though
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:17 am

I have also registered before end of last year, and I did not receive my 10K dBlack bonus. After calling them, they asked me which date I registered for the promotion as they also have no record for my registration. My case has been transferred to another Aeroplan department for follow up.

If anyone did eventually receive manually point adjustment after their 'investigatin', please update here.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
Called in, went over my statement again, confirmed registration date, will be sent off to crediting department for manual verification

My delayed upgrade to d black on April second is probably the cause even though I achieved 50k by March 23
Successfully got my manual adjustment, dated July 21.

My situation was a little different. I knew when I registered, but got upgraded to dblack late.

Many agents agreed with me, as did a few supervisors when they went through my account transactions.

Best of luck to everybody else
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by crimsona
Successfully got my manual adjustment, dated July 21.

My situation was a little different. I knew when I registered, but got upgraded to dblack late.

Many agents agreed with me, as did a few supervisors when they went through my account transactions.

Best of luck to everybody else
Hey crimsona,
I recall my wife's situation was the same as yours (50,000th Distinction point posted before Mar 31st, but dBlack didn't appear online till later in April). And like you, she didn't get her bonus 10K points on/around July 8th, when everyone (myself included) started seeing this promo's points being posted.

However, we haven't done anything at all to pursue the missing points, as we are still busy wandering the earth on our MRTW trip. Yet, like you, her 10K dBlack points posted on July 21st as well. It must have been your hard work that got the wheels going for her too, like a spill-over effect! Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Argh, learned about this promotion just now but I can't recall if I registered for it and I have no proof if I did. Customer service says I didn't register though I tend to register for most things, especially if it's free.

Seems ludicrous that you have to register to receive bonus points when the only criteria are achieving dBlack or dDiamond level spending and still have a valid card as of March 31, 2014. Seems they can determine eligible accounts by a search of the Aeroplan database. I can see registering if it's a contest or you have to play a game.

Is it a lost cause if I don't have proof I registered?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by tonyyvr

Is it a lost cause if I don't have proof I registered?
I registered, got no points, phoned to have them tell me they have no record of my registering. I have no proof because they don't send an email confirmation and why would I screen print every little thing I click on and save it for the 1.5 years until the points don't post? Not holding my breath.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
The other thing they could do differently is give you a message like "You've already registered for this promo" if you try to register a second time. SPG is like that and this is great to confirm that it's already been done. With AE, every time you register it thanks you for registering.

Still waiting for my miles that I was told should take a week to post on July 11.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I registered, got no points, ... Not holding my breath.
I phoned Aeroplan customer service, they couldn't do anything as the promo had ended. If I had a suggestion, they suggested I contact head office. The only way is by Canada Post mail, here's the address if any one is interested. I'm going to suggest for bonus points, members shouldn't need to register as the only criteria are continued holder of an Aeroplan affiliated credit card and reaching a distinction level. That can come from their database. I can see needing to opt in an register to enter contests, draws or games. But for bonus points the only purposes for registering are to see how many people are reading the ad and of course to limit payout. I figure if you've spent enough to reach a distinction level and still hold the card, that should be sufficient eligibility to earn the bonus.

M. le President
Aeroplan Customer Service Centre
5100 Boul. de Maisonneuve, Ouest
Montreal PQ H4A 3T2
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Bonus Finally Posted

After several calls to the Aeroplan Call Centre and a call-back from an 'Executive Office' supervisor, my 15k Distinction Diamond bonus points posted on August 13th.

According to the supervisor, they are aware that there was a problem with MANY member accounts not getting their bonus points posted. I was advised that they were working on resolving the problem and that the points would be manually posted to my account within 10 days. They posted 4 days after the call-back.

mxm135

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.