Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounge at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador

Folks, any insightful info of Air Canada's plan for the Star Alliance Terminal 2 at Heathrow? Will AC be planning to move out of T3 and join its partners in T2 as it is opened?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
The move will happen in 2014 according to an email one poster received from the airline as was noted in this post.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
The move will happen in 2014 according to an email one poster received from the airline as was noted in this post.
Thanks for the link. Glad to know that the MLL will be constructed in T2B.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:04 am

Who will be in new terminal 2 is listed on LHR website

http://www.heathrowairport.com/about...l-be-operating
Old Jun 25, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
It looks very similar to T5. They will be knocking down T1 after T2 opens and rebuild T1 as a satellite terminal to T2. Luckily I think they will be connected by foot and not using a train system like T5. Its the absolute worst when you arrive at T5C and have to take a train to T5A for immigration and baggage.

Part of T2 is actually opened already in T1. The furthest gates in T1 are connected by a passageway and it looks nice! UA, LX and NZ tend to use these gates.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xLuther
Who will be in new terminal 2 is listed on LHR website

http://www.heathrowairport.com/about...l-be-operating
Thanks for the link. Very informative. Did you see anything Air Canada has provided about its plan and MLL?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Any updates on the status of the bacon sandwiches during and after this transition?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by zorn
Any updates on the status of the bacon sandwiches during and after this transition?
Let´s just hope AC will still have an arrivals lounge at T2.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by zorn
I arrive 6:25 AM on Sunday June 30th, I will advise status

1st time I arrive early enough to use arrival lounge, looking forward to it as I have +7 hours to kill before my flight to Rome out of T5
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Here is the official Star Alliance press released from Dec 2012:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/press...w-airport-prp/

As much as I have enjoyed a shower in the AC Arrivals Lounge after a lounge flight, I am looking forward to a new location where everything functions and the showers don't look like a Y from the 80s.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by lespoir
Thanks for the link. Very informative. Did you see anything Air Canada has provided about its plan and MLL?
IIRC there are no plans for an MLL, however all Star Airlines will have a common lounge for *G. It is also possible the likes of SN and UA will have a first class lounge for each airline. Definitely no United Club, MLL, LH Senator or Business Lounge.

Look for Star to accomplish integration along the lines of NRT whereby checkin will be done according the cabin class and destination rather than airline specific checkin.

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Let´s just hope AC will still have an arrivals lounge at T2.
I anticipate the arrivals lounge will be common use amongst all star alliance airlines, similar to the departures lounge.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by YEG Guy
IIRC there are no plans for an MLL, however all Star Airlines will have a common lounge for *G. It is also possible the likes of SN and UA will have a first class lounge for each airline. Definitely no United Club, MLL, LH Senator or Business Lounge.

Look for Star to accomplish integration along the lines of NRT whereby checkin will be done according the cabin class and destination rather than airline specific checkin.
Personally, I´m not a big fan of shared check-in facilities which typically operate based on the smallest common denominator, i.e. less qualified staff, longer wait times, fewer resources for elite members.

This also is the case with the lounge agents at the *A lounge in T1: completely useless IME as they don´t offer any help nor have any interest in pax whatsoever. An automated gate would be as useful.

I anticipate the arrivals lounge will be common use amongst all star alliance airlines, similar to the departures lounge.
I´m not sure about that. Arrivals lounges are not part of the agreement between the *A carriers and only a few *A airlines have arrivals lounges (and only for long-haul flights).

I wouldn´t be surprised if there were a shared AC/UA arrivals lounge (possibly also used by 1-2 other airlines), but I very much doubt it will be a general arrivals lounge to which all *A C/F and *G pax have access.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:24 pm

Programs: aeroplan Elite, Priority Club. HHonours
[QUOTE=Jasper2009;20989285]Personally, I´m not a big fan of shared check-in facilities which typically operate based on the smallest common denominator, i.e. less qualified staff, longer wait times, fewer resources for elite members.

This also is the case with the lounge agents at the *A lounge in T1: completely useless IME as they don´t offer any help nor have any interest in pax whatsoever. An automated gate would be as useful.

I´m not sure about that. Arrivals lounges are not part of the agreement between the *A carriers and only a few *A airlines have arrivals lounges (and only for long-haul flights).

Given the many months it will take to negotiate lease space in T2 plan / design / build etc etc AC must by this date know if an Arrivals Lounge is to be included. A joint lounge with the other long haul carriers UA/Air NZ & the like would make a lot of sense and would perhaps allow longer opening hours.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

So far I also don't like those common Star lounges (all the existing Star Alliance lounges). Prefer individual distinct lounges that are supposed to reflect their each own airline/country cultures.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
If it is a common lounge system, I think there would be at least 2 lounges at each end of the terminal for all *A PAX, one of them being an F lounge.

This is similar to T1 today, where there is a common *A lounge that all airlines use in the terminal (UA, NZ, LX, LH, SA etc.)

As for arrivals lounge, I believe it might be a joint operation between AC and another airline(s) but not a general *A arrival lounge. I highly doubt the European airlines (LH, LX etc.) would want to pay towards this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.