Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Originally Posted by tyberius
July 2015 is too far out for the schedule to be loaded yet, I believe. Usually Lufthansa in my experience loads out the farthest but I don't expect anything to be higher than 11 months out (330 days) for the most part.
I'm checking all sorts of Mondays (April/may/june/july) for SIN-YYZ (plus return). There is ZERO J space on BR35/356, it's all in Y and will book J for the TPE-SIN leg (BR226) costing J redemption for the entire trip. Yet if I try for 3 in Y, all EVA flights vanish. It seems BR226 has only 1Y 3J. Some fix.

Can anyone see if via ANA or KVS if there is J space on BR35/36....
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
I'm checking all sorts of Mondays (April/may/june/july) for SIN-YYZ (plus return). There is ZERO J space on BR35/356, it's all in Y and will book J for the TPE-SIN leg (BR226) costing J redemption for the entire trip. Yet if I try for 3 in Y, all EVA flights vanish. It seems BR226 has only 1Y 3J. Some fix.

I think it's still a bug

On UA website, booking for 1 seat
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...B=1&SD=OW&CS=N

I see ONLY Y available for TPE-YYZ or YYZ-TPE in May/June 2015 (a few J in April 2015 though)
I have doubts that all the J are already booked

vs. CDG-TPE is widely open in Y and J in 2015
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AC Altitude50
Today,I was able to book 2 J tickets TPE-YYZ for July 29,2014.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk

I had booked BR36 in March. Last I looked March 24th was available on ANA.

Between March 1st and July 21st here are your available dates for one business class ticket on EVA from TPE to YYZ.

3-2
3-3
3-10
3-16
3-19
3-21
3-24
3-30
4-2
4-4
4-6
4-9
4-11
4-13
4-14
4-18
4-20 !
4-23
4-25
4-27
4-28
4-30

4-30 is the last available day.

There is nothing from May 1 to June 21.

Attempts to search past June 21 are giving me the 330 day error.

So, either everyone booked up everything from May to June 21, or the schedule is only filled to the end of April. With all that availability at the end of April then suddenly nothing, seems to me like they just have not indicated the seats are available yet.

If you must have one of these seats and they do not show on Aeroplan, call and ask the agent to do it manually. Say it is available on StarNet and they can do it manually and it will go through.

Of course now that I have posted a bunch of easy access targets people are going to start shooting them down. I'm not going to redo the search every day so suggest quick action.

I think though you will probably see June added to the schedule once we hit the end of July. So, suggest to buy access to one of the services that lets you see R space, then wait for August 1st and then hit up the June schedule and pick the flight you want.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:17 pm

I agree with tyberius, although it's funny and strange that BR would've loaded the CDG-TPE J and Y (all the way into June 2015), but not the YYZ-TPE route

I'd think the entire schedule is either 100% loaded, or 0% loaded, not 50% loaded for example
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:35 pm

Booked YYZ-TPE-PNH in Y for next Wednesday to satisfy my last-minute wanderlust.

Oy, first TPAC Y flight in almost 2 years! My consolation is I'm returning in JL F.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Have a good trip, it's not been a good week for flying..... Hopefully there are no more typhoons near TPE.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by tyberius

4-30 is the last available day.

There is nothing from May 1 to June 21.

Attempts to search past June 21 are giving me the 330 day error.

So, either everyone booked up everything from May to June 21, or the schedule is only filled to the end of April. With all that availability at the end of April then suddenly nothing, seems to me like they just have not indicated the seats are available yet..

I have reward tickets booked YYZ-TPE on May 3rd and TPE-YYZ on May 19th. So these were definitely available before AE stopped offering BR seats and then brought them back.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eternity000
I have reward tickets booked YYZ-TPE on May 3rd and TPE-YYZ on May 19th. So these were definitely available before AE stopped offering BR seats and then brought them back.
Strange. Maybe there is a reason that May-June is popular between TPE and YYZ?

Just to be clear I scanned it all with ANA. So ANA is not reporting anything for May. Possibly *they* have some BR issue haha.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
real-time availability

I was online the moment the date I wanted became available (so 12 midnight). When I added that to my return to YYZ, the Aeroplan error message was something to the effect of "Due to real-time availability", my flight was not selectable.

On the other hand, I was flexible enough to move my travel dates a few days up and got a similar routing I wanted.

Entered the 014 ticket numbers and names, and voila! Seat selection. Happy about that. ^
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have some quesitons about using AE miles to upgrade on BR:

1 - AE's website says K class only. Is this right? Is that EVA's top Elite fare class?

2 - If you go YYZ-TPE-SIN, for exmple, is it 25,000 miles each way? That is, unless you stop in TPE, it is a through upgrade and Asia 1 and Asia 2 are both 25,000?

3 - Any practical advises on processing the upgrade?

Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: AC *G, A3 *G
Hi

Had the same kind of question myself a few weeks ago.

1. Upgrade is good for only one segment and one way yyz - tpe.
2. Upgrade tpe - sin would be 10,000 more ae points (inter asia 1 award)
3. K class and Y and B classes are upgradable. K class has some very good prices get it while it lasts.
4. Bonus you will still earn miles on the k class credited to ae.
5. Upgrade process is very straight forward. I have 3 return flights booked in 2015 and all cleared same day.

Cheers
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: AC *G, A3 *G
Hi

Had the same kind of question myself a few weeks ago.

1. Upgrade is good for only one segment and one way yyz - tpe.
2. Upgrade tpe - sin would be 10,000 more ae points (inter asia 1 award)
3. K class and Y and B classes are upgradable. K class has some very good prices get it while it lasts.
4. Bonus you will still earn miles on the k class credited to ae.
5. Upgrade process is very straight forward. I have 3 return flights booked in 2015 and all cleared same day.

Cheers
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:57 pm

Hi!

New here and hoping someone could help me out!
I'm looking at redeeming aeroplan for YVR-HKG return trip with BR; all i could find is the outbound trip with and no inbound trips whatsoever. Is this still the bug or has BR limited the TPE-YVR leg?

Thanks in advance!!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: SPG, Nexus, Aeroplan, AMEX MR, BA Avios
Originally Posted by cdizzle11
Hi!

New here and hoping someone could help me out!
I'm looking at redeeming aeroplan for YVR-HKG return trip with BR; all i could find is the outbound trip with and no inbound trips whatsoever. Is this still the bug or has BR limited the TPE-YVR leg?

Thanks in advance!!
Make sure you're checking dates where TPE flies into YVR, i've noticed this to be the case with Mon-Wed most. As well, BR limits their TPAC flights on AP, but i'd say their inventory on AP is one of the best for no scam charges..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.