Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan award availability - middle of the pack; but worse in 2013 vs 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

See this link:

http://www.frequentflier.com/blog/an...ility-goes-to/

Per this survey: Air Canada/Aeroplan is in the middle of the pack (11/20). Of the 4 US legacy carriers, UA offers more availability, but American Airlines, Delta, and US Airways offer less availability.

However, the availability is shown to have gone down significantly for a given period of time this year compared to same period last year.
Old May 9, 2013, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Severly flawed survey - it only took into account online availability

Apart from minor variations, UA=US=AC, its the same inventory!

UA may be higher because united.com can throw some crazy itineraries with 3 connections at you, therefore will show more available than Aeroplan.com

and USAirways.com only shows USAir availability... so of course it will be low.
Old May 9, 2013, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Severly flawed survey - it only took into account online availability

Apart from minor variations, UA=US=AC, its the same inventory!

UA may be higher because united.com can throw some crazy itineraries with 3 connections at you, therefore will show more available than Aeroplan.com

and USAirways.com only shows USAir availability... so of course it will be low.
Agree and Gary goes into more details about the flaws here so treat the results with some skepticism.
Old May 9, 2013, 10:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
I do find Aeropeso seat availability to be low. Seems a lot lower than previous years when I tried to book. So with the devaluation of points, scamcharges, and low availability, the Aeropeso points are worth less and less to me.
Old May 10, 2013, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Space around holidays is now being effectively blacked out by AC. I was not able to get an award for Christmas YEG-YYZ but was able to get YEG-EWR-BUF on UA.
Old May 10, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
what kind of availabilty

Wonder what the study considers as AC/AE availability? 22 hrs from YYZ to CUN with stops is not availability, it is torture. Or return with 6 hrs overnight at a transit airport is also not availability in my opinion. I can deal with one stop and a few hrs transit time but some of the 'options' on AE are downright crazy.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
The funny thing is this survey will presumably look for the own airline's availability, whereas any wise AP users cares mainly about almost everything but AC availability.
Old May 10, 2013, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Space around holidays is now being effectively blacked out by AC. I was not able to get an award for Christmas YEG-YYZ but was able to get YEG-EWR-BUF on UA.
is the blackout official?
Old May 10, 2013, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
No but it's the second year in a row there was nothing from approx Dec 15 to Dec 25 on transcons or connections from YEG to YYZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.