Wiki Posts
Search

Companion Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Companion Upgrades

I am new to the elite club (just hit 35K and will hit E50K at the end of the Month). My wife and I will be traveling to Vegas for leisure in August and I was wondering how companion upgrades work. I will be booking a Flex fare for myself and likely and Tango for her. So here are my questions:
1) Do we need to be on the same booking for companion upgrades to apply?
2) If I book her tango and she is traveling with me, will she still be eligible for a companion upgrade?
3) What if I booked her a reward ticket on Aeroplan miles and booked myself a flex - will she still be eligible for a companion upgrade?

Many Thanks!

Dana
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:21 am

Companion Upgrades

If you book her Tango, the game is over. Absolutely NO Tango fares are upgrade eligible.

You need to be SE100K to request upgrades on NA Aeroplan tickets. Otherwise, she needs a J Aeroplan ticket to start with.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:26 am

Hi Dana,

The answer to your questions can be found across two different Air Canada pages.

First, for your wife's eligibility:
"The eligibility criteria that apply to your Air Canada Altitude status will be the same for your eUpgrade nominee. For instance, if you are a Super Elite 100K member, your eUpgrade Nominee can be upgraded from the same eligible fares and within the same applicable booking window as permitted by your Super Elite 100K status. From: http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...des/share.html

So now what would she be eligible for? Follow the chart at:
http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...des/howto.html

For your wife to be eligible it would need to be in M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K booking classes (for NA).
Unless you are SE, no your wife wouldn't be eligible on an Aeroplan (X) reward.

And yes to be nominated as a travel companion, it needs to be on the same reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.