Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
And DAMN. Is she part of the IFE too?

Uhh I mean, the dress is too long though.
It appears to show a little skin below the waist! So, it's okay for an FA, but not a passenger in J?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by D582
Did not see this posted yet, but the rouge A321 configuration is on AC.com now - 16J/184Y: http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-200rouge.html

I'm surprised at 16J considering mainline is only at 14J. I was expecting 12J to be consistent with the 319s. A little disappointed that there are not more rouge plus seats.
Fin and reg info is also now available on their website:

A321-200 (321)

Registration Mark | Fin #
C-FJOK | 468
C-FJOU | 469
C-FJQD | 470
C-FJQH | 471
C-FJQL | 472
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:56 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by guessaaa
Fin and reg info is also now available on their website:

A321-200 (321)

Registration Mark | Fin #
C-FJOK | 468
C-FJOU | 469
C-FJQD | 470
C-FJQH | 471
C-FJQL | 472
That's a bit forward considering none of those planes actually 'exist' in Canada yet.

They haven't even added Fin 462 and 463 to mainline yet which are actually flying now.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
@planewatcheryyc, congrats!

And DAMN. Is she part of the IFE too?

Uhh I mean, the dress is too long though.
Ya not every crew member will be able to pull that off

My crew on the 29th YYZ-LIS average age of 17, I rather have them in their original as cant see them in that, although one of the male F/A would probably rock in that outfit!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
It appears to show a little skin below the waist! So, it's okay for an FA, but not a passenger in J?
#burn

^
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
+1
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I know. I make no sense

//moving along...
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:20 am

I have managed to avoid Rouge for the past 12 months ( did 4 rouge r/t before that) but did a one way on the same YYZ-NAS route last night. ACr 1817.
All my Rouge flights have been in RP/J on the A319.
1)The FAs were more polished and seemed more on the ball.. Emily, our FA at the pointy end was top-notch, constantly checking, efficient and fast...5*****
2)The new 2/2 seats are a big improvement over the lousy 3/3 slimline with the cushion in the middle...more about these at the end of this post.
3) the overhead bin storage situation is still appalling and seems to lead to delays in boarding.
4) Food was aweful...the worst I've had since the whole first-class cabin sent theirs back uneaten on a Delta flight in the mid-80s.
I had the sirloin (something) that was tougher than shoe-leather that tasted worse. The salad was the same meagre offering that AC has provided for years and the cheesecake was fine. Seems like AC is using some really lousy catering now.
Back to the seats.....after arriving in YYZ last night off this Rouge flight I was back on an AC mainline 320 in J class within the hour, heading to Montreal so was able to make a quick off the cuff comparison between the new Rouge 2/2 seating and the old mainline2/2 seating....sorry Rouge I still think the older seats are roomier,more padded and comfortable, have better seat-pitch and better recline. The new Rouge seats look nice but seem narrower, the actual seat-cushion seems to offer less leg support due to I suspect, being shorter front-to- back and they seem to have very bad lumbar support....they are a big improvement over the previous offering but in my humble opinion are nowhere as good as the old-style mainline J seats...as old and worn as they are. And the spacing between the seats front to back seems far less. Next Rouge,if ever, bringing a tape- measure to check some seat and pitch dimensions. I don't use IFE but the whole iPad thing really seems to suck from what I could see...and seems labour- intensive for the crew.
Lastly....Rouge and transiting through YYZ....lousy lousy value proposition from my perspective...hell mainline AC J class through YYZ wasn't great but was just tolerable but the combination of having to use the lower service/expensive, lousy schedule Rouge product and having to transit TO...nope, not worth it for me...
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: Air Canada SE 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis First, AA Gold
We've Been Rouged

This lame attempt at being cool by AC is publicly ridiculed by anyone not familiar with Air Canada. For those of us that fly AC a lot due to geographic necessity (and that's about the only reason for most of us in 2015), Rouge is really bad. Many CAN-US commuter routes have been "Rouged" and many overseas routes are being added.

Anyone out there actually like Rouge?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AC MMSE
This lame attempt at being cool by AC is publicly ridiculed by anyone not familiar with Air Canada. For those of us that fly AC a lot due to geographic necessity (and that's about the only reason for most of us in 2015), Rouge is really bad. Many CAN-US commuter routes have been "Rouged" and many overseas routes are being added.

I don't think anyone out there actually LIKES Rouge, but I don't mind Rouge. I've only flown Rouge Plus or Premium Rouge.

The FA's are much younger and also much more attractive I actually look forward to some of the flights because of this! PR is now 2x2 on the 319 as an example so that can't be too bad (I only flew the 3x3 configuration). Service has been much more consistent as of late too! In fact, sometimes I get better service on Rouge than on ML.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by AC MMSE

shareholders like rouge
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Genetk44
Back to the seats.....after arriving in YYZ last night off this Rouge flight I was back on an AC mainline 320 in J class within the hour, heading to Montreal so was able to make a quick off the cuff comparison between the new Rouge 2/2 seating and the old mainline2/2 seating....sorry Rouge I still think the older seats are roomier,more padded and comfortable, have better seat-pitch and better recline. The new Rouge seats look nice but seem narrower, the actual seat-cushion seems to offer less leg support due to I suspect, being shorter front-to- back and they seem to have very bad lumbar support....they are a big improvement over the previous offering but in my humble opinion are nowhere as good as the old-style mainline J seats...as old and worn as they are. And the spacing between the seats front to back seems far less. Next Rouge,if ever, bringing a tape- measure to check some seat and pitch dimensions.
Interesting, I assumed AC had installed the same J seats as on mainline (just without the IFE and with once inch less pitch).
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Interesting, I assumed AC had installed the same J seats as on mainline (just without the IFE and with once inch less pitch).
They are the old mainline J seats that have been refurbished, with new cushions and padding. Other than 1 inch less pitch they are the same seats.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
They are the old mainline J seats that have been refurbished, with new cushions and padding. Other than 1 inch less pitch they are the same seats.
USB is on the power port since there is no IFE. It's also high powered (can charge an iPad).
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Did not see this posted yet, but the rouge A321 configuration is on AC.com now - 16J/184Y: http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-200rouge.html

I'm surprised at 16J considering mainline is only at 14J. I was expecting 12J to be consistent with the 319s. A little disappointed that there are not more rouge plus seats.
Counting bulkhead and exit rows, it's 24 rouge+ seats - that's decent. Certainly better than the 8 offered on the 319r.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.