Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan, British Airways, Alaska
I am putting together an Aeroplan itinerary for next October and the last leg is LAX YVR

I have the option of Rouge business or United economy.

Should I book the United and hope for an upgrade?

I have yet to fly Rouge but I put my family on it in economy a few weeks ago and they weren't too happy with me.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sean22mac
I am putting together an Aeroplan itinerary for next October and the last leg is LAX YVR

I have the option of Rouge business or United economy.

Should I book the United and hope for an upgrade?

I have yet to fly Rouge but I put my family on it in economy a few weeks ago and they weren't too happy with me.
Rouge "business" is fine. I've flown Premium Rouge without an issue. The consensus is Rouge in Y sucks (were you trying to be the world's most hated dad?), but Premium Rouge, or even Rouge plus is OK (i've done both)
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Take rouge up front. You wont get an "upgrade" - you will have to monitor space yourself and call in to change it to the front cabin when/if it becomes available.

A lot will happen between now and October, many schedule changes.

ps. you put your family in rouge economy? do you hate them?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Good luck with the lighting and the iPads on the planes. Just returned from OGG - flight going had no reading lights, IFE continued to reboot forcing most of us to discontinue use after the 4th or 5th reboot. On the return flight, reading lights were sort of working, but my kid's light switch didn't control their lighting, but rather the people behind them.

Wiped down the seat tray and arm rest on the flight out and the towel was black with dirt (not grey!). Guess they ran out of cleaning rags as none were offered on the return flight.

Green compensation forms were not offered as they were not trained on how to use them.

Where they found these planes and how they can justify using them in the condition they are in is astonishing.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan, British Airways, Alaska
Originally Posted by rankourabu
ps. you put your family in rouge economy? do you hate them?
Sometimes you need to show them how the cattle travel so they appreciate you more when you book the rock star travel...
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Sometimes you need to show them how the cattle travel so they appreciate you more when you book the rock star travel...
yeah yeah I get that .... but rouge? Thats not teaching them a lesson, that almost classifies as spousal/child abuse
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
Originally Posted by rankourabu
yeah yeah I get that .... but rouge? Thats not teaching them a lesson, that almost classifies as spousal/child abuse
At least the kids have a decent chance of fitting
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Good luck with the lighting and the iPads on the planes. Just returned from OGG - flight going had no reading lights, IFE continued to reboot forcing most of us to discontinue use after the 4th or 5th reboot. On the return flight, reading lights were sort of working, but my kid's light switch didn't control their lighting, but rather the people behind them.

Wiped down the seat tray and arm rest on the flight out and the towel was black with dirt (not grey!). Guess they ran out of cleaning rags as none were offered on the return flight.

Green compensation forms were not offered as they were not trained on how to use them.

Where they found these planes and how they can justify using them in the condition they are in is astonishing.

Short of posting photos of this, you should post the details to Ben (incl flight # etc). If not one reports this, it will be ignored.

EDIT: Also, you might want to add this to the

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...rcraft-13.html

Last edited by 24left; Dec 21, 2014 at 11:05 am Reason: add comment
Old Dec 21, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Today I took my 8th Rouge transboarder flight up front in a 319. There is nothing wrong with this experience. The IFE worked fine, and the reading lights all worked fine. By October, they may even have the new 2 +2 seating.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: AC Elite 50K
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000

Put this in the cleaning problems thread.

They are all 767s from the mainline fleet which have exited as the 5-777s and 6-787s which have come so far came...

All are fully refurbished. IE those seats, trays, etc are new, brand new... installed in the last 12 months. They had two old hens flying around but the second one just came back from fixup in Singapore.

There is a mainliner in Singapore right now being rouged up - and I would assume since one is back another will go as soon as the holiday rush ends. (2 787s due by Feb...)
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Last time ever!

I just spent a bone-crushing 5 hours and 23 minutes on Rouge HNL to YVR. NEVER AGAIN........

We didn't do this by choice - we were Rouged. We are a family of four, three of whom are over 6'2. The only sub six footer said it was "like watching three vikings trying to squeeze into a clown car". After taking the 3/4" of magazines and paper out of the seat pocket and putting them in the overhead bin, it was slightly (but not much) less painful. Then...... Jabba The Hutts body double in the seat in front of me reclined his seat. I had no option but to raise the armrest and sit sideways - legs in the aisle, which is far from ideal.

The IFE didn't work.... AT ALL (Android tablet (Samsung)). Luckily I had a book.

If the 767s are an example of what the more spacious version of Rouge is, I hate to think what the 319s are like. Thats my Rouge flying DONE!

Last edited by Frequentlander; Dec 29, 2014 at 11:45 am Reason: Typos corrected, minor profanity removed.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentlander

If the 767s are an example of what the more spacious version of Rouge is, I hate to think what the 319s are like. Thats my Rouge flying DONE!
Rouge A319 = small Air Canada slaveship....especially in Rouge class.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Genetk44
Rouge A319 = small Air Canada slaveship....especially in Rouge class.
I think it is discrimination against tall people....pure and simple.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pmaclell
I think it is discrimination against tall people....pure and simple.
Which should be illegal. If those who can't fit in the seats have medical reasons to get the seat next to them free, why should I be punished for being tall? Lol. Just saying..
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:12 pm

The space issue on the Rouge A319 is horrific in Rouge Y, slightly less so in Rouge Plus and Rouge Premium,but combined with the new slimline seat-design it brings a whole new meaning to the words "uncomfortable,pain,discomfort" etc.
At 6'3" Rouge-Y is an impossibility for me and Rouge Plus not much better...the 4 Rouge flights I did were all in Rouge Premium....food and service was about equal to Mainline AC N.A.-J class but the seats themselves were horrifically uncomfortable...so no more Rouge for me...the sheer discomfort of the seats, not to mention that the 3-abreast seating in Premium completely negates the mainline cost that is being charged for Rouge Premium.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.