Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1390...ngs-california

VANCOUVER, July 23, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada announced today that it will introduce a new seasonal non-stop service operated by Air Canada rouge between Vancouver and Palm Springs, California this winter. Flights to the 'Golf Capital of the World' will be operated with Air Canada rouge Airbus A319 aircraft featuring three customer comfort options: rouge, rouge Plus with preferred seating offering additional legroom, and Premium rouge with additional personal space and enhanced service. To promote this new route, Air Canada is offering savings of 20 per cent on bookings made by August 7, 2014 by using the promotion code "Palm20". Flights are available for purchase at www.aircanada.com

"We are pleased to add Palm Springs to our route network of winter holiday choices," said Benjamin Smith, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Air Canada. "Offering world class golf, tennis, arts, culture, entertainment and shopping, Palm Springs joins Las Vegas and Phoenix as three of the top US leisure desert playgrounds served by Air Canada rouge this winter. Air Canada rouge is best suited to compete more cost effectively in these markets where there is both a high leisure travel demand and low-cost competition."

Air Canada rouge flights between Vancouver and Palm Springs, CA will begin December 18, 2014 and will operate three times weekly until April 12, 2015. Flights have been timed to connect conveniently at Air Canada's Vancouver hub to and from our extensive Western Canada network.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:55 pm

Thank you all for the great information. I may make the change from 1HK to row 2 after hearing about the cramped space in row 1. Although, after seeing xray's reply maybe 1HK isn't so bad?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:17 pm
ttw

Programs: IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
I am travelling in Premium Rouge next month MAN-YYZ with a baby so we have requested a bassinet.

AC have advised that 1AC and 1HK are the bassinet positions in PR. We have 1HK booked for both legs.

How restrictive is this bulkhead? My thought is, there is no risk of the seat in front reclining into your space and there must be a reasonable amount of room to accomodate the bassinet?

Any photos to get a better perspective? Also can anyone verify this is indeed the bassinet position, are there any fixings visible? (just in case AC have given me incorrect info) as in the economy cabin its 12DEF and 27DEF however this could be due to the exit row.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by niele
Thank you all for the great information. I may make the change from 1HK to row 2 after hearing about the cramped space in row 1. Although, after seeing xray's reply maybe 1HK isn't so bad?

Depends on how long your legs are and whether you like bulkhead seats in general. I hate reclined seats in my face and my legs aren't so long
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:04 pm

3 weekly isn't much to go up against WestJet
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by TheGreatestX
3 weekly isn't much to go up against WestJet
No, but it is interesting to see them acually using rouge to add new destinations out west and go after WS's destinations (as opposed to the past philosophy of sitting back and watching WS add service to AC destinations and siphon off traffic).

I'm still hoping that AC utilizes rouge to add transborder destinations from YEG. IMHO rouge>nothing.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by YEG USER
No, but it is interesting to see them acually using rouge to add new destinations out west and go after WS's destinations (as opposed to the past philosophy of sitting back and watching WS add service to AC destinations and siphon off traffic).

I'm still hoping that AC utilizes rouge to add transborder destinations from YEG. IMHO rouge>nothing.
It's interesting that Delta just reported margins close to 15% and did that without any internal "discount airline" and it lets Spirit and Allegiant just do their thing.

When you get on a Delta airplane, you know what to expect as the product is consistent. That just makes Delta stronger and stronger and stronger.

It is interesting to me that WestJet is going to go after high fares markets in Europe and elsewhere in their growth and Air Canada is going after the lowest fares markets for their growth.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by HangTen
When you get on a Delta airplane, you know what to expect as the product is consistent. That just makes Delta stronger and stronger and stronger.
Sorry but I disagree. International J is extremely varied, as is domestic Y where you may or may not have PTVs on any aircraft.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:20 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by HangTen
It's interesting that Delta just reported margins close to 15% and did that without any internal "discount airline" and it lets Spirit and Allegiant just do their thing.

It is interesting to me that WestJet is going to go after high fares markets in Europe and elsewhere in their growth and Air Canada is going after the lowest fares markets for their growth.
Delta's domestic market is 300 million people strong. Wouldn't you say its easier to stick to your own thing with that many potential customers. I don't think Spirit and Allegiant would work in a Canadian Domestic market either...

As for Westjet going to Europe, is there a J cabin on those? I guess higher fares aren't aren't Paid J or business people connecting through Europe on an alliance then?

Delta should be operating at a high profit level. They are flying one of the oldest fleets in the nation, with MD-80s and used 717s from Air tran. I believe they only recently retired its last DC-9 in January. It was built in the 70s!!!! I'm old enough to have been on AC's DC-9s, but I was 10.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by tireman77
Delta's domestic market is 300 million people strong. Wouldn't you say its easier to stick to your own thing with that many potential customers. I don't think Spirit and Allegiant would work in a Canadian Domestic market either...
Sure, with the current taxation rates, ULCCs aren't viable in Canada, but the millions of passengers that fly with G4 and NK from cross-border airports each year prove that there's a market out there.

Delta should be operating at a high profit level. They are flying one of the oldest fleets in the nation, with MD-80s and used 717s from Air tran. I believe they only recently retired its last DC-9 in January. It was built in the 70s!!!! I'm old enough to have been on AC's DC-9s, but I was 10.
But the fuel costs are higher on those older frames, so it should even out to some degree.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
As for Westjet going to Europe, is there a J cabin on those? I guess higher fares aren't aren't Paid J or business people connecting through Europe on an alliance then?
From Canada, the market of business people who don't fly J is huge - Probably larger than the flyers who can fly J.

I'm one of them, along with everyone I know who flies on business, with the exception of one guy.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
Can anyone comment on how the bulkhead Y seats are on the Rouge 767?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I was flying YUL-AZS last saturday. To my surprise, it was still a ML.

Upon landing after a very normal uneventful flight, about 40% of the passengers started applauding.

I suggest that: Unless the flight was in some sort of emergency or delayed more than 12 hours, if people on the flight applaud upon landing, it should be immediately Rouged...
Bwahahaha! +1000!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by opethfan
Sure, with the current taxation rates, ULCCs aren't viable in Canada, but the millions of passengers that fly with G4 and NK from cross-border airports each year prove that there's a market out there.

But the fuel costs are higher on those older frames, so it should even out to some degree.
My point was you cannot compare DL/UA/AA with AC just like you cannot compare SQ/EK with AC. The only airline that comes to mind with similar geographic/demographic market is QF. Maybe LAN before their merger with TAM.

I agree that there is a market for ULCCs poaching into Canada, but I believe I said ULCCs could not survive in the domestic Canadian market, not from Canada to the US or sun destinations. Isn't this another reason for Rouge to emerge?.

There will always be room for a more structured mainline service and a UCC and a bunch of niche airlines in a market of 300 million. Just not in a market of 30 million that is bigger geographically than the US.

I respect your decision to fly DL and that you appreciate it, but I believe anybody still flying MD80s today deserves to be relegated with the Central African airlines and Allegiants of this world who still operating those gas guzzling, ill designed junk boxes.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by gglave
From Canada, the market of business people who don't fly J is huge - Probably larger than the flyers who can fly J.

I'm one of them, along with everyone I know who flies on business, with the exception of one guy.
I totally agree with you. Indeed the Y market is certainly bigger. However, I was responding to a previous poster's remark that AC is looking downmarket with Rouge, while Westjet is looking to go towards higher fares with their flights to Europe.

I was trying to describe that Westjet's move to Europe is mirroring their current offering and not moving upmarket towards higher fares. People who fly J and people who fly Y for business and connect through other carriers in the *A network to Europe is not the market Westjet will steal from AC with their move into Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.