Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by 24left
LOL, look what I see now. (Yes, I know there is an explanation, but I couldn't resist posting)

(for future reference, time is approx 15:00 ET)

This aircraft had a mechanical issue in YVR Sunday night. This turned out well for me, because my flight to Las Vegas on Monday was switched to mainline (787-9).
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
This aircraft had a mechanical issue in YVR Sunday night. This turned out well for me, because my flight to Las Vegas on Monday was switched to mainline (787-9).
The most luck you will get at/to LV?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by acysb87
The most luck you will get at/to LV?
Depends... go from J on ACr 763 to J on AC 789, definitely winning. But go from Y on ACr 763 to Y on AC 789? That's like rolling snakeyes
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ffsim
Depends... go from J on ACr 763 to J on AC 789, definitely winning. But go from Y on ACr 763 to Y on AC 789? That's like rolling snakeyes
I was in J, but even if you were in Y, you could grab a PY seat and that is a good bonus. I would think it's more like rolling the pass line.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
Based on this discussion, I've decided to maintain my Rouge virginity. I'll book on a US carrier that offers a front cabin seat that won't torture me on the way home to YVR. What a waste of a 767 - Canada's only widebody aircraft flying to the Hawaiian islands.
Sure, if you don't count WestJet's 4 767s with similar Rouge seating.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question Rouge and Air Canada

Spoke to a Rouge FA and discovered they were promised at time of hire a transition to AC mainline. Now, it appears highly unlikely the promise will be kept.

The 2015 CUPE agreement establishes a hard cap of 50 Rouge aircraft and seems to contemplate Rouge operating 787. Any update on this....

http://www.purplewave.ca/uploads/5/0...ne_revised.pdf
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Spoke to a Rouge FA and discovered they were promised at time of hire a transition to AC mainline. Now, it appears highly unlikely the promise will be kept.

The 2015 CUPE agreement establishes a hard cap of 50 Rouge aircraft and seems to contemplate Rouge operating 787. Any update on this....
pdf[/url]
I was told that he pilots were holding AC back from replacing the 767 with 787 on Rouge. AC pilots have a problem with the 787 because of their range.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: AC 75K
rouge can only operate the 767 for their widebody aircraft until all 37 787s on order are delivered to mainline.

Calin has hinted he would like to open up discussions with the pilots to change the cap, but there have been no updates, at least made publicly.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
rouge can only operate the 767 for their widebody aircraft until all 37 787s on order are delivered to mainline.

Calin has hinted he would like to open up discussions with the pilots to change the cap, but there have been no updates, at least made publicly.
AC has more 767s to transfer from mainline to rouge even after the cap (50), unless some of them need to be retired. Seems odd to me to have a small contingent of 787s with rouge that would make aircraft swaps more difficult.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yvr76
AC has more 767s to transfer from mainline to rouge even after the cap (50), unless some of them need to be retired. Seems odd to me to have a small contingent of 787s with rouge that would make aircraft swaps more difficult.
I would think easier. If Rouge replaced all their 767's with 787's, it would be easier for AC to swap in mainline if need. Also, AC would have to carry parts for 1 less aircraft type. Rouges 787's would be a new order.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a question about the entertainment app downloaded on ipad.

Does the app also have map feature?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat

http://www.purplewave.ca/uploads/5/0...ne_revised.pdf
Where does it say that they cannot transfer ? According to a Rouge FA, when they are eligible for transfer to mainline, they would be the lowest grade which is why they do not transfer. They would essentially lose all seniority and start at the bottom with no guarantees of hours and likely no long haul.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by airbus320

It does not. Or if it does, I haven't found how to display it.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by After Burner
I've done it a couple of times, both OGG and HNL. It was awful but not as bad as I imagined it would be. Cockpit crew do a layover in Hawaii. Cabin crew deadhead from YVR and work the return flight, so they're not in great form.
I'm sitting in 1H on AC 1831 now. It's still awful. Oh well, only 6:18 left to go......
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by airbus320

No, I've asked. Miss it. Pilots don't seem to describe the route anymore, either. If it's a route I know we'll, I can make things out if visibility is okay but really like the maps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.