Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ScGhost0
It's definitely more of a problem for those not connecting to one of the larger airports in the east (YUL, YHZ, etc) from a time perspective.
First time I've heard YHZ referred to as a larger airport, except in their marketing materials. But I supposed it is the connecting point to catch a prop plane to the smaller eastern airports. This change in timing could make it harder to get from YYJ to some place like YQY.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by dudestir
Wasn't impressed to see my direct flight east is being rouged!

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/lo...ute-1.10019525

Also see the departure time shifting is a pain. With the old 0600 I could arrive in time to have dinner and see a game or concert the night before meetings, the mid day departure takes that away.

BTW, I posted this upthread on Jan 24:

Originally Posted by 24left
Just saw this on AC.com.

Looking forward to the speculation.

(wonder if it's time to change the wiki...lol)

Attached Images  
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:09 am

BTW, I posted this upthread on Jan 24:
You didn't post the fares.

Was it the same fare on the two flights, mainline vs. AC rouge - no difference?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Clipper801

Post #6918 on Jan 24, right after mine

Originally Posted by smallmj
Are the prices the same? I just checked and they are. Colour me shocked.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite

Why would you anticipate a difference? How can you tell by looking at the posted pricing? Is it possible that ACr sells a higher percentage of Tango vs Latitude or flex?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life

Usually the fares are the same or close to the same. The difference is the operational cost for AC. A lot of Rouge route would have been unprofitable with AC mainline service.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:46 am
Suspended

Just went through April and May and it appears Rouge YYZ-YYJ starts May 1

Attached Images   

Last edited by 24left; Feb 18, 2017 at 10:28 am Reason: eigenvector catches the error, saves the day!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Usually the fares are the same or close to the same. The difference is the operational cost for AC. A lot of Rouge route would have been unprofitable with AC mainline service.
Correct. In other words, AC makes more money by offering its customers a lousier experiences while not passing along any of the associated changes by switching to ACr.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Just went through April and May and it appears Rouge YYZ-YVR starts May 1

YYJ not YVR! I almost choked on my coffee there!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by eigenvector
YYJ not YVR! I almost choked on my coffee there!
lol, bad habit always flying YYZ-YVR

thanks for noticing and not choking.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ffsim
Correct. In other words, AC makes more money by offering its customers a lousier experiences while not passing along any of the associated changes by switching to ACr.
I would think it's not about making more money, but making some money, instead of losing money with mainline.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I would think it's not about making more money, but making some money, instead of losing money with mainline.
You think AC ran those leisure routes at a loss? No way. Even back when the Bens were around, they clearly said that certain routes didn't meet their profitability expectations. Making more profit with ACr doesn't mean they made no (or negative) profit previously.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ffsim
You think AC ran those leisure routes at a loss? No way. Even back when the Bens were around, they clearly said that certain routes didn't meet their profitability expectations. Making more profit with ACr doesn't mean they made no (or negative) profit previously.
A lot of AC leisure routes ran as a loss. All airlines have routes that run losses, for many reasons. Also, Rouge opened a lot of new route that would have never happened on mainline.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
HNL flight reports? Crewing?

I'm considering taking the plunge and booking my first Rouge flight (Premium) HNL-YVR for next Christmas. It's half the price of flying United through SFO.

I haven't read through this entire thread, but in the recent pages, I haven't seen any reports of travel on the 767 to/from HNL. I did read "Lucky's" blog about TPA-YYZ on a 767 in Premium Rouge, and it sounded bearable.

I also wonder whether they schedule one set of pilots do a return trip YVR-HNL-YVR, as Harmony Airways did once upon a time? Not sure I'd like to be aboard for landing in a snowstorm at YVR with a crew that's been on duty for twelve or more hours.
Any experiences from this route would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by transportprof
I'm considering taking the plunge and booking my first Rouge flight (Premium) HNL-YVR for next Christmas. It's half the price of flying United through SFO.

I haven't read through this entire thread, but in the recent pages, I haven't seen any reports of travel on the 767 to/from HNL. I did read "Lucky's" blog about TPA-YYZ on a 767 in Premium Rouge, and it sounded bearable.

I also wonder whether they schedule one set of pilots do a return trip YVR-HNL-YVR, as Harmony Airways did once upon a time? Not sure I'd like to be aboard for landing in a snowstorm at YVR with a crew that's been on duty for twelve or more hours.
Any experiences from this route would be much appreciated.
I've done it a couple of times, both OGG and HNL. It was awful but not as bad as I imagined it would be. Cockpit crew do a layover in Hawaii. Cabin crew deadhead from YVR and work the return flight, so they're not in great form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.