FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   A special offer for the Holiday Season (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1416050-special-offer-holiday-season.html)

Air Canada Altitude Dec 10, 2012 3:27 pm

A special offer for the Holiday Season

Before many of you head out for your holiday journeys, we wanted to give you the opportunity to request your upgrade even further ahead of time.

As a special bonus for the holiday season, all Top Tier members will have an expanded eUpgrades booking window. It’s applicable to upgrade requests made between December 10 and December 30, 2012, when traveling with a Tango Plus fare on all flights operated by Air Canada or Air Canada Express. (Yes... that's all flights - including international!)

The expanded upgrade window will be as follows:
Air Canada Super Elite - Within 14 days of departure date
Air Canada Elite - Within 7 days of departure date
Air Canada Prestige - Within 4 days of departure date
As always, you can request your eUpgrade online at aircanada.com/upgrade, by calling Air Canada Reservations or your travel agent. Note that there will be no changes to the number of eUpgrade Credits required - only the booking window.

RCyyz Dec 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Very generous. Thank you!^

The Lev Dec 10, 2012 3:31 pm

... and for this period we have eliminated our normal practice of zeroing out R inventory prior to the upggrade window opening. :p

Anyway, nice jesture ACTT at a time when there should be plenty of availability. ^

YYZC2 Dec 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Nice! Just took advantage.

Tigersan Dec 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Unexpected at all. Thanks.

Dorian Dec 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Very cool. Wish it applied to me.

Would be a good opportunity to use a T+ Flight Pass....

agjil Dec 10, 2012 3:46 pm

"It’s applicable to upgrade requests made between December 10 and December 30, 2012"

If I have a flight on Jan. 6, does this mean I can still request an upgrade for this flight on Dec. 30? (I am AC E)

gcashin Dec 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Great news! Just confirmed my upgrade to LHR for next weekend!

drdrma Dec 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Could someone help me understand how this helps?

Dorian Dec 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by drdrma (Post 19831755)
Could someone help me understand how this helps?

Ummm.....you get to request an upgrade earlier....and possibly avoid the R Games!

morphius909 Dec 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Oh god oh god logging in now!!!

BlondeBomber Dec 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Cool-made it easy to use my wife's Elite account and her expiring credits for my next upgrade!^ She is done collecting status miles this year and flying on Aeroplan reward ticket (from her account too^) up front.

drdrma Dec 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dorian (Post 19831758)
Ummm.....you get to request an upgrade earlier....and possibly avoid the R Games!

But everyone can request earlier, hence the exact same problem of limited supply.

nave888 Dec 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Nice perk. Too bad I just used my last credits on a transcon :(

morphius909 Dec 10, 2012 4:14 pm

YYC-LAX--> Waitlisted (UGH) (on AC.Com, looks like eight revenue seats remain ...Sat the 15th, 8am departure AC 568)
LAX-YVR --> Success
YVR-YEG--> Success

Common YYC-LAX!