Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

A special offer for the Holiday Season

A special offer for the Holiday Season

Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:08 pm

And they sent email
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:13 pm
alc

Or 3rd item listed on the What's New at the bottom of the page.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
And AC Top Tier posted on FlyerTalk!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:34 pm
alc

Originally Posted by yvr76
And AC Top Tier posted on FlyerTalk!
And here is the thread that yvr76 is referring to:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ay-season.html
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
And you spelled "lousy" wrong!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:59 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
I looked but I clearly missed it. What is interesting is that the requests can be made up to Dec 30 but the flights can be later within the 14 day window.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Did they add more R space for the holidays or is this yet another opportunity to be waitlisted - longer?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:00 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by Lllahim
Did they add more R space for the holidays or is this yet another opportunity to be waitlisted - longer?
At least on the domestic flights, the R place is very plentiful. Seen upgrades clear that would not have other times of the year. Was helping someone update and for example saw some yyz-yeg flights that we were J8 R7.

Also just also saw on Dec-26 that AC873 FRA-YYZ is J7R7 (also Y0) so definitely trying to use the R space to clear up Y on over solds for international.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: AC E50K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, SPG, Fairmont PC
Merry Christmas and THANKS AC! Also appreciated the notification of the promo on FT, which is where I discovered it before the email came out. Probably would have missed it completely on the AC home page.

While the airline clearly stands to benefit from this as well as described above, in my case it's a win-win situation. My daughter and I were very happy to have our LHR-YYC upgrades confirmed at T-7. Much nicer than Aerolotto at the gate. And while I was already in London when the promotion began (with a successful upgrade), she also enjoyed an immediate upgrade on request for her YUL-LHR flight. Sure, we're burning credits which we maybe wouldn't have had to "spend", but they're expiring soon anyway and this was our best and perhaps only opportunity to use them.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Air Canada Top Tier
Before many of you head out for your holiday journeys, we wanted to give you the opportunity to request your upgrade even further ahead of time.

As a special bonus for the holiday season, all Top Tier members will have an expanded eUpgrades booking window. Its applicable to upgrade requests made between December 10 and December 30, 2012, when traveling with a Tango Plus fare on all flights operated by Air Canada or Air Canada Express. (Yes... that's all flights - including international!)

The expanded upgrade window will be as follows:
Air Canada Super Elite - Within 14 days of departure date
Air Canada Elite - Within 7 days of departure date
Air Canada Prestige - Within 4 days of departure date
As always, you can request your eUpgrade online at aircanada.com/upgrade, by calling Air Canada Reservations or your travel agent. Note that there will be no changes to the number of eUpgrade Credits required - only the booking window.
Did this promo replace the 50% eUpgrade cert they used to offer/at Christmas and summer for domestic? If so, it is big deal unless accompanied with more R-space. That said, I like the idea that I can upgrade to LHR both ways before departure.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Took adv of this at the 14 day window for a YYZ LHR on Dec 27. Friggin love it!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA MP
14 day upgrade window???

Just saw this. It's a T+ ticket. Is it AC IT, or is it some kind of unannounced promo?

Old Dec 27, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
It was announced earlier in December:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a...ade_promo.html
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by g46r
Just saw this. It's a T+ ticket. Is it AC IT, or is it some kind of unannounced promo?

It will go back to the normal 7 day window for SEs though after the 30th.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 7:29 pm

Requested upgrade on AC33 approx. 90 mins after the Super Elite upgrade window "opened". Have over 110 e-upgrades in the account. Even with the front showing at least 20 empty seats (yes, I'm aware of the fact this is not necessarily a true picture of the load), was immediately waitlisted. Hmmmmmm........ Charli

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.