Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

A special offer for the Holiday Season

A special offer for the Holiday Season

Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: CX Gold, AC Elite, SPG, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
Good question.
Does this end for all flights departing YYZ time prior to 11:59PM January 6th?
Or must you fly before December 30?

Originally Posted by agjil
"It’s applicable to upgrade requests made between December 10 and December 30, 2012"

If I have a flight on Jan. 6, does this mean I can still request an upgrade for this flight on Dec. 30? (I am AC E)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:33 am
Posting Legend, Moderator, Manufactured Spending

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a...ade_promo.html
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by trolly2012
Good question.
Does this end for all flights departing YYZ time prior to 11:59PM January 6th?
Or must you fly before December 30?
It's pretty clear, it's the upgrade window. So if you are an Elite you get 11:59 January 6th and SE gets 11:59 January 13th. Too bad I only have two flights in that window that I want to upgrade and one of them is zeroed out.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Happy to see this! I've got a trip to London this weekend with Mrs. Tax Dude so was able to clear out her this-year's eUpgrade points and confirm upgrades for us in both directions. It took a bit of wiggling to make it happen since I had already upgraded yesterday morning with my (SE) points right at the 7-day window for the return. I had to call, get un-upgraded, then re-upgrade with her (E) points. Now I've got to find a use for my 59 points that will expire Feb 28th!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Shareholder
...just a shinier lump to con the sheep into thinking they're getting something!
well, this sheep and the rest of my herd say 'thank you'...

Last edited by canolakid; Dec 12, 2012 at 6:31 am
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: CX Gold, AC Elite, SPG, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
Hope they extend the window till the 10th of January!

Originally Posted by canolakid
well, this sheep and the rest of the my herd say 'thank you'...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 2:48 am

Programs: AC AA AF LX
Zrh - yyz - yow

By chance I checked to see if I could upgrade on Dec 10 for a Dec 15 flight and I am wait-listed. Pleasant surprise to be able to request early.

Nice of AC to do this, of course I will likely still be waiting until just before boarding to see if I get upgraded.

Next flight is booked in J so no worry there.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by acysb87
Some here have benefitted from the 14 day window. That is a good thing,no?

Some are getting something. ^
In all likelihood they would still have gotten the upgrade at 7, 4 or 2 days, just reduces any anxieties over confirming upgrade. Still this is utter BS from AC. Better they block centre seats all year round for elites, or reduce the number of upgrade credits needed during holiday time. Those empty J seat are going to be there one week or two weeks in advance. Highly unlikely last-minute J seats are being sold on Christmas Eve or Day or New Years Eve or Day.

Not to mention, it permits AC to move people into the J cabin and have them burn down their eCredits rather than having to give them a Opup because the back cabin has been overbooked. So again this advantages AC in two more ways. More than it benefits us since in most cases SEs and Es would get opups on most of these flights without losing eCredits.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
In all likelihood they would still have gotten the upgrade at 7, 4 or 2 days, just reduces any anxieties over confirming upgrade. Still this is utter BS from AC. Better they block centre seats all year round for elites, or reduce the number of upgrade credits needed during holiday time. Those empty J seat are going to be there one week or two weeks in advance. Highly unlikely last-minute J seats are being sold on Christmas Eve or Day or New Years Eve or Day.

Not to mention, it permits AC to move people into the J cabin and have them burn down their eCredits rather than having to give them a Opup because the back cabin has been overbooked. So again this advantages AC in two more ways. More than it benefits us since in most cases SEs and Es would get opups on most of these flights without losing eCredits.
Reduces anxiety = a + in my book. Burning E-credits that will expire in late February is a +. especially if all those folks burning credits would gift them to friends when I plan a MR in January

If both groups get a benefit,still better than no one getting an advantage.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: AC*SE
I just got miles posted from flights a couple of weeks ago that now move me from 'E' to 'SE'. I have a flight from LHR to Halifax booked for Dec. 27th. If I call Air Canada and get them to remove my Aeroplan number and then add it again to my booking does anyone know if I will be able to get the 14 day upgrade window? We use a TA so I can't do much myself. Thanks in advance!!!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
if your account on Aeroplan.com doesn't say you are superelite, then you aren't one. Removing and adding back number won't help. Phone Aeroplan and find out if you are listed as SE if you aren't sure. Sometimes the sweep happens the next Sunday after miles post.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
and it shouldn't matter if your travel agent made the booking. you can still upgrade online through AC.com as long as you have Air Canada's booking reference number (not just your travel agent's number)
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: AC*SE
Thank you AC for this promo! Just discovered this by accident (was waiting for the normal 7day SE window to upgrade my husband's SAN-YYZ flight next week) and was surprised to see it already available. So I was able to upgrade both his Dec20 flight, AND the Dec25 return. Thanks!! Makes it so much less stressful not having to play the refresh button game at T-7...
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:00 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Upgrades during Holidays at 14 days for SE??

Thanks to a fellow member who told me about the short term 14 day u/g rule over the Xmas period which pertains as I just found out to flights up to 14 days after the Dec 30 closing of this benefit. I just u/g my YOW-GRU flight on Jan 1 successfully. My return on Jan 11, I can do 14 days in advance as early as Dec 28 which is perfect.

But my question is where was this information provided? I can find nothing on the AC or AE websites and I do not recall receiving any information on it otherwise I would have been all over it. If my friend had not told me I would be still waiting for the regular 7 day window.

I find this a great offer but losey service of not informing the top tier members of these benefits. Why is there nothing on the websites?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: AC S100K / AC-2MM
On their website:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a...ade_promo.html

It's under the "What's New" section.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.