Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

A special offer for the Holiday Season

A special offer for the Holiday Season

Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: Free Agent
This gesture is much appreciated- AC, please keep rewarding the pursuit of status with these status related promotions vs giving away AE- love, love the bonus status miles for international travel and now this.

Merry Christmas and safe travels to/from your holiday travels.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Great initiative ACTT and very much appreciated. I have a flight returning from SYD on Jan 13th... Right within the 14 days! Hope it will help.
If R0 stays at -7 that will be a real benefit

Is each TT members will receive a mail about this or it is just for FT?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Thanks for the heads up! And ^ for having R space available on SYD-YVR 9 days out that I just took advantage of!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Looks like my YVR - LAX flight is completely oversold just before Christmas. Actually, every non-stop flight that day on AC is oversold - There is only one more ticket for sale that entire day, and on AC550.

I doubt my upgrade will come through, even with the T-14 advance upgrade request.

Last edited by Jebby_ca; Dec 10, 2012 at 9:39 pm
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:09 pm

A) so what? you don't know if it takes until the gate
B) how early on you try to upgrade doesn't seem to matter much.
C)no one understands the upgrade process including the gate people
D) Leaving the year with the same eups i started with doesn't encourage me to stay in the program so having 75 orphaned eups at the end of the year is just ironic
E) As an only international traveler(no domestic) the air canada rewards system is no longer benefital with the eupgrades only applying to tango plus. businesses won't pay for it nor the government.

Although it is interesting you never actually reply to any of these huge concerns by, I am guessing, the majority of the people who are in the program
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
How about people starting posting success/failure stories here on this forum during the bonus period? Unfortunately I have no travel plans rest of year. Just made my 80K for Altitude 75K, don't plan to hit 20K more on a YYZ-NRT MR to make SE. Maybe now is not a bad idea to plan for one with the T-7 for E! LOL
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:35 pm

* My wife was 0/24 on her YYZ/YYC weekly route
* I was 1/12 on my YYZ/YYC-YEG route
* 1 successful upgrade LHR-YEG

Tons of credits expiring and both nominee slots used up.

Oh well - nice gesture from Air Canada.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:46 pm

I have a YEG - MAN trip next week, but as usual I won't know the flights till at most 2 days beforehand, so this won't help me.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: CX Gold, AC Elite, SPG, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
I took advantage of UG one day earlier than planned and "H" fare difference to "H" fare was $108 and change fee for a day was $375 -- OW UG for $480 additional.
Need the sleep :P
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
As some others have noted, J cabins start going half empty through the holiday period so no loss to AC. In fact, upgrading -- or monitoring the requests for upgrading -- far out allows AC to oversell the economy cabin knowing who it will move up...and not as opups but with eUpgrades. So this is more of a benefit to AC than it is to us.

Not to mention that in past holiday periods, AC reduced the required number of upgrade credits required by about half. They haven't been doing this in the past year...so again, another lump of coal from AC...just a shinier lump to con the sheep into thinking they're getting something!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
As some others have noted, J cabins start going half empty through the holiday period so no loss to AC. In fact, upgrading -- or monitoring the requests for upgrading -- far out allows AC to oversell the economy cabin knowing who it will move up...and not as opups but with eUpgrades. So this is more of a benefit to AC than it is to us.

Not to mention that in past holiday periods, AC reduced the required number of upgrade credits required by about half. They haven't been doing this in the past year...so again, another lump of coal from AC...just a shinier lump to con the sheep into thinking they're getting something!
Some here have benefitted from the 14 day window. That is a good thing,no?

Some are getting something. ^
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:08 am

I would like to use this option, Though I cant as I have no credits left however I am entitled to enough to pass the threshold however as usual some IT has some issue and I doubt the credit will appear by the end of the week for me to us them.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: AC Prestige
Originally Posted by Air Canada Top Tier
Its applicable to upgrade requests made between December 10 and December 30, 2012, when traveling with a Tango Plus fare on all flights operated by Air Canada or Air Canada Express. (Yes... that's all flights - including international!)

The expanded upgrade window will be as follows:
Air Canada Super Elite - Within 14 days of departure date
Air Canada Elite - Within 7 days of departure date
Air Canada Prestige - Within 4 days of departure date
Just curious... does this wording mean that under this promotion as a Prestige member I can now apply to e-upgrade an international (overseas) Tango Plus fare?

When I go to AC.com to look at my upcoming overseas T+ flight it still tells me that my 'purchased fare class for this flight does not allow for upgrades'

Are there any online links to this promotion that I can refer to?

Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ette
Just curious... does this wording mean that under this promotion as a Prestige member I can now apply to e-upgrade an international (overseas) Tango Plus fare?

When I go to AC.com to look at my upcoming overseas T+ flight it still tells me that my 'purchased fare class for this flight does not allow for upgrades'

Are there any online links to this promotion that I can refer to?

Thanks.
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Afaik only the upgrade window changed, not all the various other conditions, so Prestige members still wouldnt be able to upgrade intl flights (except when booked i Y/B/M)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: AC Prestige
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Afaik only the upgrade window changed, not all the various other conditions, so Prestige members still wouldnt be able to upgrade intl flights (except when booked i Y/B/M)
Thanks for the quick reply -- yep, that is understandable. I think the wording ("including international!") just got my hopes up a little

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.