Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC.com Charges an Additional $25 for No Reason

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

I just booked a transborder one-way to YYZ on AC.com for travel during the holidays. I've booked a million tickets on AC.com so I know the process pretty well.

Got the ticket purchased and selected preferred seats (I am SE).

Post-seat selection I get to the Itinerary screen and get this:

Note the $25 "Options" item on the right hand side... and yes, I'm sure I didn't purchase OMW, lounge access or insurance.

All my e-mails from AC, including the pre- and post-seat selection confirmations, quote the correct price.

I figure this is a bug displaying the preferred seat charge, while the underlying fees are not actually getting charged, but I'm not positive.

Any ideas?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Air Canada needs the money and was hoping you would not notice?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by YYZC2
I just booked a transborder one-way to YYZ on AC.com for travel during the holidays. I've booked a million tickets on AC.com so I know the process pretty well.

Got the ticket purchased and selected preferred seats (I am SE).

Post-seat selection I get to the Itinerary screen and get this:

Note the $25 "Options" item on the right hand side... and yes, I'm sure I didn't purchase OMW, lounge access or insurance.

All my e-mails from AC, including the pre- and post-seat selection confirmations, quote the correct price.

I figure this is a bug displaying the preferred seat charge, while the underlying fees are not actually getting charged, but I'm not positive.

Any ideas?
I believe this is a known glitch in the preferred seat selection.

It shows you getting charged but in reality you won't be. Check your CC to double check.

A lot of people, including myself, have booked recently and have seen this and had heartattacks but AC knows about this AND your CC should be charge free.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
yes-I have had discussions with SE desk about this and still hasn't been fixed. It is alarming to see but doesn't affect your actual credit card charge.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

I knew I would get an answer here. Thanks all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.