Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flights more expensive on the AC app than on line!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights more expensive on the AC app than on line!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I figured out that the prices on the app were $274 and $204 for my flights, while they were $269 and $199 respectively online.

A new low for AC with their nickel and diming.
I believe Apple take a cut of 'in app' purchases. Perhaps that's what you're seeing.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Some of you may recall that several months Ago there was a published report that showed customers who used an Apple product to purchase on-line actual paid more for things. It was based on the fact that Apple users simply pay more as their demographics places them in that category. I am a PC user so I am cheap, I pay less.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by CZBB
I believe Apple take a cut of 'in app' purchases. Perhaps that's what you're seeing.
No.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by CZBB
Not in this case. Only when it's done through Apple's system. This is purchasing a product through an app, not an addition to the app itself.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:46 pm

The ITA Matrix website and App (http://matrix.itasoftware.com) can be useful tools to get an independent price. To get the best price search strategy does matter (e.g., airlines/alliance/stop over cities/number of stops). The amount of options for most 1- or more stop routes is so large that the algorithm used by the search engines (airline websites, expedia, ITA, etc.) will colour the results. The advantage of ITA is that once you get a hang of its underwater codes you can direct the engine to specific results.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Not in this case. Only when it's done through Apple's system. This is purchasing a product through an app, not an addition to the app itself.
Haha, Apple takes a 30% cut. If they were taking a slice of this airfare you'd be really really disappointed with the pricing, not just a bit miffed

Originally Posted by Zaynab
The ITA Matrix website and App (http://matrix.itasoftware.com) can be useful tools to get an independent price. To get the best price search strategy does matter (e.g., airlines/alliance/stop over cities/number of stops). The amount of options for most 1- or more stop routes is so large that the algorithm used by the search engines (airline websites, expedia, ITA, etc.) will colour the results. The advantage of ITA is that once you get a hang of its underwater codes you can direct the engine to specific results.
Then if you get AC fare basis codes you can just call AC reservations and get them to book it for you for free, regardless of whether the flights are codeshares or not.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Oh yes! Tried to cancel the flight I booked last night on the app and cannot cancel on the app or online. I'm in ZRH using my iPad and don't have Skype loaded, so had to email a friend in Cda to call in and cancel my reservation.

AC you are so hopeless.
Your friend was more than willing to assist
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by huntk
Your friend was more than willing to assist
Sorry, that should have been husband.

huntk was fixing my flights once again while I was in the air. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.