Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Onboard Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

I haven't submitted that yet, but yes, an open offer to pay all dry cleaning expenses.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: AC SE
I filled out a green card today for a malfunctioning IFE...anyone with recent experience on how long it takes to hear back from AC for these submissions?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:58 am
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by t_rex
I filled out a green card today for a malfunctioning IFE...anyone with recent experience on how long it takes to hear back from AC for these submissions?
3 to 4 weeks usually.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Needle Hill
Here are the compensations I got in the last few years in chronological order:

failed IFE on a 15 hours flight in J: $200 voucher
failed IFE on a 4 hours flight in J: $150 voucher
another failed IFE on a 15 hours flight in J: 5% off next travel
failed pod on a 15 hours flight in J: $5% off next travel
response to medical emergency: 20,000 status miles.
Amounts quoted are from a couple years ago. Looks like the compensation amounts have gone down? Just got some ETCs from AC for non-functional IFE from YVR-SYD.

Mr. YVR (S100K, paid Z fare) - $100
Mrs. YVR (E35K, Aeroplan reward) - $100

I guess something is better than nothing, but on a $6000 fare, I guess I was hoping for that $200 voucher or a 15% off code.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yvr76
a 15% off code.
And don't forget, that's only % off the base fare, not the total cost.
A few posts in the other thread made issue of this and that where you pro-rate against the total ticket cost, the % discount is nowhere near the amount offered.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I had a malfunctioning IFE on a YYZ-LAX flight recently, and got 2000 miles for the trouble.

No notification or anything of that sort; happened to stumble upon it as I was doing my monthly mileage balance check/toaster research.

Originally Posted by t_rex
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
....happened to stumble upon it as I was doing my monthly mileage balance check/toaster research.

not a toaster, but "on sale"

Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I had a malfunctioning IFE on a YYZ-LAX flight recently, and got 2000 miles for the trouble.

No notification or anything of that sort; happened to stumble upon it as I was doing my monthly mileage balance check/toaster research.
Another pax had a defunct IFE from YYZ to YYC (I was in J) FA asked if anyone would be so kind to switch. I offered as it was also an aisle seat 5000 miles.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Another pax had a defunct IFE from YYZ to YYC (I was in J) FA asked if anyone would be so kind to switch. I offered as it was also an aisle seat 5000 miles.
That doesn't seem like a bad switch! The FA was probably a lot nicer to you when it came to drinks as well.

I've had a broken IFE from YVR to YWG in J, and they offered me 2000 miles and a $50 AC gift card.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Yyttraveler
That doesn't seem like a bad switch! The FA was probably a lot nicer to you when it came to drinks as well.

I've had a broken IFE from YVR to YWG in J, and they offered me 2000 miles and a $50 AC gift card.
Wait, you got a gift card out of it too? I mean, I'll take the 5000, but I've never seen/read anyone who got a gift card? Maybe it's just me.

And yes, she was. AND - I got to sit in front of Bruce C. from Dragon's Den (mainly the reason I switched in the first place. Got his autograph too - I know, tacky)
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Wait, you got a gift card out of it too? I mean, I'll take the 5000, but I've never seen/read anyone who got a gift card? Maybe it's just me.

And yes, she was. AND - I got to sit in front of Bruce C. from Dragon's Den (mainly the reason I switched in the first place. Got his autograph too - I know, tacky)
Yeah I got a physical $50 gift card in the mail. All it said was something along the lines like "Sorry for letting you down." It didn't specify but I assume it was for the IFE.

Win-win situation for you overall! You should have asked for a selfie for ultimate tackiness.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
It would have been nice to get 5000 miles and a gift card, but it's good enough for a short-ish flight. What I didn't mention to the AC customer service was that I slept most of the flight anyway, so I didn't miss much.

Originally Posted by Yyttraveler

Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Looks like not much changed......

Few years back the entire plane's IFE was out of the order and we each rec'd a 5% off base fare coupon going to HKG. What a joke!

Last Nov, z-fare with broken business class seat unable to recline from HKG to YVR. Waited 2 months for their email reply (they must be very busy!) and the offer was only CAD$500 travel cert. I was very disappointed at this "goodwill", but after reading this, I think I did better than others.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: SE 100K
These mysterious green forms... must you request them if you have an issue then?

Just ask the FA for a green compensation form?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Sometimes they offer them, but if they don't, I just politely ask for a form.

Which reminds me, I filled one out on Feb 20, and still haven't received a reply. Sigh, nothing ever changes at AC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.