Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Onboard Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:35 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Good grief. I never ask for miles. Always ask for cash on those green forms. I have never received less than $50 and often $75-100. Once for a broken seat on an int'l flight, I got $500.

You can buy miles from AC for $0.03, so 1000 miles is $30 if you were buying them, which no one in their right mind would do.

OP, this compensation is completely inadequate and a slap in the face for the discomfort you endured.

yvr76, the green form states what the problem is.
Totally agree with Margarita Girl......unless the miles were STATUS miles!

Years ago, AC gave out dry cleaning credits.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
You can get 25,000 or more miles by signing up for a credit card where fees are waived for the first year. i.e. You can get 25K miles for $0.

Gives you an idea of how much AC's 1000 mile offer is worth in this case.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If I had some water spilled on me, I'd ask for a towel (but I'd accept anything offered).

If something like orange juice was spilled on me... that's another matter. I often don't bring more than the exact clothes I'll need on short trips, and for me, the inconvenience of getting something (even a t-shirt) cleaned is worth more than the cost of it.
Actually, a towel was all I asked for. I didn't care too much about the pants as I was going to throw them in the wash when I got home anyways. The SD insisted that I fill out the card, and I'm not one to turn down the offer of free money.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:59 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by RCyyz
You can get 25,000 or more miles by signing up for a credit card where fees are waived for the first year. i.e. You can get 25K miles for $0.

Gives you an idea of how much AC's 1000 mile offer is worth in this case.
BINGO. You are so correct.

A 1,000 AE non status miles bonus is zip all. I would never accept that.

Mind you UAL gets away with 500 miles bonus when things go terribly wrong and most suckers accept that as something good. But you have to be a UAL MP member which I am not and hence on recent flights from IAD to PEK in J, where I had problems I got zip all from UAL.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Originally Posted by YQMer
The one I filled out a few weeks ago made me choose between AE miles and a "future travel credit".
$500 future travel credit received today.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC, SWA, AA, NWA, EVA
I had a recent flight in J and we lost the video. I was compensated with a 5% discount coupon.

Years ago, I was on a Pan Am coach flight and the FA dropped an entire tray of lemonade on me. Things happen, so I didn't ...... The other FAs said I should ask to go to first class. I didn't push for first class, but I got a nice bottle of wine and had lots of entertainment while the FA that dropped the tray was demonstrating to me that club soda was like dry cleaning, as the other FAs passed by and made a series of risque jokes while I was scrubbed.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by coxta
I had a recent flight in J and we lost the video. I was compensated with a 5% discount coupon.

Years ago, I was on a Pan Am coach flight and the FA dropped an entire tray of lemonade on me. Things happen, so I didn't ...... The other FAs said I should ask to go to first class. I didn't push for first class, but I got a nice bottle of wine and had lots of entertainment while the FA that dropped the tray was demonstrating to me that club soda was like dry cleaning, as the other FAs passed by and made a series of risque jokes while I was scrubbed.
Wow PAN AM's response seems almost as pathetic as AC's. No wonder they went kaput...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Damn, I had an FA bump into my arm and spilled drink on me and they were going to write it up but I was almost home anyway so did not ask for compensation and told them it was fine. I guess I snoozed and I lost lol
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: AC, SWA, AA, NWA, EVA
I was on a bereavement flight one time and fell asleep on the morning leg to my destination after a redeye flight. We hit turbulence and I jerked awake and tossed my drink (non-alcoholic) on the fellow next to me. He was visably upset and I after I apologized and let him set for a while, I reached into my wallet and pulled out a $20 as compensation for his dry cleaning. He immediately became more civil and friendly and would not take the money. He told me he learned a long time ago not to wear his finest clothes on an airplane because - things happen!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by coxta
I was on a bereavement flight one time and fell asleep on the morning leg to my destination after a redeye flight. We hit turbulence and I jerked awake and tossed my drink (non-alcoholic) on the fellow next to me. He was visably upset and I after I apologized and let him set for a while, I reached into my wallet and pulled out a $20 as compensation for his dry cleaning. He immediately became more civil and friendly and would not take the money. He told me he learned a long time ago not to wear his finest clothes on an airplane because - things happen!
That's class act on your part! Hope if in my flying future I'm ever destined to be spilled anything on to, I'm seating next to you!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 8:24 am
Original Poster

For the sake of following up on a thread I started. I brought my complaint through the traditional channels and as suggested here, and after a couple weeks wait received a reply which suggested that the compensation offered (first 1,000 miles, then 15% coupon) was within parameters, was final, and that any further correspondence would not change that. I decided to email Calvin Rovinescu to let the executive office know my displeasure, and received a personal and prompt reply from one of his associates. Final compensation included both miles (+5k more) and a coupon. Disappointed it required this much effort to get proper attention, but I do feel satisfied.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: Altitude SEMM
Received a blue card for a flight on November 2 on which the IFE was not working. However, the link provided on the card (http://www.aircanada.com/customerrelations/service) no longer seems to be working. Is there another link that works?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:52 am
alc

Originally Posted by Livyer
Received a blue card for a flight on November 2 on which the IFE was not working. However, the link provided on the card (http://www.aircanada.com/customerrelations/service) no longer seems to be working. Is there another link that works?
I just click on your link and it re-direct me to the following

http://help-aircanada.com/aircanada/...p_sid=1RINX9dl
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: Altitude SEMM
Originally Posted by alc
I just click on your link and it re-direct me to the following

http://help-aircanada.com/aircanada/...p_sid=1RINX9dl
Weird, it works for me now as well, but did not work earlier today or yesterday. Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by cjavan
For the sake of following up on a thread I started. I brought my complaint through the traditional channels and as suggested here, and after a couple weeks wait received a reply which suggested that the compensation offered (first 1,000 miles, then 15% coupon) was within parameters, was final, and that any further correspondence would not change that. I decided to email Calvin Rovinescu to let the executive office know my displeasure, and received a personal and prompt reply from one of his associates. Final compensation included both miles (+5k more) and a coupon. Disappointed it required this much effort to get proper attention, but I do feel satisfied.
Is that on top of paying for your laundry/dry cleaning bill? It's still a meager amount IMO if they don't cover the cost to clean the clothes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.