Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Maple Leaf Lounge opens September 24, 2012 at New York - LaGuardia Airport (LGA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Maple Leaf Lounge opens September 24, 2012 at New York - LaGuardia Airport (LGA)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Review of MLL in LGA for early morning flight

Here is basically a look inside Maple Leaf Lounge for the morning. I got to say I am little disappointed the lounge is located outside of the TSA security, the first AC flight for LGA to YYZ is around 6:10 am (I believe), and the lounge open at 5 AM, so really there is almost no way of using this lounge if you are flying on that first flight home. Another issue is NO hot breakfast.

Anyways, here is a video I posted on YouTube for those of you who are interested.

Overall, I rank it 2.5 * out of 5
Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Charles Huang
Overall, I rank it 2.5 * out of 5
Wow that's generous. Was the bar open for breakfast? that's the only redeeming feature.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Re: open bar

No open bar until noon! I don't believe there is shower either... Also the Wifi at MLL isn't great either!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Charles Huang
No open bar until noon! I don't believe there is shower either... Also the Wifi at MLL isn't great either!
So what made you give it a 2.5/5 or a 50% or a passing grade?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
AC gates and lounge will be moving soon. So expect no improvements.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
then versus now

Four years ago - when this "new" MLL first opened - it was a nice addition (see, for ex. my post #28 ). Now it is nothing special:
- two computers, always in use;
- OK window & otherwise poor lighting;
- walk up bar;
- CA newspapers (no NYT);
- modest food offerings;
- still crowded!
The real story, however, is the alternatives are much better than in 2012:
- the UA Club Lounge has real food, and tons of space;
- the AMEX Centurion Lounge has fantastic food by NYC chefs, premium brews, and great sweets.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:33 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
- the AMEX Centurion Lounge has fantastic food by NYC chefs, premium brews, and great sweets.
+ 1 on that. I had the good fortune to visit that lounge before LGA dropped off my forever given up for Lent list (or at least until the 'renovation' is mostly complete). Nice setup and very good food.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Maple Leaf Lounge LGA

Last night, I had some extra time, so decided to pay a visit to the MLL at LGA.

This used to be a nice lounge operated in the past by Continental Airlines and - maybe - another one. They accept Priority Pass, it is before security - so why not?

I have been there before. However with every visit, it looks like that the standard is going lower and lower.

This time, I have to wait a while to check in, since the agent had to deal with a group of AC pax complaining about yet another delay.

Once in, I was told that there was no more Prosecco. It looks like AC has somebody who really hates anything sparkling - it has been removed from lounges a non long haul business class a while ago.

The desktop computer did not work.

The ambiance was gloomy...

Well, thanks for the Amex Centurion nearby - where you are really welcome as a guest, everything works and food and beverage are of much higher standard.

At least, I did not have to worry about delayed AC flights, my return was on AA and on time.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Vaclav
Last night, I had some extra time, so decided to pay a visit to the MLL at LGA.

This used to be a nice lounge operated in the past by Continental Airlines and - maybe - another one. They accept Priority Pass, it is before security - so why not?

I have been there before. However with every visit, it looks like that the standard is going lower and lower.

This time, I have to wait a while to check in, since the agent had to deal with a group of AC pax complaining about yet another delay.

Once in, I was told that there was no more Prosecco. It looks like AC has somebody who really hates anything sparkling - it has been removed from lounges a non long haul business class a while ago.

The desktop computer did not work.

The ambiance was gloomy...

Well, thanks for the Amex Centurion nearby - where you are really welcome as a guest, everything works and food and beverage are of much higher standard.

At least, I did not have to worry about delayed AC flights, my return was on AA and on time.

How did you get in if you were on an AA flight?
Old May 2, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
How did you get in if you were on an AA flight?
The poster said he used Priority Pass (which the LGA MLL accepts). Only a boarding pass is required - it doesn't have to be *A.
Old May 3, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Toronto1970
The poster said he used Priority Pass (which the LGA MLL accepts). Only a boarding pass is required - it doesn't have to be *A.
sorry, thought it was priority pass access when it was a continental lounge.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
LGA MLL

Does the LGA MLL have a shower? I'll be arriving at JFK from Asia, then
coming home from LGA. A shower before the flight would be nice.
If not, would I have access to any other lounges that do ( *G, PP)?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Negative.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
never been to JFK, but seeing as it has a lot of international flights and a lot of the big airports in asia have shower rooms you can book in the $10-$20 range, perhaps they have that option?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Not sure how much time you'll have for the transfer, but having done it recently...

Customs hall at JFK arriving on OS was a nightmare, traffic to LGA, and the difficulty accessing LGA given the construction chaos.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.