FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1379506-been-extremely-rude-aeroplan-csr-phone.html)

perepelov Aug 21, 2012 10:26 am

Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone

=DELETED=

Deckard Aug 21, 2012 10:42 am

It's not the first time and you didn't bother to check this time? Hmmm. Fool me once...

Sebring Aug 21, 2012 10:42 am

It's possible you have too much attitude and brought a lot of this on yourself. There is no excuse for incivility.

Maybe try telling us why this particular promotion constituted deceit - "intentionally misleading customers" - to see if any others fell into the trap or it was just you.

SCWATS Aug 21, 2012 10:47 am

Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone

So because you didn't read the details, thats an excuse to Yell and be Disrespectful to the person who answers the phone? I had one rule many years ago when I worked in customer service - yell and curse the company all you want but the moment you take it to a personal level - its ON! I hope she yelled and screamed and disrespected you right back since in my book she had every right to.

I'm sorry but while I highly disagree with hiding behind the fine print it's a buyer beware world out there. If you want to take part in a promo or similar YOU are ultimately responsible for knowing what you're getting involved in.

With all that said I agree that those catches need to be more accessible and worded in such a manner as most people can truly understand it and companies who refuse or try to skirt around it should be hung by their proverbial toes!

Often1 Aug 21, 2012 10:48 am

It's intolerable to be rude. As OP himself points out, the CSR doesn't make the rules.

If it's happened once, it may have happened before. Some businesses, including other carriers, fire customers when they get to be too much of a problem.

I can't say what AC does.

Doc Savage Aug 21, 2012 10:53 am

Originally Posted by perepelov (Post 19165164)
...after that I started yelling an her. I was extremely rude and disrespective, told her that she should be ashamed working for such a bad employer, and so on and so forth.

I do not regret doing that.

I think it's deplorable.

And yes, I know that it was not the lady's fault - however, in the absense of other ways to let the management of the company know, I will continue yelling and being disrespectful. If they want to talk like descent people do - let's talk, but let's not BS each other. First of all, I want them to admit that they've been cheating and intentially misleading customers - then I'd apologise to the lady.

I agree with the OP. I think the actions described above are deplorable.

And it is spelled "decent."

yyzgigi Aug 21, 2012 11:13 am

Story reminds of the idiot that filmed himself yelling at the drive through lady at Chick Fil A -- he even managed to make her cry.... perhaps next time.

Whatever you think of AC's promotions the CSR is not responsible for them and doens't deserve anyone's anger. What exactly was so deceptive and misleading that it justified treating others like garbage?

perepelov Aug 21, 2012 11:17 am

=DELETED=

perepelov Aug 21, 2012 11:22 am

=DELETED=

Boogie711 Aug 21, 2012 11:26 am

Originally Posted by perepelov (Post 19165545)
The promotion was: "convert your points from partner programs into Aeroplan, and receive bonus Aeroplan miles". I have Amex US card with points, which I converted into Aeroplan in the past many times, and received bonus miles without any problems. This time AmEx was still mentionned as one of the partners - however, they decided to exclude US cards specifically. I'm sure it was because there are too many Aeroplan members having those cards - can you think of a better explanation?... Anyway, the note about exclusion of US cards was not on the e-mail I received - and not on the webpage I opened from that e-mail - but on another webpage... Or at least that's how they say - there's no way to check it now, as the promotion has expired and no longer available.

So you had a US card and couldn't get bonus miles from transferring to Aeroplan. Are you an American?

Because we can cue the stereotype about the rude, classless American yelling at the poor AC CSR right about now...:rolleyes:

yyzgigi Aug 21, 2012 11:27 am

Originally Posted by perepelov (Post 19165545)
The promotion was: "convert your points from partner programs into Aeroplan, and receive bonus Aeroplan miles". I have Amex US card with points, which I converted into Aeroplan in the past many times, and received bonus miles without any problems. This time AmEx was still mentionned as one of the partners - however, they decided to exclude US cards specifically. I'm sure it was because there are too many Aeroplan members having those cards - can you think of a better explanation?... Anyway, the note about exclusion of US cards was not on the e-mail I received - and not on the webpage I opened from that e-mail - but on another webpage... Or at least that's how they say - there's no way to check it now, as the promotion has expired and no longer available.

This might help with the history, looks like the Points Guy was able to read the T&Cs:

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/05/aero...les-promotion/

perepelov Aug 21, 2012 11:27 am

=DELETED=

perepelov Aug 21, 2012 11:30 am

=DELETED=

yycworldtraveler Aug 21, 2012 11:31 am

Originally Posted by perepelov (Post 19165164)
- and after that I started yelling an her. I was extremely rude and disrespective,

I do not regret doing that.

Very poor form IMHO. :td:

I hope the agent that you decided to berate took the time to add some notes to your Aeroplan profile so all future agents know what they are dealing with.

perepelov Aug 21, 2012 11:32 am

=DELETED=