Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, HHonors
Originally Posted by perepelov
What happened to my right of free speech?
You don't like seeing words "rape" and "murder"? Go somewhere else, noone's forcing you to read this.
Nobody's forcing us to read this, true but just like parenting, it takes a village to check somebody who's behaving stupidly - I'm not an AC guy but after reading your post it was obvious that a) you wanted people to support your behavior and b) you needed a reality check - I'm all for behaving as you wish as long as it doesn't hurt others, your behavior does hurt others and gives all flyers a bad reputation with the airlines and the entire community of travelers should jump on you for perpetuating that!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Last edited by perepelov; Aug 21, 2012 at 2:49 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Parnel, is that you trolling again?
oh dear....i laughed so loud people looked at me in my office....
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
What happened to an old rule "customer is always right"?... In the good ol' days, if a rep sends a disrgrunted customer to a manager - the said rep would risk being immediately fired for not pleasing the dear customer. I miss those times...
Because the customer is not always right.

Your mentality is clear that you wanted to rant to the CSR to get something that is not owed to you, because you failed to read the T&C. Your argument is that they should have told you in the email "Hey, don't forget to read the T&C" Which even if they said that, you would have found some other reason to blame everyone else but yourself.

I miss the times that people took responsibility for their actions, lack thereof. Not one person agrees with you, but you are the one that is correct? In this case it doesn't appear the customer is right.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: FT
Your conclusions are totally incorrect - I already explained what I wanted, by posting here.
Seems like you didn't read my personal T&C as well
so sue them. you might very well win. then they might change.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:37 pm

Your conclusions are totally incorrect - I already explained what I wanted, by posting here.
Seems like you didn't read my personal T&C as well
The only 'conclusion' was that you wanted people to read your post - virtually factual based on the fact that it was posted on a website, had you wished it to be kept private you would have kept it in your diary.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Rule Number 1

ALWAYS ALWAYS check the fine print with Air Canada and Aeroplan. They SPECIALIZE in fine print!

Rule Number 2: Give the CSR's a break, you make it so much harder on us calling after you.

....yes, AC/AP are scammers, but it doesn't give you the excuse.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:42 pm

What happened to an old rule "customer is always right"?... In the good ol' days, if a rep sends a disrgrunted customer to a manager - the said rep would risk being immediately fired for not pleasing the dear customer. I miss those times...
The customer is not always right. The customer is sometimes greedy, rude, manipulative, deceitful, or even criminal.

The phrase "the customer is always right" can be paraphrased as "the customer knows their needs best, so we need to listen to them and strive to figure out how to serve those needs in a way that is a win for both parties". The phrase doesn't mean "give the customer whatever they want, for the price they want".
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:45 pm

What happened to an old rule "customer is always right"?...
The customer is not always right. Customer service is the art of telling a customer to go to hell and having them ask you for directions!

A personal favorite quote of mine.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: AC*E, CX Silver, TK Elite, IHG Gold, HH Gold, SPG
Is this for real? I feel like we've entered the twilight zone. The amount of ridiculousness being spewed by OP is uncalled for in my opinion. If the OP is saying things like "When you get raped or murdered, don't expect sympathy from me" after being denied a few bonus points, I can only imaging what a bundle of joy he is to deal with in real life.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by highfly3r
Is this for real? I feel like we've entered the twilight zone. The amount of ridiculousness being spewed by OP is uncalled for in my opinion. If the OP is saying things like "When you get raped or murdered, don't expect sympathy from me" after being denied a few bonus points, I can only imaging what a bundle of joy he is to deal with in real life.
I think everybody except the OP agrees with that.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Wow I'm on a thread that actually features a nazi shark jump. I thought they were apocryphal. The OP is now trolling for the sake of enjoying your righteous anger.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:51 pm

I don't know where are y'all people work, but in my line of business you wouldn't survive even an hour - with such "anticustomer" attitude...
WAIT are you actually saying you work in a customer centric industry? And you still behave like your post describes?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.