Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lounge access on Eup for a no status nominee on a ticket with AC and codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Hi,

Tried to search but came up empty

Just upgraded my GF who doesn't have status. She has a 2 segment flight originating in the US. First flight is an AC codeshare operated by United (economy only flight) and 2nd leg is upgraded AC metal.

My question: does she get lounge access at point of departure or only immediately prior to the upgraded segment?

Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
e-upgraded segments for non-status members are not eligible for MLL access. Her luck would be 50/50, as it depends whether or not the agent bothers to look for her original fare class.

However, if she's upgraded and is trying to access a *Alliance lounge, she'll be fine. The US/UA Club agents will admit her just based on a J ticket on AC.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:19 pm

I have yet to hear of an instance where an eUp nominee with a confirmed upgrade has not received all J benefits (luggage, boarding, lounge, etc.)
Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Does require the eupgrade to have cleared, of course, not be waitlisted.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by hydrogen
I have yet to hear of an instance where an eUp nominee with a confirmed upgrade has not received all J benefits (luggage, boarding, lounge, etc.)
This happened to my friend, shortly after e-ups were introduced. He was Prestige, confirmed in J via an upgrade (sponsored by me). The agent was polite, but denied him access. Fortunately, I was a couple minutes behind him and guested him in.

I do agree that it is rare. So tell your GF to give it a shot, but not make a scene if she is denied entry to the MLL

I usually back up my nominees with a lounge pass in these cases, and tell them only to produce it if necessary.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by yvr76
Originally Posted by hydrogen
This happened to my friend, shortly after e-ups were introduced. He was Prestige, confirmed in J via an upgrade (sponsored by me). The agent was polite, but denied him access. Fortunately, I was a couple minutes behind him and guested him in.

I do agree that it is rare. So tell your GF to give it a shot, but not make a scene if she is denied entry to the MLL

I usually back up my nominees with a lounge pass in these cases, and tell them only to produce it if necessary.
Thanks

The lounges in question will be UA clubs and not Mlls. Also, haven't received any lounge passes in the mail yet (not that they'd work at a UA club anyway)

And thanks to everyone for your responses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.