Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by canalskater
How did you get AMEX points when promotion is for CIBC?
Oddly enough, never saw it for my CIBC card, but saw it for the AMEX card.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
I called sometime around Nov and was told they were going to come after Dec 31 (since that date is mentioned on the insert). I decided to give it one more call today. They tried to get me to call esso, and then aeroplan but I kept saying it was their promotion. I was put on hold for a long time and the agent found the promotion and found out I never got it. She said I'll be getting them on my March statement so we'll see. It sounded convincing this time - but it is a huge pain dealing with anything with CIBC.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by tryinginvain
I called sometime around Nov and was told they were going to come after Dec 31 (since that date is mentioned on the insert). I decided to give it one more call today. They tried to get me to call esso, and then aeroplan but I kept saying it was their promotion. I was put on hold for a long time and the agent found the promotion and found out I never got it. She said I'll be getting them on my March statement so we'll see. It sounded convincing this time - but it is a huge pain dealing with anything with CIBC.
Agree. Terrible customer service. Only application for new cards and bonuses are fine, I had not issues with that.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I too called Aeroplan and they had me call Esso. When I did that the Esso agent was quick to tell me that Esso had a lot of calls about the issue and that it was in fact Esso's problem. She told me she had done a number of the requests and then she filled out the information she needed to award the points. They appeared in my AE account quickly.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:32 am

I saw the 1300 bonus miles post today (dated March 12). It looks like a manual adjustment, probably from Esso. I'm not sure who got the ball rolling as I mentioned I called all 3 companies involved multiple times.

Unfortunately for CIBC I cancelled my Aerogold in protest a few weeks ago when they tried to pass the buck a third time on me
Old Mar 13, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Mar 8 2013 GOODWILL MILES FROM CIBC - CIBC AEROGOLD 1,500

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.